Winter Holiday Dev's Choice!!!

Conviction

• City Council

Screenshot_540.thumb.png.091e536c7968984543c586d67b6c136d.png

Happy Holidays time again!

It's that time once again, Ladies and Gentlemen! Tis the season for snow beasts and gift giving. 

Santa has had a rough couple of years - short on workers, supply chains running dry, and joy around the world steadily declining. But this year, things will be different! Santa has a plan to fix everything! But nefarious plans are afoot aswell... Whispers in the night air carry the names of the Sand Man, Jack Frost, and even the Boogie Man (Booger Man?). Who could be behind all these terrible things?

We will be taking submissions from now, November 2nd until November 30th for our Holiday AE Contest.

🎅 Contest Rules 🤶

Create a story arc using all the objectives below.

Story arcs must adhere to the Code of Conduct.

Only one entry per player.

Include the following information when submitting an arc.

Arc ID

Arc Name

Author

Number of Missions

Description

🐾Photo of your pet in a Holiday Costume (optional - will not effect judging, we just like the pictures!)🐾

Only the arcs posted on this thread will be included in the contest. Please do not submit via DM or Discord.

Contest Objectives - The story arc must contain all of the following criteria or will be immediately disqualified.

• Create a 3 mission story arc (only 3 missions - anything longer will be disqualified. Less is okay.)
  • Arc must mention or contain at least one (more than one if you want) of the three bad guys listed above (Sand Man, Jack Frost, and/or the Boogie Man (Jive Turkey Boogie Man?)) 
  • Must contain at least one character with Ice themed powers
  • Must include Santa - mentioned or as a character/contact
  • Must include either a defendable object or a battle event somewhere in the arc

BE CREATIVE!

Prizes - We will be handing out the following rewards as prizes!

• First Place: 1,000 Reward Merits, 5 Winter Packs, Special Golden Title
  • Honorable Mentions: 500 Reward Merits, 3 Winter Packs, Special Golden Title

Screenshot_532.thumb.png.8e913ac6b4a6a1afbf59daa1d36be5e9.png

EDIT: We changed the name of the contest to Winter Holiday Dev's Choice to be more inclusive.

Edited by GM Conviction
Changed Contest Title.
  • Like 6

• Retired Game Master
3 hours ago, PresidentDSG said:

Does the Santa Claus character have to be explicitly Santa or would a kind old man who is heavily implied to be Santa Claus count, just as a random example?

Gotta be a Santa or a variant of Santa's name.

That "Santa" in the header doesn't have those winter gloves on.  I therefore submit that he is not the REAL Santa!!

• Haha 3

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• Conviction changed the title to Winter Holiday Dev's Choice!!!

Soo... We post the required information here, in this thread.

Are we on our honor not to lift cool stuff from others who post before us? Or to revise our own after we've posted? Is November 30 the cutoff for the start of judging? 😄

EDIT: 'Cause this was hella fun inspiration and I'm already working on the "coding" part!

Edited by Lady Kiwishta

• Retired Game Master
4 hours ago, Lady Kiwishta said:

Soo... We post the required information here, in this thread.

Are we on our honor not to lift cool stuff from others who post before us? Or to revise our own after we've posted? Is November 30 the cutoff for the start of judging? 😄

EDIT: 'Cause this was hella fun inspiration and I'm already working on the "coding" part!

To my knowledge, there's never been any occurrence of this in our contests. We individually test every arc that's submitted

• Thanks 1

Arc ID: 44775

Arc Name: Hard Christmas

Author: @Take One

Number of Missions: 3

Description:  Holiday Television - is there anything better? To spend the chilly winter months curled up in bed or on your couch, wearing your new pyjamas or ugly knitted sweater under a thick blanket, sipping on egg nog while enjoying your favorite traditional shows... Well, this year you have to work for it.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

The Naughty List

Kris Maus needs your help!

Arc ID: 44800
Arc Name: The Naughty List

Author: @Catbird

Description: Santa Claus has fallen asleep and won't wake up! There are still many preparations for the holiday gift delivery run! And what's more, Santa was going to visit Rat City this year, but that's in jeopardy now! A small helper needs a hero! (SFMA, solo-friendly)

Kris Maus 380px.png

Edited by Kartanian
Title and Image added

Dang, you guys are fast, I'm only like halfway through mine.  :P

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Arc ID: 44913

Arc Name: I Hate Christmas Music

Author: @PW

Number of Missions: 3

Description: 

Villainous.  Solo Friendly, Comedy.  Level 30-34.

'Tis the season for Christmas music - but that's simply the worst when you're a Troll Raver like the Boogie Man. Help the Boogie Man put an end to the scourge that is Christmas music and replace it with something with a more danceable beat.

Nobi xmas.png

• Like 1

Great cat!  I already want you to win based on the cat alone.

