Focused Feedback: Tasks

Ran the old-school challenge in the Ouroboros flashback version of LRSF. It was a nice change of pace!

That said, it really underscored some weaknesses of trying to run team content out of Ouro.

• Unlike TFs/SFs, entry into the zone isn't sufficient proof of being able to join the TF. Heroes can't join the LRSF, but they can enter Ouro.
  • Unlike TFs/SFs, the leader had to be rogue or villain - vigilantes can't start the flashback LRSF, even though they can start the normal one.
  • There's no way that I know of to check the team's faction contents once the team is assembled. I had to ask people verbally to confirm there were no heroes.
  • The contact let us start the LRSF even with a hero on the team. (I had asked, but someone didn't know...) We didn't get confirmation that there was a problem until one of the team couldn't enter Grandville.

I'm not sure what the best solution is, but I will say that if these problems were fixed I think a lot more people would run flashback missions as teams. There are a lot of interesting story arcs and people have run the existing TFs a bazillion times, so the variety would, I think, have innate appeal.

Here are some random, unfiltered thoughts off the top of my head:

• Add an indicator of faction in the team view
  • Add warning text when viewing arcs in the Crystal that the team's comp doesn't allow accomplishing a given arc
  • DIsallow starting an arc with the wrong team faction composition
  • Add a Null the Gull to Ouro so that people can simply switch on the spot if they need to

2 hours ago, KeepDistance said:

Ran the old-school challenge in the Ouroboros flashback version of LRSF. It was a nice change of pace!

That said, it really underscored some weaknesses of trying to run team content out of Ouro.

• Unlike TFs/SFs, entry into the zone isn't sufficient proof of being able to join the TF. Heroes can't join the LRSF, but they can enter Ouro.
  • Unlike TFs/SFs, the leader had to be rogue or villain - vigilantes can't start the flashback LRSF, even though they can start the normal one.
  • There's no way that I know of to check the team's faction contents once the team is assembled. I had to ask people verbally to confirm there were no heroes.
  • The contact let us start the LRSF even with a hero on the team. (I had asked, but someone didn't know...) We didn't get confirmation that there was a problem until one of the team couldn't enter Grandville.

I'm not sure what the best solution is, but I will say that if these problems were fixed I think a lot more people would run flashback missions as teams. There are a lot of interesting story arcs and people have run the existing TFs a bazillion times, so the variety would, I think, have innate appeal.

Here are some random, unfiltered thoughts off the top of my head:

• Add an indicator of faction in the team view
  • Add warning text when viewing arcs in the Crystal that the team's comp doesn't allow accomplishing a given arc
  • DIsallow starting an arc with the wrong team faction composition
  • Add a Null the Gull to Ouro so that people can simply switch on the spot if they need to

Player Alignment status is indicated in the tab of their info when you click on their names. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

14 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

Which tab is that? The "Alignment" tab that I see when I view myself isn't visible when I view other people.1091092081_ScreenShot2021-11-28at10_11_44PM.png.64f7235a7c6ce710c186eaa61132cf6b.png1956010912_ScreenShot2021-11-28at10_11_36PM.png.141bec742cc2d015a99eb91d101b9b2a.png

Someone has already pointed out the box at the top of the left screenshot that says "Display alignment and Statistics to Other Players". It does basically what it says it does.

So I guess if the whole team has checked that box, I as team lead can see alignments. I still think it's a pain, since the option is off by default (as far as I can tell).

Edited by KeepDistance

5 hours ago, KeepDistance said:

This brought me to mind yesterday as I made an alt and knew I was going to run a DFB or the same arcs I usually do. Not sure why we can't Ouro from level 1 if we can go to Ouro at level 1 and get the portal. Leveling the regular way outlevels contacts mid mission. It's -very- common to start the game, pick a contact, and two missions in we ge the 'I have nothing for you' because we lets its level range.

One of the features I like of Ouro is also the level stasis. I don't want to freeze XP because I'm literally leveling, but I go do a mission and level 2-3 times and I'm fight -1 or -2 enemies which is drab. Ouro prevents this.

Basically I would really like to just make a new alt, pick a contact from Ouro, run its full arc, then rinse and repeat. Instead of PL myself or run the same DFB-twice-because-a-single-run-of-DFB-leaves-me-at-level-7, Posi 1, Posi 2, route.

I suppose it is not a big deal since we can just faff around until 15, but it seems arbitrary.