Can We Stop Dogpiling, Please?

It should be said that some of the people - if not most/all - that the thread was made to tell 'stop it' will not read this thread or will think its not about them / will ignore the message.

• Haha 3

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

4 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

It should be said that some of the people - if not most/all - that the thread was made to tell 'stop it' will not read this thread or will think its not about them / will ignore the message.

I had to read it a couple times before (i think?) it is not about me.  But it is still early morning and the caffeine has not fully cut the fog of war yet

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

If a particular poster annoys you, please consider using the Ignore feature.

I really don't like advocating for this . . . but between that and having to see posts of -pointless- aggression targeting a single individual poster over trivial banality . . . I'm afraid I have to promote the Ignore option.

Life is too short not to use the ignore button in some cases.

I perhaps use it to liberally, but I don't have to deal with people that I feel are behaving badly.

9 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I refuse to believe that people can be trolls. I simply think that some people truly are just that stupid.  😄

First time I went to a chat room on netscape about work related business with colleagues, one guy immediately jumped to the keyboard and begin typing in the most obnoxious stuff possible to annoy everyone else intentionally and then got into a word battle with them... on the company account.

Yes. Trolls do exist.

The guy was giggling happily as he was  intentionally annoying other people ... on the company account.

The guy is pretty much a jerk in real life as well.

Other people were laughing along with him because we as an alpha bully type.

I'm just sitting there thinking how bad it was making the company look but not being out number in the situation.

Oddly enough (or is that "obviously for good reason"?), the company held no more group access to the internet with the company account to discuss business related ideas with people in the same field.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Where is it documented that our average age is 40-70? 70?! Really? 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

52 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I had to read it a couple times before (i think?) it is not about me.  But it is still early morning and the caffeine has not fully cut the fog of war yet

Im pretty sure its not about you.  You deliver the snark but not in a mean way.

• Haha 1

Whenever VT starts wagging disapproving tentacles at people, I pretty much automatically assume that I'm one of the troublemakers. 'Goes way back to the early days of the RP chat channel. 😆

Also... Eyeing that buffet, I find myself wondering what in the world those little round things on the left... the ones with the fluffy tops,,, are.

Call it my culinary Need-To-Know. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Oh yeah there was a thread awhile back that was age related. I found out me being 50 wasn't sh!t compared to some folks.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Just now, Coyotedancer said:

There are a *lot* of us who are 40- or 50-somethings. 

Yeah, I was just shocked at some of the others who were higher than us. But, I think that age bracket is probably the bulk of the population. 

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, Aurora_Girl said:

I'm not aware of it being literally 'documented'.  However, back when the game was live someone did a study and it WAS documented that our average player age was around 35.  That was back around 2007.  So an average around here in the 45-50 range would seem likely.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

12 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

I'm not aware of it being literally 'documented'.  However, back when the game was live someone did a study and it WAS documented that our average player age was around 35.  That was back around 2007.  So an average around here in the 45-50 range would seem likely.

Woot! Finally, something I'm above average at!

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Snarky said:

My SG os mostly older.  A few older than me. There are a couple “young folks” including players who played on their parents acct on live and are now playing as adults

All three of my kids used to design characters sitting on my lap and now all of them have accounts of their own.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Sophronisba said:

All three of my kids used to design characters sitting on my lap and now all of them have accounts of their own.

This is awesome! My sister got me in to the game back in 2004, it's a real great gateway in to comic book and super hero movie culture for the young adults too, with parents permission of course. Heck I even create characters with my wife sometimes. Good times!

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Like...I started in college and I'm now 36, I had no idea I'm such a youngin. Guess I'll limit my use of "ok, boomer" to avoid possible heart issues for y'all. 😏

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

I was very intentional for a good while about trying to give this poster the benefit of the doubt and plenty of encouragement, because it was abundantly obvious that a little game knowledge and experience is all they needed.

I also reached out privately via forum PM’s to offer in game help or teaming.

Really not my problem that they’ve pissed off a number of users whilst ignoring all my attempts to help. If the optics look like a dogpile, well it looks like that’s likely their own damn fault.

What we do know from experience thus far.. is that it’s now kind of a stretch to suggest this poster genuinely wants help.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Like...I started in college and I'm now 36, I had no idea I'm such a youngin. Guess I'll limit my use of "ok, boomer" to avoid possible heart issues for y'all. 😏

Actually it would be Gen X for the majority of us.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, The_Warpact said:

As an elder millennial, I can embrace this idea. 

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Yep... But pretty much everyone younger than us tends to forget that Gen X even exists. We're older than them, so "Oh look! Boomers!" 😝     

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice