Focused Feedback: Badges

14 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

It may be absurd for the reasons you've articulated, but it's the stance of the folks running the game. I'm okay with it either way, same as you - but I also know if that's how the HC Team wants it, that's how it's gonna be. 

It's consistently inconsistent

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Developer
16 hours ago, RubyRed said:

So, just so I get this right... in a situation where:

a) I can TUNNEL to Night Ward to get access to Midnight Club on Primal Earth (for some reason)

b) Queue into ITF to insta-teleport to Cimerora

c) Every hero/villain has access to LRT as a power even if it makes no sense for their character

"You can't teleport to Cimerora because in-world consistency" is suddenly a thing?

A. Late Going Rogue era writing detail consistency is a very low bar to hold ourselves to, I think we can do better moving forward. 😉
B. This is entirely an out-of-character system thing... Are you requesting "please remove LFG contact teleports"? I can read it that way if you'd like... 😛
C. Every character also had access to a system that teleports them to a hospital so they can't die in 2004, why are other destinations so hard to believe as the technology improved?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

On 11/20/2021 at 9:35 AM, Cobalt Arachne said:

If you're going to Cimerora it's not 'teleporting' at that point anymore, it's 'time traveling'.

Completely understandable.

Is there any chance we could get a time machine, or time portal, or something for bases that will allow us to attach Cimerora and echo zone beacons to it then?

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

12 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Is there any chance we could get a time machine, or time portal, or something for bases that will allow us to attach Cimerora and echo zone beacons to it then?

Consider how Mender Silo feels about the Midnighters creating their own Crystal of Ice and Flame to access Cimerora.  He is not pleased.

You wouldn't Mender Silo to feel that way about you, would you?  If you install a time machine, or time portal, or something for bases that will allow you to access Cimerora or Echo Zones.

Wouldn't want Mender Silo becoming someone's....Nemesis, would we? 🙂

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Jacke said:

Yeah well, considering that he hasn't been able to do anything to stop the Midnighters from running around time unchecked I'm not exactly worried about him getting angry with me.

I know, I wouldn't like him when he's angry, eight? But I've got a secret. I've never liked him.

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I know, I wouldn't like him when he's angry, eight? But I've got a secret. I've never liked him.

Mender Silos: Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Me: I don't like you NOW.

• Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

21 hours ago, Jacke said:

You wouldn't Mender Silo to feel that way about you, would you?  If you install a time machine, or time portal, or something for bases that will allow you to access Cimerora or Echo Zones.

We can get a Pillar of Ice and Flame, an Echo Transporter doesn't seem like a big ask.

(I personally disagree with removing the echo beacons, but it's done and unlikely to change.)

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

On 11/20/2021 at 6:35 PM, Cobalt Arachne said:

Intentional.

If you're going to Cimerora it's not 'teleporting' at that point anymore, it's 'time traveling'. This is the same reason why the base beacons for the Echo zones were removed, as it doesn't make sense for teleporters to inexplicably have time travel capabilities, so these zones were restricted to their Ouroboros-related entry methods as canonically they're the only accessible method players have to time travel.

Since Dream Doctor told us that dreamspace can be used for time travel, does that mean if we keep dreaming of being able to teleport to these zones, we'll eventually be able to? 😁

Has anyone else had issues with the 'Alpha Not Omega' badge? I keep running Story Arcs in Oros with the 'Only Alpha' selected... but nothing. Haven't gotten it yet. Is there specific arcs I should be running? I've done a few that are listed as 'Story Arcs' on the Homecoming wiki.

22 minutes ago, BBBadger said:

Has anyone else had issues with the 'Alpha Not Omega' badge? I keep running Story Arcs in Oros with the 'Only Alpha' selected... but nothing. Haven't gotten it yet. Is there specific arcs I should be running? I've done a few that are listed as 'Story Arcs' on the Homecoming wiki.

Yeah. I just ran an arc with 2 friends and didn't get it (ran Sister Solaris' arc for the Minotaurs and Cyclopes).
What gives, devs?

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! 

Bug (or just correction?): The progress bar for Master of Aeon Strike Force under "closest to completion" section of badge list currently has the badge description text of the Best Friends Forever badge.

I know it was not a progress bar for Best Friends Forever because I already had that badge when I noticed this issue; apologies, I can't take a screenshot because since deciding to report, I obtained the Master of badge.

Probably a stupid question here, but will those new defeat badges retroactively be doled out, or will I have to go re-defeat a hundred Minotaurs or whatever?

Slightly related dumb question, is Vidiot Maps going to be updating for the new exploration badges?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

24 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Slightly related dumb question, is Vidiot Maps going to be updating for the new exploration badges?

The updated vidiotmaps for Abandoned Sewer Network, Cap au Diable, and Cimerora were published this morning shortly after i27p3 was released.

• Thanks 1

• City Council
8 hours ago, BBBadger said:

So I figured it out. 3 merit award arcs don't count. I don't know why it wasn't stated more clearly but you need to do an arc that awards 5 merit awards. 

All the story arcs are getting their merit rewards revised when we're back from break, so this is only going to be annoying and painful during December. There's many arcs that reward no merits because they have an attached reward table (everything in Dark Astoria, the Incarnate arcs, the SSAs) and all those reward tables need to be found and modified. We just ran out of time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I have finished getting my 100 Cyclopes and 100 Minotaurs badge. But I just noticed I have a new badge progress bar that has the text "You have defeated 100 Minotaurs in Cimerora." It's at 2/4. So is this progress on some new Accolade that has the wrong text in it? Or is this some other random bug? It can't be the Minotaur badge that just hasn't caught up yet because it's 2/4, not 2/100 or 50/100. 

New information: That badge that's at 2/4 just changed its description. Now it says "Mangle 50 Gold Bricker Smelter bosses to earn this badge." But the actual progress bar for the Gold Bricker Smelters is right above it and is currently at 32/50. So something definitely weird.

Now it has the text for the last badge I got again. "Master of the Prisoners of Eden" but it's still showing 2/4.

Edited by Wingman
More information

6 hours ago, Wingman said:

So I have finished getting my 100 Cyclopes and 100 Minotaurs badge. But I just noticed I have a new badge progress bar that has the text "You have defeated 100 Minotaurs in Cimerora." It's at 2/4. So is this progress on some new Accolade that has the wrong text in it? Or is this some other random bug? It can't be the Minotaur badge that just hasn't caught up yet because it's 2/4, not 2/100 or 50/100. 

New information: That badge that's at 2/4 just changed its description. Now it says "Mangle 50 Gold Bricker Smelter bosses to earn this badge." But the actual progress bar for the Gold Bricker Smelters is right above it and is currently at 32/50. So something definitely weird.

Now it has the text for the last badge I got again. "Master of the Prisoners of Eden" but it's still showing 2/4.

Sounds like the progress bar is for Master of ASF but the description is bugged.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

• City Council
10 hours ago, Wingman said:

That is very strange, what is your character name and server? I need to pull it from the database to see if I can reproduce this behavior.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Faultline said:

That is very strange, what is your character name and server? I need to pull it from the database to see if I can reproduce this behavior.

It's happening on Billy Mailman on Excelsior, I actually reported this separately on the bug reports forum yesterday. Everything I can see, is that it's the badge progress for MoDASF.

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:58 PM, Glacier Peak said:
  Hide contents

Abandon Sewers now have spawns that may contain story signature enemies (found in the Freakish Lab of Dr. Vahzilok story arc). Defeat them all and you get the badge. 

This whole arc is completely bugged for me, the 3rd mission, I have to find a way to glitch the lab door open. I have to run away from buzz once I get to the lab and then she kills Pierce, then the lab opens and the mission never completes.. I'm just stuck sitting here with everything dead, glowie is clicked, the nav bar just continues to say "Get your friends to the lab"... Don't know what else to do, I've gotten here 4 times (reset through Oro) and can never complete this mission...

Edited by TCSxDivine