Focused Feedback: Enhancements

An idea for the Thrust runspeed IO unique, and I do not know if this is possible. But if the buffs from power boost can be dissected to only grant a bonus to +run speed, this could be a fun, and likely significantly more useful than the current option for thrust. A specifically runspeed only power boost effect, even in super speed, would increase your unsuppressed movement by buffing Sprint and Swift at a minimum. This is effectively a minor reduction to travel suppression, which would feel great.

Currently on fire.

• City Council
14 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

An idea for the Thrust runspeed IO unique, and I do not know if this is possible. But if the buffs from power boost can be dissected to only grant a bonus to +run speed, this could be a fun, and likely significantly more useful than the current option for thrust. A specifically runspeed only power boost effect, even in super speed, would increase your unsuppressed movement by buffing Sprint and Swift at a minimum. This is effectively a minor reduction to travel suppression, which would feel great.

In the next build, Thrust will be replacing its 20% run speed resistance with a run speed buff. The run speed will be the same as Swift (5mph at base, 0.1 scale), will not suppress in combat and is enhanceable.

For example, if you slot it into Super Speed (1.0 scale), the unique will make it 10% faster and that 10% will not suppress if you attack.

Assuming you 4 slot Thrust into Super Speed, the 91.8% enhancement will grant you 9.6 mph of unsuppressed speed.

This should address the issue of offering a benefit while traveling as well as a benefit while in combat. Something that the run speed resistance didn't do.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Booper said:

In the next build, Thrust will be replacing its 20% run speed resistance with a run speed buff. The run speed will be the same as Swift (5mph at base, 0.1 scale), will not suppress in combat and is enhanceable.

For example, if you slot it into Super Speed (1.0 scale), the unique will make it 10% faster and that 10% will not suppress if you attack.

Assuming you 4 slot Thrust into Super Speed, the 91.8% enhancement will grant you 9.6 mph of unsuppressed speed.

This should address the issue of offering a benefit while traveling as well as a benefit while in combat. Something that the run speed resistance didn't do.

I think the special should function as a set bonus so it works even when SS is not toggled.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Lead Game Master
7 hours ago, neuropsych said:

Question about the new DSOs:  if a power doesn't normally allow a particular enhancement to be slotted, would slotting DSO still affect that stat?  For example, Assault allows endurance reduction, but not damage one.  If one were to slot the damage/endurance reduction DSO, would assault's damage be boosted? 

EDIT: and also same question for Build up:  would slotting the damage/recharge DSO boost the damage, even though build up normally doesn't take damage enhancements?

The "Damage" in those only enhance straight up damage of an attack power, not +damage buffs, which are hard-coded as being unenhanceable. Someone else can explain it better than I, but apparently even trying really messes with the interaction between damage and resistance or something. So, no, slotting Dam/End into Assault or Build up won't increase the +Damage buff, it'll just decrease the endurance cost.

In a similar vein, enhancing Acc/Rech/Threat into, say, Siphon Power, won't make it taunt or placate the target, as Siphon Power does not have that attribute. Putting Dam/Mez into Fireball won't make it mez targets on a hit. and so on.

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

• City Council
5 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I think the special should function as a set bonus so it works even when SS is not toggled.

The uniques will not become global set bonuses. As I mentioned earlier:

Common in this Feedback thread (too many to quote), there has been feedback regarding "why not just make them global set bonuses"? A few reasons for that:

One, if you get a +2.0 Fly as a set bonus, you're never touching the ground again.

Two, these unique IOs should not be treated as things you slot into mule powers. If you want the benefit, you have to use the power.

Three, I wanted to allow those who do wish to "one-slot wonder" to boost the enhancement of the unique without fear of losing the bonus if they exemplar.

Finally, I wanted the buff to always work from level 1 to level 50. As long as you have the power, you can have the buff.

