Focused Feedback: Badges

10 hours ago, Faultline said:

That is very strange, what is your character name and server? I need to pull it from the database to see if I can reproduce this behavior.

Queen of Swords, Everlasting. Since yesterday, I have deduced that this is the progress bar for the "Master of Dr. Aeon Task Force" badge. But the the text in it keeps changing. Sometimes it's from the last badge I received. Sometimes it's from the badge with the most progress.

25 minutes ago, TCSxDivine said:

This whole arc is completely bugged for me, the 3rd mission, I have to find a way to glitch the lab door open. I have to run away from buzz once I get to the lab and then she kills Pierce, then the lab opens and the mission never completes.. I'm just stuck sitting here with everything dead, glowie is clicked, the nav bar just continues to say "Get your friends to the lab"... Don't know what else to do, I've gotten here 4 times (reset through Oro) and can never complete this mission...

Click above, mission bugged.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 11/27/2021 at 2:58 AM, Faultline said:

We just ran out of time.

I don't understand this. There was no law or rule that I knew of that stated the patch must hit the servers by the Friday after Thanksgiving. You could have easily taken until January or March, even. Or even the Summer. 
In fact, based on something I read on the discord, I wasn't expecting any of this to hit until January. If you & the rest of the Dev team are feeling rushed for the benefit of the players - don't feel that way. Go slowly. No sense stressing yourselves. In my mind, there would have been a lot more perspectives added if you'd given it more time. Granted, you can't please all the people even some of the time, but I think it would have been better to wait. 

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

I don't understand this. There was no law or rule that I knew of that stated the patch must hit the servers by the Friday after Thanksgiving. You could have easily taken until January or March, even. Or even the Summer. 
In fact, based on something I read on the discord, I wasn't expecting any of this to hit until January. If you & the rest of the Dev team are feeling rushed for the benefit of the players - don't feel that way. Go slowly. No sense stressing yourselves. In my mind, there would have been a lot more perspectives added if you'd given it more time. Granted, you can't please all the people even some of the time, but I think it would have been better to wait. 

This is odd feedback considering THE DEVELOPER of this content provided reason enough. Maybe you're just not privy to all the things that go on behind the scene or maybe they've been working on this for a year now and wanted to share it with the community. This is speculation of course that is entirely irrelevant considering the team will do what they gonna do based on their own machinations. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

7 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

This is odd feedback considering THE DEVELOPER of this content provided reason enough. Maybe you're just not privy to all the things that go on behind the scene or maybe they've been working on this for a year now and wanted to share it with the community. This is speculation of course that is entirely irrelevant considering the team will do what they gonna do based on their own machinations. 

Doesn't seem odd to me. "Running out of time" suggests a deadline. Self-imposed? How would any of us know? You're right, they're gonna do what they wanna do. 

But - when those with responsibility make decisions by themselves for everyone, they will eventually find themselves by themselves. Many counsels assure victory. When in doubt - do nothing, until you have more information. There must be a half dozen other platitudes I could use. I'm just sayin', no need to rush on the players' behalf. There is no need to squeeze things into a deadline, as far as I know. 

The world keeps spinning either way. 

I, for one, am glad the devs dropped Page 3 over the Thanksgiving break instead of waiting.  The fact that some flashback missions don’t count for challenge badges at the moment doesn’t seem game-breaking.  Meanwhile, we have a ton of great new content to play during a time of year when more players have time to enjoy it.

One question about how the updates reward tables will affect the challenge badges: will it be enough that the table contains at least 5 merits as an option, or will the player need to choose reward merits to get the challenge badge?