General Feedback: Issue 27, Page 3

On 11/17/2021 at 7:56 PM, Wavicle said:

well, nominally more attractive.

For me not more attractive at all. If I was going to use them it would be on low level characters. Not level 50s that are fully kitted out.

This change is kinda weird. A 50 who can easily make inf can just transfer the inf to their toon. 2.5 mil is nothing.

If the point was to make it more expensive to use them, 2.5 mil ain't it. That's really not an inf sink when I can make 70-80 mill off the market in one setting.

For a NEW new player they would never even know about these . . .

Yeah not getting what this change is targetting.

Edited by golstat2003

On 11/17/2021 at 8:37 PM, Wavicle said:

This is a ridiculous argument. You can't hold 120 inspirations, and if you tell me you can in your email then I'm going to tell you that's an exploit that should probably be fixed.

I'm all for it.

Would say holding them on the ah is an exploit also? Cause you can just pull them from the /ah between missions. Just saying.

5 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

For me not more attractive at all. If I was going to use them it would be on low level characters. Not level 50s that are fully kitted out.

This change is kinda weird. A 50 who can easily make inf can just transfer the inf to their toon. 2.5 mil is nothing.

If the point was to make it more expensive to use them, 2.5 mil ain't it. That's really not an inf sink when I can make 70-80 mill off the market in one setting.

For a NEW new player they would never even know about these . . .

Yeah not getting what this change is targetting.

It was the balancing of risk versus reward that was being targeted. That being said, I am confident the HC team has observed the feedback from the folks who tested or at least opined this change. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Just now, Glacier Peak said:

It was the balancing of risk versus reward that was being targeted. That being said, I am confident the HC team has observed the feedback from the folks who tested or at least opined this change. 

I would . . . just not make them pausable. Why is that even needed for these if they are considered that over powering?

Edited by golstat2003
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, golstat2003 said:

I would . . . just not make them pausable. Why is that even needed for these?

Because they were being tested on the second build of Page 3, Issue 27 on the beta shard. Remember, these temporary powers are subject to change as they were introduced, that is why testing and feedback is important. So this may occur by rolling back the changes in the next build based on the feedback from the community.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

9 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Because they were being tested on the second build of Page 3, Issue 27 on the beta shard. Remember, these temporary powers are subject to change as they were introduced, that is why testing and feedback is important. So this may occur by rolling back the changes in the next build based on the feedback from the community.

Great then my ultimate feedback is don't make amplifiers pausable.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, golstat2003 said:

I would agree with this feedback.  You can't pause the 90 minute base empowerment temp powers.  You can't pause inspirations.  I'm not sure why the amplifiers need a pause option.  Compared to the cost and benefit of inspirations and empowerment temp powers the amplifiers are not anything amazing.  But they are very convenient and very helpful in some circumstances.  

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I disagree with the changes to the P2W Amplifiers. In my opinion the costs should remain the same and neither they, nor any other power/temp power, should be able to be paused.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Mine is either that or if they do, keep the scaling but raise the scaling prices.   They will tend to last longer with them pausing so a price increase for everyone (not just under level 50's), seems appropriate.

If they are worried about lower levels "hoarding" them by buying cheap and then power leveling to 50, then reduce the amount of hours you can buy at a time.  Say from the 8 hours max it is now down to say 2 hours max. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/12/2021 at 7:31 PM, WindDemon21 said:

Don't suppose an option could be worked on team window buffs to display "only buffs you give the team" as to avoid buff spam across the screen on buffers like ff/sonic/thermal/emp? Also an option to show/remove toggle buffs versus click/expirable buffs.

This already exists.

Try out these two.  The first one helps.  The second one really helps.

All 3 numeric stacking, Group Window hide auto
/optionset buffsettings 1052944

All 3 numeric stacking, Group Window hide auto & hide toggles
/optionset buffsettings 1053456

Edited by Jacke

20 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I think someone would have to make a pretty compelling argument that the amplifiers are NEEDED for new characters. With the availability of Merits (and the ease of turning them into Inf) and the availability of SOs, I would guess that's a very difficult argument to make.

I don't think a single person here has argued they are "needed".  I've seen several people say they are "nice".

• Like 3

Also want to say I find it interesting that when people farm/powerlevel through the early levels in a couple hours that is argued by many:  

"that's their choice and they have the right to play the game the way they want!"  

Or, "the early level is boring/a slog/I've done it so many times.  I should be able to just get powerleveled through it, don't you dare nerf farming/powerleveling!"  

But an option to make the early game slightly easier (and at a cost) for people that don't just want to just powerlevel through in couple of hours,  And arguably, at least for some, make them less likely to just powerlevel through it.

"That's not needed and that's a balance issue!"

Not saying they are the same people making both arguments, just an interesting observation.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Riverdusk said:

Also want to say I find it interesting that when people farm/powerlevel through the early levels in a couple hours that is argued by many:  

"that's their choice and they have the right to play the game the way they want!"  

Or, "the early level is boring/a slog/I've done it so many times.  I should be able to just get powerleveled through it, don't you dare nerf farming/powerleveling!"  

But an option to make the early game slightly easier (and at a cost) for people that don't just want to just powerlevel through in couple of hours,  And arguably, at least for some, make them less likely to just powerlevel through it.

"That's not needed and that's a balance issue!"

Not saying they are the same people making both arguments, just an interesting observation.

Except it Wasn’t at a cost. It was basically free. Now it will be at a cost.

1 hour ago, Riverdusk said:

And I'd say the far bigger balance issue is that level 50's have access to it for so cheap, and this change actually makes that worse.

By all means increase that (level 50 cost) too then, if the scale up makes people feel better.

Edited by arcane
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't get the pearl-clutching over the amps.

The buffs are minor. I mean, sure, they can be nice to have on a lowbie who doesn't have a lot of other options... but they aren't an instant "I Win the World!"-button or anything. 2,5m is much more than they'd ever be worth in my opinion, at any level. And honestly, access to low-level SOs is a much, much bigger deal balance-wise than these things ever have been. If you want to grump about something making the early game easier? That's a much bigger target than anything a lowbie can get from an amplifier. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice