Jump to content

General Feedback: Issue 27, Page 3


The Curator
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

 

Comparing it to other sets it's pretty easy to see why this is not going to happen.

Devices gets a toggle with +ToHit but it does not get Build Up.
Tactical Arrow gets a toggle with +Acc and gets Upshot.

 

I believe the power is correctly designed as is.

Yeah i'm not expecting a change, just a wish lol. I think targetting drone spoils you XD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The new strike force and using it to introduce harder gameplay is a fabulous idea.  It gives Villain's a quality event to do on that side being 35-50 and starts the needle moving toward more impactful things to do.  

 

Although.  Blasters are always winning, like every release.  It is a little vexing easily overlooked with the new SF and some highly requested costume pieces.  I was hoping we would get access to those seer robes, Widow's flowing hair and Des' boots, and maybe throw a few bones for the guys.  If we're adding iconic pieces like Aeon's gloves, which he's gonna be mighty pissed when everyone shows up wearing to his fancy new shindig by the way, I'm hoping these are on the radar.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WindDemon21 said:

Sleep [Focused Feedback: Sleep and Placate]

Player sleep powers are now Auto Hit. This only impacts powers that have a 100% chance for sleep and are not Sleep over Time. This change impacts all player versions of the following powers (unless noted otherwise) :

 

 Doesn't this make all Sleep IO sets partly useless / less valuable (or in need of an imminent re-work)? I just checked, and every one, even the purple set, has at least one enhancement with an Accuracy bonus.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
10 minutes ago, BetaRay said:

Doesn't this make all Sleep IO sets partly useless / less valuable (or in need of an imminent re-work)? I just checked, and every one, even the purple set, has at least one enhancement with an Accuracy bonus.

 

Only the sleep component in these powers is Auto-Hit. Any secondary effect, damage or debuff, still requires a hit check.

  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

image.png.00c89ac9fad5b0debc5181ec3fb5b0c1.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Retired Developer
15 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Although.  Blasters are always winning, like every release. 

 

Advanced Difficulty should make it a bit harder for blasters to just win, even though that's not the point of your comment. 😄

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

 

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

 


Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Related to base design additions:

 

Will we be able to place ceiling items in bases clipped above/below the default base area? For example; while creating an outdoor base I've built a mansion but was unable to place chandeliers. Those and other similar ceiling items would only attach to ceilings at the default level. This is, of course, for there being no actual ceilings outside of the default area. Ceilings have to be created by changing positions of other objects which do not count as ceilings. I'd love to be able to place ceiling items in areas outside of the default base level.

 

Another thought is lighting. Many of the lighting objects do not provide light. Will they now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Piecemeal said:

 

Advanced Difficulty should make it a bit harder for blasters to just win, even though that's not the point of your comment. 😄

 

Yeah it's more that I was hoping for an additional shiny like blasters always get.  Heck I'd even be willing to share those fancy robes with blasters for yet even more winning.  😜

 

Can't wait to give a go at your new story and I'll be sure to set a few tomatoes aside for Cobalt if there's any parts I don't like.  

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Retired Developer
11 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

 

Yeah it's more that I was hoping for an additional shiny like blasters always get.  Heck I'd even be willing to share those fancy robes with blasters for yet even more winning.  😜

 

Can't wait to give a go at your new story and I'll be sure to set a few tomatoes aside for Cobalt if there's any parts I don't like.  

 

I'll give @Cobalt Arachne all the story credit. The mid-TF slam-jam that happens in the ripples, though, that's all me. And during the concept phase, I steered him towards the overall plot concept, but he did ALL the detail work.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

 

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

 


Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, underfyre said:

Based on numbers alone I can say Seismic will put out lower ST damage than Archery, the former lowest damage set on a Corruptor. I wanted to be excited.

 

 

Hey, so where exactly are you getting these numbers for the new power sets? There's nothing listed in the main Patch Notes post or the focused feedback thread. Have you done any testing yet, or is this some kinda hunch? Edit: thanks for explaining in your reply

Edited by archaelia
Clarity/updated info

@archaelia - Torchbearer :: Archaelia | Pure Starlight | Pure Sunlight | Hyperline | Skittles | Wyndra | Stellagirl | Cilatra | Trance Gemini | Cyan Essence | Voidweaver | Zael | Multiplicate | Back Alley Princess | Clanket | thiccuracy | Galaxy Gem || Infinite Rose | Nightflower | Hot Sands | Jetfuel | Pyra En Pure | LFO | Plasmahead | Perpetual Victory | Ice Chest | Internal Locus | Wieldress | Jordan Prime | Danger Dancer | Mewbs | doge protecc | Officer Bouncy | PPD Parks Ranger | FDPC Cryoforce | Black Silver | Vanguard Viper | Arrowdyne | Adam Adrenaline | Violet Velocity | Hypervoltage :.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wavicle said:

Ingame on beta

Something tells me they haven't done any testing yet. Specifically the wording used. ("*will* put out less")

  • Like 1

@archaelia - Torchbearer :: Archaelia | Pure Starlight | Pure Sunlight | Hyperline | Skittles | Wyndra | Stellagirl | Cilatra | Trance Gemini | Cyan Essence | Voidweaver | Zael | Multiplicate | Back Alley Princess | Clanket | thiccuracy | Galaxy Gem || Infinite Rose | Nightflower | Hot Sands | Jetfuel | Pyra En Pure | LFO | Plasmahead | Perpetual Victory | Ice Chest | Internal Locus | Wieldress | Jordan Prime | Danger Dancer | Mewbs | doge protecc | Officer Bouncy | PPD Parks Ranger | FDPC Cryoforce | Black Silver | Vanguard Viper | Arrowdyne | Adam Adrenaline | Violet Velocity | Hypervoltage :.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
2 hours ago, Arisara said:

I'd love to be able to place ceiling items in areas outside of the default base level.