• City Council

Based on some of the recent feedback, I am looking at set bonuses that do not include defense. I don't expect everybody to like this option, but I'll present it for discussion. For history sake, I'll include the other options I posted earlier:

• 2-piece | 3-piece | 4-piece
  • T2 Sustain T2 Resistance (2.25%) T3 Positional/Type Defense (2.5% / 1.25%)
  • T2 Sustain T2 Resistance (2.25%) | T4 Type/Positional Defense (3.13% / 1.565%)
  • T2 Sustain T1 Positional/Type (1.25% / 0.625%) T5 Resistance (4.5%)  (Current implementation)
  • T2 Resistance (2.25%) | T4 Sustain | T5 Move or Sustain (New)

Specifically, I'm looking at this for each set using the newest format:

• Hypersonic: 2.25% E/N Resist | 1.875% HP | 9% Movement Speed
  • Launch: 2.25% S/L Resist | 10% Regen | 2.7% Max End
  • Thrust: 2.25% F/C Resist | 2.5% Recovery | 10% Slow Resist
  • Warp: 2.25% T/P Resist | 3% End Discount | 7.5% Range
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Booper said:

The uniques will not become global set bonuses. As I mentioned earlier:

Then they should go in combat powers.

If they’re only going to be on when the toggle is on, then they should not be designed for travel powers they should be designed for combat powers. I don’t understand how this is even a conversation.

Obviously they should go in combat powers, not travel powers. Please re-think these designs.

• Like 1

• City Council
34 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

If the intention is for them to go in travel powers, then they should be designed to go in travel powers. So it makes no sense to have an element of them that requires them to be on during combat.

No element requires them to be on during combat. There is an option for turning it on in combat if you wish to have the benefits it affords you (at the cost of using a travel power while in combat). However, that will be a choice that you will have to make, not one that will be given to you simply because you slot the IO into an inactive power. These are extensions to your travel power, not gifts to your build.

41 minutes ago, Booper said:

No element requires them to be on during combat. There is an option for turning it on in combat if you wish to have the benefits it affords you (at the cost of using a travel power while in combat). However, that will be a choice that you will have to make, not one that will be given to you simply because you slot the IO into an inactive power. These are extensions to your travel power, not gifts to your build.

Then make them extensions of the travel power. The current design you have is all stuff for combat, not travel.

• Like 1

I think DreadShinobi has presented the best reasons why these new travel powers enhancement sets are flawed and will be completely ignored.  Speaking only for myself, I don't need my travel powers to be "better".  They are already sufficiently good for my purposes.  To encourage me to use travel powers during combat *and* to encourage me to 4 slot these powers would require something rather amazing.  The uniques would have to be something that would make me better at combat - like a boost to damage, range, recharge, to hit, etc.   Making these combat uniques only function while the travel power is active would be fine if the combat boosts were decent.  Making the uniques simply enhance the travel powers themselves does nothing for me.  I couldn't care less if the unique makes me jump 8 feet higher.  But a large boost to range or damage while the travel power is active would be extremely appealing. 

And the set bonuses also need to be much better than normal set bonuses - because I don't really need to put slots in a travel power.  Because again - one slotted travel powers already function perfectly fine.  So the set bonuses need to be purple level quality to have any appeal at all.  Very large boosts to endurance, defense or range or whatever you feel is thematically consistent. 

I actually really like the idea of encouraging folks to use travel powers during combat.  But these enhancement sets are certainly not going to accomplish that. 

• Like 2

There's a lot of discussion here about not using travel powers in combat; are these things that won't work in Hover/CJ? Like the fly protection unique looks prefect for Hover-based characters (basically all of mine, I love it for combat movment). IDK how useful the jumping unique is & I understand that SS has no equivalent to either, but Hover specifically seems like it could get a lot of benefit from grabbing at least a 2/3 set bonus worth for these.

