Focused Feedback: Badges

On 11/5/2021 at 9:40 PM, Coyotedancer said:

Spiffy. I just know how rare they are otherwise... I don't see them very often at all with my PB.

Hi,

i did many Kheldian Arcs with my PB's and WS's, and honestly unless the boss was set as void i didnt even see one Void Hunter since i joined HC on 2019, i already thought they was completely removed like the shadow cyst crystals beside those in ITF ^^.

Edited by SuggestorK

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

50 minutes ago, Voltor said:

Try it set to +8 with solo bosses enabled and be either a Kheld or have one on the team,  you MIGHT get one then

Void Hunters was/are Lieuts class, so x1 should normally spawn those, chance with +8 would be way higher of course, but im not crazy enough to up the diff on any of my kheld chars, lol.

Teaming might be an idea, but at least on regular TFs there wasnt even one when i did those on my khelds or other khelds on Team. Quantums alot up to boss class, but Voids... are Void lol.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

The incarnate Minotaur/Cyclops in Sister Solaris' last mission apply to the defeat Cyclops and defeat minotaurs badge but not to the defeat incarnate cimeroran traitors badge.  Presuming this is WAI.

Defeating Romulus in that mission gives 1 tick of progress on the defeat incarnate cimeroran traitors badge.

So where might one find these incarnate traitors?  Street sweeping the L54 Cim's was fun but no badge progress. 

Checked ITF on standard and master badge settings,  no incarnate Cims. 

Are they going to be part of Sister Valeris missions once she offers missions?

• Thanks 1

25 alts with all the badges!

• Developer
On 11/14/2021 at 3:43 AM, SuggestorK said:

Void Hunters was/are Lieuts class, so x1 should normally spawn those, chance with +8 would be way higher of course, but im not crazy enough to up the diff on any of my kheld chars, lol.

I'm told there's an Alignment Tip mission that has nothing but Void Hunters in it as the mission's normal enemy group, which would be the instant-best way to get that badge, I need to go check which one that is though.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:20 AM, Voltor said:

Are they going to be part of Sister Valeris missions once she offers missions?

This is correct, we're hoping to have her arc out in January's Page 3 small Panel update which will have the Incarnate Traitors to fight; That being said, it is odd that the Incarnate Elite Bosses aren't counting, I'll check on that, I would think they should be granting credit too.

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

15 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

I'm told there's an Alignment Tip mission that has nothing but Void Hunters in it as the mission's normal enemy group, which would be the instant-best way to get that badge, I need to go check which one that is though.

This is correct, we're hoping to have her arc out in January's Page 3 small Panel update which will have the Incarnate Traitors to fight; That being said, it is odd that the Incarnate Elite Bosses aren't counting, I'll check on that, I would think they should be granting credit too.

Good to know.

Also there appears to be a possible bug with the Epidemiologist badge,  Cortex is crediting in Freaks Lab of Dr Vahzilok arc but does not credit in the Graveyard Shift.

Also which alignment mission had Void Hunters?

Edited by Voltor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Developer
7 minutes ago, Voltor said:

Cortex is crediting in Freaks Lab of Dr Vahzilok arc but does not credit in the Graveyard Shift.

Thanks! I'll check on that... It's either because that version doesn't have a credit tracker or because he 'vanishes and escapes' instead of dying it's not rewarding properly; We'll dig into it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Red side, best side!

1 hour ago, Voltor said:

Good to know.

Also there appears to be a possible bug with the Epidemiologist badge,  Cortex is crediting in Freaks Lab of Dr Vahzilok arc but does not credit in the Graveyard Shift.

Also which alignment mission had Void Hunters?

This may be the alignment mission being referred to:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Mission:Tip_-_Cloud_of_Odorous_Smoke

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

The three problems with voids:

1. They only spawn if there's a Kheldian in the group.
  2. They only spawn if the enemy faction doesn't have Quantums.
  3. They're a fairly rare spawn even at x8.

