Sentinel's epic powers need serious love

Diantane

10 hours ago, ZacKing said:

I think there's quite a few forum regulars here who need to re-read what @GM Kaiju just posted above again.  

In fairness, Diantane has posted a LOT of new threads over the past several months complaining about X or Y or Z.
And in each case whenever the forum regulars have tried to help and make genuinely helpful suggestions or explain how things work... silence.
The thread goes cold and the advice is apparently ignored and never heeded.
Often a new thread pops up a few days later in a different subforum with a similar-sounding complaint.

One could assume some kind of attention span deficit thing, or a lack of understanding of how to check thread replies; but after a certain point the sheer volume of those nonsensical threads has resulted in the OP wearing a lot of people's patience extremely thin; and ending up on a lot of ignore lists.
A few people have (somewhat understandably) apparently begun automatically downvoting them. As if that actually means anything.

Personally I'd still usually give them the benefit of the doubt. And indeed I've commented "helpfully" on many of the OP's threads without drawing attention to their behaviour. But it's rather difficult to explain the function of things to someone who has a completely different expectation of what they should be and who won't remain around to read your answer.

For the record, and to remain on topic:
As far as I'm aware, in CoH an "Epic Power Pool" doesn't mean a pool that contains epic overpowered abilities that turn you into a UltraSuperDuper character. It means that your character level needs to be in the uppermost tiers - the epic tiers (originally it was levels 41+) whenever you are granted access to that power pool.
Epic Power Pools were the original blueside option for this, and they contain powers that round out a character: so Ranged Archetypes will gain access to melee attacks and armor toggles. Melee Archetypes will get ranged attacks and control powers, etc.
Patron Power Pools are similar - these were originally redside-only and they follow the particular theme of the Arachnos patron that is associated with each pool. They typically have a similar array of rounding-out abilities based on your Archetype (and often also a temporary pet).
That's not to say that truly "Epic" powers don't exist in CoH; but they're different from Epic Power Pools. I believe what the OP is actually looking for here is Incarnate Abilities - however they'd first need to get to level 50 and then spend some time unlocking them.

Edited by Maelwys
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Diantane said:

This has never happened on this server so I have no 50's here.

Its been mentioned but you should try a character to 50 and beyond to have a chance to use incarnate abilities.  If you never checked it out click powers ingame and the top of the box says incarnate abilities.  Then click the create tab and look around.  Theres alot of stuff in there that can make your character epic but you have to be level 50 to use it.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Maelwys said:

In fairness, Diantane has posted a LOT of new threads over the past several months complaining about X or Y or Z

I understand all that.  Re-read it again.

22 hours ago, GM Kaiju said:

Calm it down please folks. If you disagree with someone, do so in a constructive way that adds to the conversation. If you don’t have something constructive to say, don’t post.

11 hours ago, Maelwys said:

Patron Power Pools are similar - these were originally redside-only and they follow the particular theme of the Arachnos patron that is associated with each pool. They typically have a similar array of rounding-out abilities based on your Archetype (and often also a temporary pet).

The patron pools were also designed to be grossly similar to each other within an archetype, the intention being -- since it was originally a one-and-done choice for a character, with no way to change the pool you'd picked -- that the choice would be made for thematic or character-concept reasons, rather than a FotM pick of the 'best' pool.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later
On 11/5/2021 at 4:38 AM, TheZag said:

Its been mentioned but you should try a character to 50 and beyond to have a chance to use incarnate abilities.  If you never checked it out click powers ingame and the top of the box says incarnate abilities.  Then click the create tab and look around.  Theres alot of stuff in there that can make your character epic but you have to be level 50 to use it.

Exactly, the actual "Epic"abilities are in the Incarnate system, the stuff you get from level 35, is more like Ancillary, Complementary to your initial power picks.

As a side note: I love the Laser Beam Eyes on my Brute. Feels very Kryptonian and it is really useful to have some low cooldown ranged attack.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png