• City Council
49 minutes ago, Seroster01 said:

There's a lot of discussion here about not using travel powers in combat; are these things that won't work in Hover/CJ? Like the fly protection unique looks prefect for Hover-based characters (basically all of mine, I love it for combat movment). IDK how useful the jumping unique is & I understand that SS has no equivalent to either, but Hover specifically seems like it could get a lot of benefit from grabbing at least a 2/3 set bonus worth for these.

It will slot into those powers. Go back to Page 3 of these comments and you'll see a breakdown of use-cases for these uniques.

The real problem piece is the Running special, because there’s no combat power to put it in. The Flying, Jumping, and Teleport specials will work ok. The Running one I don’t really have a suggestion if you aren’t going to let it be a set bonus. Seems like you’re shooting yourselves in the foot on this piece.

• City Council
2 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

The real problem piece is the Running special, because there’s no combat power to put it in. The Flying, Jumping, and Teleport specials will work ok. The Running one I don’t really have a suggestion if you aren’t going to let it be a set bonus. Seems like you’re shooting yourselves in the foot on this piece.

There are some, not many. It does not matter as the uniques are not designed for combat travel powers (if you want something like that, you can use the Suggestions and Feedback forum).

The only consideration given to uniques that can slot into combat powers is to ensure the unique does not make the combat power too strong. 

I understand you are working under certain constraints, Bopper. A certain, shall we say, budget. And that being 'too good' will surpass the budget and not be allowed even if you wanted to.

But unfortunately the feedback so far has been clear: this is not useful, and it is expensive in a build's currency which are slots. So investing time in this endeavor is going to be a waste.

When things are said like 'it's good to have options' it implies the options are good. And right now this is going the Acid Vial route.

I am in no way against you or raging that 'devs don't listen' because I understand the constraints you are working under.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some interesting sets. 

Thanks again for adding a Slow set. The set, as posted, is tempting. A max Slow resist ranged Ice character is easy to picture now thanks to these changes.

RE: The travel sets. These are oddball sets, so it would be interesting if they provided an oddball bonus like STR to a strange stat. For example Taunt STR. I dont even know if STR exists for Taunt, although it theoretically should, since Taunt and now Placate are enhanceable. Other strange stats that can potentially provide STR are ToHit, RunSpeed, Heal/Absorb and Endurance Mod.  

• City Council
1 hour ago, Sovera said:

A certain, shall we say, budget. And that being 'too good' will surpass the budget and not be allowed even if you wanted to.

But unfortunately the feedback so far has been clear: this is not useful, and it is expensive in a build's currency which are slots. So investing time in this endeavor is going to be a waste.

Exactly, it is a budget. One that I've outlined and provided suggestions for feedback on. I disagree on the investing time in other's feedback as a wasted endeavor, some of it has been useful. For example, the Run Speed Resistance did not fit within the design goals of the set, so that is getting upgraded to something truly unique. I look forward to test feedback when that's introduced as it is a first-of-its-kind effect for a slotted enhancement and I'll want to ensure it is not bugged in any way.

1 hour ago, oedipus_tex said:

The travel sets. These are oddball sets, so it would be interesting if they provided an oddball bonus like STR to a strange stat. For example Taunt STR. I dont even know if STR exists for Taunt, although it theoretically should, since Taunt and now Placate are enhanceable. Other strange stats that can potentially provide STR are ToHit, RunSpeed, Heal/Absorb and Endurance Mod.  

I don't see increased taunt strength as being too interesting to folks who are just wanting to slot a travel set, but this is sort of what I was going for in designing uniques. Initially, the +Fly magnitude was going to be a Resistance(Fly). Kind of a neat idea, where let's say you have 50% resistance to Fly, it will require twice as much -Fly to knock you out of the air. Unfortunately, this would have made it a better IO to slot into Hover or Evasive Maneuvers as opposed to Fly/Mystic Flight. That's where a flat +Fly was born. Unfortunately...this did very horrible things if you slot it into Evasive Maneuvers while not Flying. I probably have a hilarious video somewhere of blazing through the air at 21 mph, and having about as much movement control as glass slippers on an ice skating rink (let's just say I failed to stop at every red light). So the implementation of the +Fly is similar to that done for the KB/KD IOs, which uses a PowerChanceMod in all the powers. Now it works, thankfully.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First, I wanted to give a big thanks to @AboveTheChemist for the Freebies Popup Menu, makes testing so much faster!!!!

