Jump to content

General Feedback: Issue 27, Page 3


The Curator
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Wavicle said:

 

and I forgot Mercenaries specifically. They aren't the only MM that needs help, but they need it the most.

I think it's been mentioned that Mercenaries might be the worst powerset in the entire game.

 

I keep going back to that quote stating that if Mercs had their damage doubled they would still only be in the middle of the pack.  That's crazy.

  • Sad 1

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JayboH said:

I think it's been mentioned that Mercenaries might be the worst powerset in the entire game.

 

I keep going back to that quote stating that if Mercs had their damage doubled they would still only be in the middle of the pack.  That's crazy.

 

I wonder if there's a simple fix possible: Add a substantial Damage buff to Serum, make Serum affect all your Henchmen at once, and lower Serum's recharge?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

 

I wonder if there's a simple fix possible: Add a substantial Damage buff to Serum, make Serum affect all your Henchmen at once, and lower Serum's recharge?

...although that would still make them substantially worse than any other set before Serum

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JayboH said:

Super Strength's Rage issue is probably a hard problem to solve and might be the reason it hasn't been proliferated yet.

It's really not hard at all though. Just make it non-stackable (like group invis does) and then remove the -defense from the crash. Problem solved. That and swap jab and punch for tankers so they can skip jab. And swap knockout blow for foot stomp to get aoe earlier.

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WindDemon21 said:

It's really not hard at all though. Just make it non-stackable (like group invis does) and then remove the -defense from the crash. Problem solved. That and swap jab and punch for tankers so they can skip jab. And swap knockout blow for foot stomp to get aoe earlier.

Give 👏 Hand 👏 Clap 👏 Damage 👏 

 

👏 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WindDemon21 said:

It's really not hard at all though. Just make it non-stackable (like group invis does) and then remove the -defense from the crash. Problem solved. That and swap jab and punch for tankers so they can skip jab. And swap knockout blow for foot stomp to get aoe earlier.

Hahaha I think we generated 15 pages of Rage-rage at the mere mention of non-stacking.

 

I would love it, but the village will burn us.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for the LRSF and the additional stuff with it, I'll stop making posts about it now i promise

 

❤️

 

If it's un-nerfed outside of the challenge mode, which i was told it is on discord, it might be important to mention they're 54 on that difficulty outside of the challenge.

Edited by Super Atom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

It's really not hard at all though. Just make it non-stackable (like group invis does) and then remove the -defense from the crash. Problem solved. That and swap jab and punch for tankers so they can skip jab. And swap knockout blow for foot stomp to get aoe earlier.

 

2 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Give 👏 Hand 👏 Clap 👏 Damage 👏 

 

👏

 

You can't just say brave and true things like this.

 

The new difficulty options shine a massive spot light on Rage in specific. The crash is a death sentence in the higher modes. Hopefully this will encourage addressing the hot issue that is the current state of Super Strength faster.

Edited by Super Atom
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for the Electrical blast changes, that's awesome. My main on homecoming is a poison/elec defender that I love despite elec blast's short comings, which there are many at the moment. Looking forward to the new voltaic sentinel, the shocked mechanic, and the tesla jumping.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to agree on upthrust and meteor, esp upthrust, seems too slow for the actual hit to the mobs. Meteor some too but it's a nuke so less of an issue. But otherwise the rest seems really solid! Would be awesome if that could roll out asap so i could play on live 😛 Got a sweet seismic/plant build that meshes awesomely!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

I'm going to agree on upthrust and meteor, esp upthrust, seems too slow for the actual hit to the mobs. Meteor some too but it's a nuke so less of an issue. But otherwise the rest seems really solid! Would be awesome if that could roll out asap so i could play on live 😛 Got a sweet seismic/plant build that meshes awesomely!

If it's slow, then procs should be strong in Upthrust.

 

Edit; By procs, I mean damage procs.

Edited by Chargestone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Chargestone said:

If it's slow, then procs should be strong in Upthrust.

 

Edit; By procs, I mean damage procs.

 

Procs aren't dependent on animation times.  They are dependent on internal recharge values of that specific power.  

 

As for Meteor it seems like they are making it a more action packed version of Archery's t9.  By the description it seems to be the same except for the knockback and the extra mechanic in the power set.  

 

So if there's complaint about it animating slow and doesn't get to blast as many people as you wanted then Archery would like to have a word.  

Edited by Mezmera
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

As for Meteor it seems like they are making it a more action packed version of Archery's t9.  By the description it seems to be the same except for the knockback and the extra mechanic in the power set.  

 

Seems like a mix of elements from Rain of Arrows and Nova.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mezmera said:

 

Procs aren't dependent on animation times.  They are dependent on internal recharge values of that specific power.  

 

As for Meteor it seems like they are making it a more action packed version of Archery's t9.  By the description it seems to be the same except for the knockback and the extra mechanic in the power set.  

 

So if there's complaint about it animating slow and doesn't get to blast as many people as you wanted then Archery would like to have a word.  

Sorry, I misunderstood him.

 

Anyway, I noticed it's faster the closer you are.

Edited by Chargestone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flamedevil said:

Hi I just returned to this forum after quite some time, so does that mean homecoming added new powers and content and missions in the meantime?

Yeah, well depending on when you were last here they've added a lot. This content is being tested before it goes to the live servers though. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Gravity Control's Propel will summon the same object on everyone's screen.

 

Fix a longstanding bug where missions would be launched with the wrong difficulty settings if the mission owner was not in the same zone as the door and another teammate entered it first.

 

1.0 x 10^6 thanks for these!

 

My 2nd or 3rd character from Live was a Grav controller, and was devastated to learn that his brilliant post-Propel quips (e.g. "Eat Buick, b*tch!") were making his teammates doubt his sanity, rather than making them laugh. Or, making them laugh at him rather than with him.

 

And for those of us using old-school shortcuts and new TP powers to be first to the mission (when character-appropriate, of course!) will no longer have to suffer the scorn of our teammates for clicking the door!

 

I sometimes fell for that temptation, and fulsome apologies did not make up for my teammates being forced to reset or log to fix my impulsive error. Thanks from me and my long-suffering teammates!

 

 

 

 

Edited by DoctorDitko
typo (sigh)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Chargestone said:

If it's slow, then procs should be strong in Upthrust.

 

Edit; By procs, I mean damage procs.

Also, slow as in how long it takes to REACH the target, not animation, or rech. And being a location based power, I'd imagine procs on meteor would suck too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...