 

If you switch to surface mode (F5) you can snap ceiling-defaulted objects wherever you'd like. If you don't have a fake ceiling made to snap to, you can also use other modes with rotation (such as Floor) to get it to do what you want.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I posted on Discord and other threads, really amazing job HC team. I'm really impressed!

 

I will post more focused feedback in the other threads, but one bit of general feedback is I would love to see more attention given to the control and support sets. There has been amazing feedback in the past given by the community on these sets, such as Mind Control, Ice Control, Empathy, Force Fields, etc. which could really make those sets more fun and interesting to play. 

Also any sneak preview as to what is happening with the MM changes in the pipeline would be great 🙂

  • Like 4

Often posting from my phone; please excuse any typos!

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple of things....why do Blasters/Corrs/Defenders get all the new shiny toys?  Being a Controller/Dom is rough with no new control set in a LONG time.

 

Also I am curious as to why the Female body is able to get the Metal 2 costume part that the Male has?  Can't they be more shiny and chrome?

 

That being said this dos look like an awesome patch.  I really can't wait to ROCK out with the new blast set.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, archaelia said:

Something tells me they haven't done any testing yet. Specifically the wording used. ("*will* put out less")

 

I'd run a quick pylon test, but there's no instant incarnates right now. Without those I'm looking at 540 second runs. Just taking the character through a Dr. Aeon for now. We'll see.

 

Yes, numbers are pulled from beta in dropped in a spreadsheet. I have to use the "standard" snipe numbers for Tombstone since I don't have city of data to work from. I'm sure they're fine.

 

After playing the set through the new SF, I have to say I don't like the delay between the cast time of Meteor and the time until it hits. Nobody has parsed the new data yet, so I can't say what the delay time is, but I can say if it's going to be that long the cast time needs to be shortened. 

Edited by underfyre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, this is an incredible amount of great changes.

 

5 hours ago, The Curator said:

Shivans

  • Fixed erroneous name of Shivan lieutenants from 'Shivan Smashers' to 'Shivan Smasher'.

 

 

About freaking time!

 

Please tell me that you've done this to the "Tac Ops Commanders" as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, underfyre said:

Based on numbers alone I can say Seismic will put out lower ST damage than Archery, the former lowest damage set on a Corruptor. I wanted to be excited.

God i hope not. Maybe a mislead or typo? If not I hope they fix it before live. I would imagine the tier 1 should be 1s standard damage, and the snipe would be the same, and the heavy hitter would be good like at least power burst or the like (hopefully 1.67s though not 2+)

Edited by WindDemon21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

God i hope not. Maybe a mislead or typo? If not I hope they fix it before live. I would imagine the tier 1 should be 1s standard damage, and the snipe would be the same, and the heavy hitter would be good like at least power burst or the like (hopefully 1.67s though not 2+)

 

Apparently there's more to the set than the main post lets on, but nothing I saw since I was Hoverblasting, which this set doesn't get along with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, underfyre said:

 

Apparently there's more to the set than the main post lets on, but nothing I saw since I was Hoverblasting, which this set doesn't get along with.

well nothing specifies you ahve to be on the gorund to use though i woudln't be surprized for some. Either way, hopefully they fix it, from what the patch notes read as sans values it should be good on both st and aoe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Short list of things that are NOT in the patch that I really wish were:

 

Force Field update

Empathy update

Regeneration update

Mastermind pets all being even level

Council update

Council Ascendant Shield animation fix

Jump Pack/Double Jump icon blinking fixes

Force Fields - yes, this set could use a 2nd revamp, but it is still stupidly strong for what it does - a single defender can softcap an entire team on just SOs if I recall.  I would welcome revisions.

 

Empathy is fine as is IMO - intentionally ignoring the arguments about debuffs over heals, the set is really not bad or in need of a rebalance.

 

Regeneration - oh hell yeah, this has become a meme at this point.  Anyone arguing against Regen needing retooling has got to be trolling - not that you can't make it work, but they are very aware and I've seen the devs and GMs make jokes about it as well.

 

Masterminds are slowly getting fixes which I am thankful for.  It's a lot of work.

 

Outside of that, I would vote Poison getting a revamp above Force Fields and even Sonic Resonance above Force Fields.  Super Strength's Rage issue is probably a hard problem to solve and might be the reason it hasn't been proliferated yet.

  • Like 2

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JayboH said:

Force Fields - yes, this set could use a 2nd revamp, but it is still stupidly strong for what it does - a single defender can softcap an entire team on just SOs if I recall.  I would welcome revisions.

 

Empathy is fine as is IMO - intentionally ignoring the arguments about debuffs over heals, the set is really not bad or in need of a rebalance.

 

Regeneration - oh hell yeah, this has become a meme at this point.  Anyone arguing against Regen needing retooling has got to be trolling - not that you can't make it work, but they are very aware and I've seen the devs and GMs make jokes about it as well.

 

Masterminds are slowly getting fixes which I am thankful for.  It's a lot of work.

 

Outside of that, I would vote Poison getting a revamp above Force Fields and even Sonic Resonance above Force Fields.  Super Strength's Rage issue is probably a hard problem to solve and might be the reason it hasn't been proliferated yet.

 

I forgot Mercenaries specifically. They aren't the only MM that needs help, but they need it the most.

 

and I still think Sentinels need a bit of a boost, but I'm not sure how much.

Edited by Wavicle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...