Summary:

The new travel power IO sets (Thrust, Hypersonic, Launch, and Warp) all improve the travel speed and decrease the endurance costs of each of their respective travel pool powers, mainly due to the fourth IO for each that provides added +movement in addition to unique bonuses that improve the respective travel power even more so than could be achieved with other travel IO sets in each respective category. As you will see below, reaching the speed caps for each travel power is relatively easy thanks in large part to the recent changes here on Homecoming to movement speeds. Improving the travel speed alone can be achieved with the current (live version) travel IO sets rather well, however, the global set bonuses that these sets provide will now need to be weighed for their pros and cons against the benefit of using the new travel IO sets, specifically applying or conserving the fourth slot for the travel pool power or a different power depending on the constraints of the build. Looking at these powers strictly through the lens of travel powers, not combat powers, an inference can be made that they are better than their respective travel IO set compatriots. When looking at them through the lens of travel powers used during combat, there are added benefits from both the global set bonuses and from the unique IOs for each travel set that their travel IO set compatriots do not have. That being said, the unique bonuses provided by the new travel IO sets offer things that are truly unique to IOs, and even to other powers available in the game. For example, Fly Protection from the Hypersonic Flight IO set provides 2.0 Fly Protection, which, when used in conjunction with Hover and Fly (and I believe Evasive Maneuvers?) grants the user 7.0 Fly Protection (or 10 if EM is active, I believe). That is enough to stop nearly any enemy in the game from dropping a player out of the sky. As was mentioned previously in the thread by @Booper, these new travel power IO sets can be slotted in to accompanying travel pool powers. For example, Warp can be slotted in to every power in the Teleportation travel pool except for Fold Space, though the unique proc can only be slotted once in the build (see image at the bottom of the post in the Teleport section for example). As @Booper noted on page 2, the intent was "to have these sets fall between the Universal Travel sets (Blessing, Winter's) and the non-universal Travel IO sets (e.g. Freebird, Unbounded Leap, Celerity, etc). The two-slot and three-slot set bonuses are purposely weak to perform in-line with the non-universals while offering a significant four-slot set bonus to reward anyone willing to invest that many slots into a travel power." The current build for these travel power IO sets accomplishes this based on my testing.

Suggestion and Feedback:

I do not believe that the travel power IO set bonuses should change at all. I think the appropriate amount of consideration should be made by the player for which travel power, what set bonuses, and what unique IOs are worth it. If a player is chasing resistance bonuses and likes using a specific power, they can utilize the travel power IO set that gives them the most bang for their buck with these changes. The Warp Teleportation IO set is a great use of the already inherent base speed of Teleport, which at base value, is faster than the second fastest travel pool power Super Speed at capped running speed. Throw the Warp Teleportation IO set on to Teleport and you nearly double the speed of the second faster travel power at its cap! And you get very useful global set bonuses, and you can utilize one of the few +perception bonus IOs in the game. There is a lot to decide with these new travel power IO sets and I think that is the right direction to go. More options means a more unique experience for the player while balancing the pros and cons.