• Haha 1

The Dance Off That Saved Christmas

Arc ID -- 44962

Author: @Poltergeist Prince

Description:  Lame Christmas schlock ruins TV every year, so why should the AE be any different? Help Santa save Christmas through a series of weak character motivations and underdeveloped plot holes that Harold Angel of The Paragon Times hearkened to as "an asinine affront to the holiday spirit!"

Arc ID: 45041

Arc Name: A Rogue Isles Christmas

Author: @Monovalent

Description: It's Christmas Eve, and Santa has gone missing.  Arachnos is busy, and the children of the Rogue Isles might not get their presents. Lord Recluse is not amused!

*edit* Apparently I forgot to re-publish this after making an edit.. sorry about that!

No pets, but here is a picture of a broccoli Christmas tree..

Edible Broccoli Christmas Tree | Healthy Christmas Treat

Edited by Monovalent1
I'm a dummy
  • Haha 1

Arc ID:  45160
Arc Name:  Twas the Night Before Christmas... Enter Sandman
Author:  @Shadowblaze
Number of Missions:  3
Description:     It's Christmas Eve and Santa needs help! Queue music as you play, preferably Metallica's Enter Sandman. And open up your mind... Custom enemies with many powers, controls, and damage types. Accept at your own peril. Bring friends along for best luck, and to spread that Christmas Cheer! Beware AE...

Please send any feedback to @Shadowblaze. This is my first story arc ever. Battle event is in the third mission, at the start. Again, listen to Enter Sandman as you play!!!

And this picture is priceless...

20200814_103731.thumb.png.3d797ee90dd3ec9c9ae39b5042fd6c27.png

Olie, an abandoned caliby (calico tabby) kitty that found us 2 weeks before Thanksgiving 2017. She came up to our open window one night, with a meow and stared at us and our other two kitties, just wishing for warmth. We ended up keeping her after a few nights of return visits (likely the food), just before the cold snowy weather moved in too. She was house trained and a cuddlebug. This was her first Christmas with us and her first time inspecting the Christmas Tree. This is the kitty that likes climbing on my shoulder and cuddling like a baby during Doc's MSRs on Excelsior. 

Santa.thumb.PNG.7a8a7f04677582754b2eb401327d2036.PNG1867441593_jackfrost.thumb.PNG.0ebdc4b37f28fecd4e42a06f7ec46e2f.PNG

sandman.thumb.PNG.269778dd8c15e91de23e249c88833d3f.PNG1309580438_mrsclaus.thumb.PNG.5cc0bae26c5767f77fa4e17b3f34e4f2.PNG

Edit:  Please do read all the clues, souvenirs, and character infos as you play through !!!

Edited by Solarblaze4

I'm pleased to offer:

Mistletoe's Task Force

by @Jiro Ito

2 missions

Santa Claus has been kidnapped by Jack Frost and Christmas is in danger!  Help an overwhelmed middle manager with North Pole Industries mount a rescue and save Christmas!

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

TMWCotY.jpg.5b1c9248e3e5977c771581b16dce5beb.jpg

Arc ID: 45220
Arc Name:  The Most Wonderful Crime of the Year
Author:  @boilinghands
Number of Missions:  3

Description: 
Lord Recluse has abolished Christmas, and Grandville is in the grip of an anti-Christmas crackdown. Trees are torn down, gifts confiscated, carolers hit with riot hoses, and none dare resist. None, that is, but a rumor-shadowed figure who seeks those willing to defy Recluse's edict -- one the villains of the isles call only "The Sandman..."

The Most Wonderful Crime of the Year is a level 50, alignment-flexible Etoile arc, best experienced at a +?/x4 or higher difficulty level, with bosses enabled throughout and AVs turned on at least for mission 3, where they do more good than harm. Anyone completing the arc between now and the end of December can email me in-game with a brief summary of who their character is, and I’ll reply telling them what their gift from the Sandman was.

Special thanks to Black Hand Society kingpin Horror Frost for the gracious use of his likeness, everyone who helped playtest, and to my longstanding RP tailgunner Voidtek, both for constantly keeping me on my toes with this stuff and for always contributing ideas so unbelievably dumb that they somehow work.

Edited by Defeat All Snakes
UPS1xkf.png

MURDER on 34th Street!!!

Arc ID#: 45294

Arc Name: Murder on 34th Street

Author: @Charlie

Description: Santa Claus has been framed for a crime he did not commit. If you don't help prove his innocence, he'll be spending Christmas behind bars.

This solo-friendly arc is good for level 30+ players, though higher-level players will find the final mission much easier. Two AVs (that will scale down to EBs). Enjoy unraveling the mystery and working with Santa's Lawyer to get him off!

Photo of pet not included due to lack of pet... :(

• Like 2