I've got some ideas where to look for them, but I'm half-resigned to rolling a peacebringer on my second account, grabbing the early mission that spawns a guaranteed Void Hunter, and dual-boxing it 100 times.

• Like 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

2 minutes ago, Placta said:

The three problems with voids:

1. They only spawn if there's a Kheldian in the group.
  2. They only spawn if the enemy faction doesn't have Quantums.
  3. They're a fairly rare spawn even at x8.

I've got some ideas where to look for them, but I'm half-resigned to rolling a peacebringer on my second account, grabbing the early mission that spawns a guaranteed Void Hunter, and dual-boxing it 100 times.

I checked that mission with one of my PB's.  I've always heard tales of a mission loaded with voids only but never saw it.   I think for this new badge that the spawn rate of the voids needs to be reevaluated.

Just now, Voltor said:

I checked that mission with one of my PB's.  I've always heard tales of a mission loaded with voids only but never saw it.   I think for this new badge that the spawn rate of the voids needs to be reevaluated.

It's not "loaded with voids." It's a single void. Sunstorm even warns you about it.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Just now, Placta said:

It's not "loaded with voids." It's a single void. Sunstorm even warns you about it.

No, that mission I do know of, and have it ready to use just in case.     I refer to rumors of another mission but never found it.

• Developer

For those who want Void Hunters packed to go... Grab the Cloud of Odorous Smoke tip mission and get the new badge in one or two clears at x8:
screenshot_211115-17-50-37.thumb.jpg.1c76dd5669c04f7a5650844e817a2cdf.jpg

Otherwise, there are a few in the Dr. Aeon Strike Force and more will be found in some future arcs that feature them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Red side, best side!

• Lead Game Master

As an addendum to the above, I'm fairly sure you have to choose the "Vigilante" option, as the Hero option will be against Council. But I'm not 100% sure, so, grain of salt and all that.

EDIT: Confirmed by @Voltor, who I unceremoniously ninja'd. My apologies 🙂

Edited by GM Impervium
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

4 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

For those who want Void Hunters packed to go... Grab the Cloud of Odorous Smoke tip mission and get the new badge in one or two clears at x8:

Otherwise, there are a few in the Dr. Aeon Strike Force and more will be found in some future arcs that feature them.

One minor detail: I got this mission and chose the hero version and got all council, then abandoned and changed to vigilante mode.  THEN I got all Voids!

A mission with all Voids.......my Peacebringers and warshades welcome the challenge!

EDIT: Mission tested on live as I was eager to begin blasting them, character then copied to test, defeats on live do not appear to be being tracked yet, but ran mission on test and the voids in here do count.   Mission verified!

Edited by Voltor
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

For those who want Void Hunters packed to go... Grab the Cloud of Odorous Smoke tip mission and get the new badge in one or two clears at x8:

Well this might work for Chars in that lvl range... but its not a lvl 45-50 tip mission so not avail to all in the long run... at that point.. why not expand the lvl Range of certain Tip (if the Villain Group fits Expandend range) or just add a few new Tips in further Pages 🙂

Edited by SuggestorK

Former Player on Server:

On 11/16/2021 at 11:31 AM, ZorkNemesis said:

Void Hunters also show up in a large group in one of Daedalus' missions if I recall.  You get ambushed by a Nictus and he's got a group of Void Hunters with him in one of the missions.

This.

This is the one you want for the Call of the Void Badge.

The Story Arc is Stolen Power; level 50 Blueside Ouro.

Mission 1: Find the glowy. Might need to kill Arachnos leader as well, I did along the way.

Mission 2: Find Ghost Widow and have a chat about politics. Click the glowy after.

Mission 3: Set to -1/8 and click the glowy. In 5/5 missions it was in the westmost room, and went like this:

SOUND WARNING

Clear the ambush and logout to reset, repeat. It's a kill-all so you won't trigger an accidental mission complete.