Edit: I have not tested new changes to the travel power IO sets that have been suggested in this thread. Update may occur later if such changes are patched.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on the current Build 1 of Page 3 of Issue 27 on the Beta shard. All builds had no other enhancements slotted during testing. Here are the numbers:   

Spoiler

Baseline - at Level 50, without any enhancements slotted and no set bonuses out of combat:

Running Speed:

Base + Swift = 19.33 MPH

Base + Swift + Sprint/Prestige Sprints = 33.65 MPH

Base + Swift + Sprint/Prestige Sprints + Super Speed/Speed of Sound = 83.76 MPH

Flying Speed:

Base + Swift = 24.41 MPH

Base + Swift + Hover = 24.41 MPH

Base + Swift + Hover + Fly = 58.97 MPH

Base + Swift + Hover + Fly + Evasive Maneuvers = 70.69 MPH

Base + Swift + Hover + Fly + Evasive Maneuvers + Afterburner = 92.81 MPH

Jumping Speed:

Base + Hurdle = 32.14 MPH

Base + Hurdle + Combat Jump = 32.29 MPH (not a big increase unenhanced)

Base + Hurdle + Combat Jump + Super Jump = 67.80 MPH

Jumping Height:

Base + Hurdle = 10.67 FT

Base + Hurdle + Sprint = 11.07 FT (just a 0.40 FT increase with Sprint activated)

Base + Hurdle + Sprint + Combat Jump = 19.07 FT

Base + Hurdle + Sprint + Combat Jump + Super Jump = 122.27 FT

*Above with Double Jump activated allows a jump height of most zone ceilings.

Teleport Speed (per activation) - 120 MPH (equates to 116 yds (or 348ft) per 1.5 second activation. *Assuming enough endurance to activate power and power is queued before each subsequent activation.

*Note – these numbers can also be applied to the travel pool power comparatives (i.e., Super Speed is comparable to Speed of Sound, outside of the Speed Cap, Fly is comparable to Mystic Flight, outside of using Afterburner, etc.)

Now looking at each travel IO set in their respective travel pool power (i.e., Super Speed, Fly, Super Jump, and Teleport), the following information was gathered.

Running Sets

Spoiler

Running Build 1 - at Level 50, with all 3 Level 50 Quickfoot enhancements slotted in Super Speed/Speed of Sound:

Running Speed:

Base + Swift = 19.33 MPH

Base + Swift + Sprint/Prestige Sprints + Super Speed/Speed of Sound = 118.29 MPH (41% improvement over base stats)

Run Speed increase over base value: 68.9%

Endurance Cost decrease over base value: 68.9%

Set Bonuses:

2 Slotted - Lethal/Smashing Resistance increased by 1.5% and Mez Resistance increased by 2.5%

3 Slotted - Increases maximum health by 0.75%

Observations: Thanks to the Run/End IO of the set, the travel speed increase from the set is greater compared to Celerity, which uses the third IO of the set to provide +Stealth. The set bonuses are also lower than Celerity, which balances the decision between the two Running & Sprints sets.

Running Build 2 - at Level 50, with all 3 Level 50 Celerity enhancements slotted in Super Speed/Speed of Sound:

Running Speed:

Base + Swift = 19.33 MPH

Base + Swift + Sprint/Prestige Sprints + Super Speed/Speed of Sound = 105.01 MPH (25% improvement over base stats)

Run Speed increase over base value: 42.4%

Endurance Cost decrease over base value: 42.4%

Set Bonuses:

2 Slotted - Lethal/Smashing Resistance increased by 2.25% and Mez Resistance increased by 3.75%

3 Slotted - Increases maximum health by 1.5%

Unique Stealth IO

Observations: Thanks to the +Stealth IO of the set, the travel speed increase from the set is lower compared to Celerity, which uses the third IO of the set to provide a Run/End IO. The set bonuses are also higher than Quickfoot, which balances the decision between the two Running & Sprints sets. You get to be invisible, which helps with traveling!

