zones that are never used ( for the most part)

MikeEmike

21 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Perhaps a small amount of XP or special drop when the civilian walks up to the character and thanks them.

Don't they have a chance of giving you an inspiration? 

Also, if your character has kb, that's its own reward. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Crey’s Folly and Eden are criminally underused.  The zones are amazing and appear to have rich backstory just waiting to be used.  They are also in that level range where things start to feel very grindy.

I pug pretty much exclusively, 95% of the time running my own team.  People don’t like to travel zone to zone which is part of why people run radios.  It’s much easier to recruit and run a team when you can advertise zone specific content.  

You even get a badge and a nice little merit reward for finishing all the arcs for the specific zones.  Also, if you’re just starting Wincott or Tremblor, the first contact for the zone, level appropriate teammates can start the contacts as well and joint complete the missions for their own merit rewards.  I always encourage qualified teammates to do this.  

Not only is recruiting easier, the missions provide a sense of build-up as you progress.  This keeps teammates around for longer.  I’ve had several teammates stick around for the entirety of the faultline content.  That’s a pretty long play session.  Same for the hollows, if you let them know you’re not done at frostfire, the entire team often sticks around.  

The current zones this is possible in.  Hollows, Faultline, Striga, Croatoa, First Ward, Night Ward, Dark Astoria.  I don’t run Striga very often because I’m sick of Council/5th.  I wish for zero new content that involves  them.  It’s tough to get people into the Wards.  I’m often on to a new toon once I’m DA worthy.  These are all great zones though.  Hollows, Faultline, and Croatoa are my bread and butter.  Again, it’s hard to get people into the Wards so post Croatoa is a real dead zone for this type of experience.  If a toon isn’t going to make it to 50, this is often where they die.  

The new ASF is great but I hope for more of this type of content in the 35-45 level range as opposed to more 45-50 content.  I believe the magic of this game lies in its enabling of altaholics like myself.  

Guardian survivor

On 12/1/2021 at 10:23 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

I don't want all street mobs to be my level. I like my level 50 being like Superman when he smacks some Hellions in Atlas Park around. Super hero game!

However, I would like to see a situation where saving a citizen from muggers on the street rewards a character, regardless of level. Perhaps a small amount of XP or special drop when the civilian walks up to the character and thanks them.

They used to do that, I seem to recall they would drop an inspiration back at around pre i7? Unless my memory has went bad, that's how I remember it. Also, adding to what you wrote, I would love to see Hazard Zones actually be hazardous. Larger mobs, higher levels than the minimum requirement to enter, more challenging missions, more mobs per square foot, kind of like how Hollows was before the revamp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

They used to do that, I seem to recall they would drop an inspiration back at around pre i7? Unless my memory has went bad, that's how I remember it. Also, adding to what you wrote, I would love to see Hazard Zones actually be hazardous. Larger mobs, higher levels than the minimum requirement to enter, more challenging missions, more mobs per square foot, kind of like how Hollows was before the revamp.

I like the idea of making hazard zones actually hazardous.  Someone made a suggestion a while back to repurpose the old Galaxy City map into a new incarnate hazard zone.  That would be pretty sweet IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Excraft said:

Someone made a suggestion a while back to repurpose the old Galaxy City map into a new incarnate hazard zone.  That would be pretty sweet IMO.

Wow, that really would be sweet as hell! I would love to see that happen.