Running Build 3 - at Level 50, with all 4 Level 50 Thrust enhancements slotted in Super Speed/Speed of Sound:

Running Speed:

Base + Swift = 19.33 MPH

Base + Swift + Sprint/Prestige Sprints + Super Speed/Speed of Sound = 120.24 MPH (43% improvement over base stats AND reaches the Running Speed Cap)

Run Speed increase over base value: 91.8%

Set Bonuses:

2 Slotted – Improves Recovery by 1.5% base endurance

3 Slotted - Increases area of effect defense by 1.25% and fire and cold defense by 0.625%

4 Slotted – Increases Fire and Cold Resistance by 4.5% and Mez Resistance by 7.5%

Bonus – Increased resistance to Run Speed Debuffs by 20%

Observations: Thanks to the fourth IO in the set, the travel speed increase from the set is higher than both Quickfoot or Celerity, reaching the Running Speed Cap, but Quickfoot nearly reaches the Running Speed Cap with its third IO of the set to providing a Run/End boost. The set bonuses for this set for Mez Resistance are also higher than either Quickfoot or Celerity, and increase Recovery instead of Max Health, allows for build flexibility decisions between the two Running & Sprints sets and this Running set. This IO set provides global increase to recovery, defense, and resistance, as opposed to the Running & Sprints sets which provide global increase to maximum health and resistance, but does not require a fourth IO to do so. Lastly, this set has a unique IO which grants run speed debuff resistance.

Flying Sets

Spoiler

Flying Build 1 - at Level 50, with all 3 Level 50 Soaring enhancements slotted in Fly:

Flying Speed:

Base + Swift = 24.41 MPH

Base + Swift + Hover + Fly + Evasive Maneuvers = 87.95 MPH

Base + Swift + Hover + Fly + Evasive Maneuvers + Afterburner = 102.27 MPH

Fly Speed increase over base value: 68.9%

Set Bonuses:

2 Slotted – Improves Recovery by 1% base endurance

Observations: Thanks to the Fly/End IO of the set, the travel speed increase from the set is greater compared to Freebird, which uses the third IO of the set to provide +Stealth. The set bonuses are also lower than Freebird, which balances the decision between the three Flight sets.

Flying Build 2 - at Level 50, with all 3 Level 50 Freebird enhancements slotted in Fly:

Flying Speed:

Base + Swift = 24.41 MPH

Base + Swift + Hover + Fly + Evasive Maneuvers = 85.35 MPH

Fly Speed increase over base value: 42.4%

Set Bonuses:

2 Slotted – Improves Regeneration by 8% base health

Unique Stealth IO

Observations: Thanks to the +Stealth IO of the set, the travel speed increase from the set is lower compared to Soaring, which uses the third IO of the set to provide a Fly/End IO. The set bonuses are also higher than Soaring, with the first providing regeneration instead of recovery which balances the decision between the three Flight sets. You get to be invisible, which helps with traveling!

Flying Build 3 - at Level 50, with all 4 Level 50 Hypersonic enhancements slotted in Fly:

Flying Speed:

Base + Swift = 24.41 MPH

Base + Swift + Hover + Fly + Evasive Maneuvers = 87.95 MPH

Fly Speed increase over base value: 91.8%

Set Bonuses:

2 Slotted – Increases maximum health by 1.13%

3 Slotted - Increases Ranged Defense by 1.25% and Energy and Negative Energy Defense by 0.625%

4 Slotted – Increases Energy and Negative Energy Resistance by 4.5% and Mez Resistance by 7.5%

Bonus - +2 Fly Protection in the power it is slotted in to

Observations: Just like the other two Flight IO sets, the Fly Speed Cap can be reached by slotting the whole set. The travel speed increase from the set is the same compared to Soaring, but slightly higher than Freebird (by less than 2 MPH), which uses the third IO of the set to provide a Fly/End IO. The set bonuses are similar to Freebird, but the maximum health increase is slightly lower for 1 less slot utilized, and it is also different than Soaring with the first slot bonus providing a maximum health increase instead of a recovery increase which balances the decision between the three Flight sets. Lastly, this set provides a unique Fly Protection IO which increases Fly Protection by 2.0, allowing for a nearly unstoppable ability to fly against any enemy in the game.

Leaping Sets

Spoiler

Leaping Build 1 - at Level 50, with all 3 Level 50 Springfoot enhancements slotted in Super Jump:

Jumping Speed:

Base + Hurdle + Combat Jump = 32.72 MPH (due to the passive 0.43 MPH boost from the set bonus)

Base + Hurdle + Combat Jump + Super Jump = 92.79 MPH

Jumping Height:

Base + Hurdle = 10.79 FT

Base + Hurdle + Sprint = 11.19 FT (just a 0.40 FT increase with Sprint activated)

Base + Hurdle + Sprint + Combat Jump = 19.19 FT (increase due to the tiny 0.12 FT from passive set bonus)

Base + Hurdle + Sprint + Combat Jump + Super Jump = 199.01 FT (basically the cap)

Jump Speed increase over base value: 68.9%

Set Bonuses:

2 Slotted – Improves all movement speeds by 3% (including Running and Flying)

Observations: Thanks to the Jump/End IO of the set, the travel speed and height increase from the set is greater compared to Unbounded Leap, which uses the third IO of the set to provide +Stealth. The set bonuses are also lower than Unbounded Leap, which balances the decision between the Leaping and Leaping & Sprint IO sets.

Leaping Build 2 - at Level 50, with all 3 Level 50 Unbounded Leap enhancements slotted in Super Jump:

Jumping Speed:

Base + Hurdle + Combat Jump = 33.15 MPH (due to the passive 0.86 MPH boost from the set bonus)

Base + Hurdle + Combat Jump + Super Jump = 83.77 MPH

Jumping Height:

Base + Hurdle = 10.91 FT

Base + Hurdle + Sprint = 11.07 FT (just a 0.40 FT increase with Sprint activated)

Base + Hurdle + Sprint + Combat Jump = 19.31 FT (increase due to the tiny 0.24 FT from passive set bonus)

Base + Hurdle + Sprint + Combat Jump + Super Jump = 169.66 FT

Jump Speed increase over base value: 42.4%

Set Bonuses:

2 Slotted – Improves all movement speeds by 6% (including Running and Flying)

Unique Stealth IO

Observations: Thanks to the +Stealth IO of the set, the travel speed and height increase from the set is lower compared to Springfoot, which uses the third IO of the set to provide Jump/End IO increase. The set bonuses are higher than than Springfoot, which balances the decision between the Leaping and Leaping & Sprint IO sets. You get to be invisible, which helps with traveling!

Leaping Build 3 - at Level 50, with all 4 Level 50 Launch enhancements slotted in Super Jump:

Jumping Speed:

Base + Hurdle + Combat Jump = 32.29 MPH

Base + Hurdle + Combat Jump + Super Jump = 100.52 MPH

Jumping Height:

Base + Hurdle = 10.67 FT

Base + Hurdle + Sprint + Combat Jump = 19.07 FT

Base + Hurdle + Sprint + Combat Jump + Super Jump = 232.33 FT

Jump Speed increase over base value: 91.8%

Set Bonuses:

2 Slotted – Increases regeneration by 6% of base health.

3 Slotted - Increases Melee Defense by 1.25% and Lethal and Smashing Defense by 0.625%

4 Slotted – Increases Lethal and Smashing Resistance by 4.5% and Mez Resistance by 7.5%

Bonus +Jump Height in power it is slotted in to

Observations: Thanks to the four IOs of the set and the +Jump Height IO of the set, the travel speed and height increase from the set is much higher compared to Springfoot and Unbounded Leap, which uses the third IO of the set to provide Jump/End IO increase or +Stealth IO unique. The set bonuses are higher than both Springfoot or Unbounded Leap, which balances the decision between the Leaping and Leaping & Sprint IO sets. The unique IO gives the player a 232.33 FT Jump Height ceiling (though this is technically irrelevant with Double Jump allowing a player to reach most zone ceilings).

Teleportation Sets

Spoiler

Teleporting Build 1 - at Level 50, with all 3 Level 50 Jaunt enhancements slotted in Teleport:

Teleport Speed (per activation) - 196 MPH (equates to 164 yds (or 492ft) per 1.5 second activation. *Assuming enough endurance to activate power and power is queued before each subsequent activation. Approximately 23 seconds/mile.

Range increase over base value: 41.3%

Set Bonuses:

2 Slotted – Improves Regeneration by 4% base health

Teleporting Build 2 - at Level 50, with all 3 Level 50 Time & Space Manipulation enhancements slotted in Teleport:

Teleport Speed (per activation) - 177 MPH (equates to 145 yds (or 435ft) per 1.5 second activation. *Assuming enough endurance to activate power and power is queued before each subsequent activation. Approximately 25 seconds/mile.

Range increase over base value: 25.2% (hey that is low!)

Set Bonuses:

2 Slotted – Increases regeneration by 8% of base health.

Unique +Stealth IO

Teleporting Build 3 - at Level 50, with all 4 Level 50 Warp enhancements slotted in Teleport:

Teleport Speed (per activation) - 212 MPH (equates to 187 yds (or 561ft) per 1.5 second activation. *Assuming enough endurance to activate power and power is queued before each subsequent activation. Approximately 21 seconds/mile.

Range increase over base value: 54.2%

Set Bonuses:

2 Slotted – Increases Toxic and Psi Resistance by 2.25% and Mez Resistance by 3.75%

3 Slotted – Grants a global 1.75% endurance discount to all powers

4 Slotted – Increases range of all powers by 7.5%

Bonus +20% Perception global boost

Warp set slotting example:

Spoiler

2.JPG.d52793d50132edbaa8464c1d7a2ecf6a.JPG

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

3 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Then I suggest changing the Teleport one to make it actually improve travel as the others do.

Teleport is already, at base values, much better than any other travel power at its highest movement cap. The fact that Teleport can more than double the movement cap of the second fastest travel power, Super Speed, I think, should be noted for its unique circumstances, especially when comparing it to other travel power set IO bonuses.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

6 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Teleport is already, at base values, much better than any other travel power at its highest movement cap. The fact that Teleport can more than double the movement cap of the second fastest travel power, Super Speed, I think, should be noted for its unique circumstances, especially when comparing it to other travel power set IO bonuses.

True enough, but the +Perception bonus doesn't really seem to serve the design intention is all I'm saying.

I wonder if, for the teleport one, a 2-second untargetable or self phase effect would be better? That way, enemies have a small delay reacting to your presence, giving you time to queue up an attack or something? Granted, there already IS such a delay (due to lag and such) but this would provide a bit extra of a cushion for those with slower reaction times or whatnot.

It's still a "combat" thing, but it could also be used to avoid combat as well.

I dunno, just spitballin'.

Just now, Bionic_Flea said:

@Glacier Peak, wouldn't it be better to slot the +perception in combat TP?

I thought about this, and it depends. Having it in teleport means a player can teleport in to a mob or enemy and utilize the power's Untouchable status (which lasts around 5 seconds) to inform them of the potential threat in the area, with added +perception, without experiencing the potential risk of doing just that. On the other hand, Combat Teleport would be the ideal power for the unique +perception proc. The proc activates after the animation/teleport power finishes, so it's usefulness would be best utilized before engaging in combat in order to get the most perception of mobs at a distance. Kind of putting the chicken before the egg... knowing that there is a mob/enemy ahead that is cloaked (thinking Knives of Artemis) means you don't need +perception to see them, but if you've teleported in to an area that looked clear before activating, only to realize that once you've landed there with the +perception activated, it becomes moot anyway. I'll admit this is an outlier scenario for sure, but worth bringing up nonetheless I think.

Pocket D Zone Tour