General Feedback: Issue 27, Page 3

Don't suppose an option could be worked on team window buffs to display "only buffs you give the team" as to avoid buff spam across the screen on buffers like ff/sonic/thermal/emp? Also an option to show/remove toggle buffs versus click/expirable buffs.

Also random though, absorb pain swapped to toggle version like spirit ward only heal with a small aoe, or aoe ranged heal with more heal on the target? Kinda like a ranged version of the pain toggle.

Also hoping for an option, or did i miss it in options somewhere, to have a glow around your screens edge when near a glowie, for those that play with the sound off or are deaf.

Edited by WindDemon21

FINALLY a use for my fucking support characters in the 50+ level content! Holy crap I'm gonna make a controller or defender for the first time in years! My blasters might actually have to stay with the rest of the team!

Edited by Tubalcain

This seems like a lot of great stuff. Big thanks to the HC team for this. However, I will say that I'd prefer some of the other changes that myself, and others, keep asking for. Things like using AE to allow players to add simple missions to the actual game and become canon as well as systems like the Champions Online Nemesis system, sidekick pool and so on.

Anyway, I'm happy to see new content and this stuff does look good. It just seems kinda...the same...if that makes sense. This isn't meant to be a complaint as I'm happy to see new stuff but maybe the game isn't going in a the direction I was hoping for.

Again, many thanks to the HC team for this and all that you do!

Regarding Robots, If one of the protector bots will ever buff and target the owner only, then what about their healing abilities? Say if one of the bots get damaged how can they get healed?

Though the quality of life upgrade for shields is a nice touch it would seem to make them weaker with only one potential healer. Also the buff bot now cant get healed since the other bot is what attack only now? So the the bot crew would get healed 2 times slower.

Would like to get more clarification on this.

As much as I love new power sets, these extra difficulty settings are what have ME excited. The end game meta has been borked ever since the Incarnate system dropped. Between set bonuses and Incarnate powers you can easily create a damage god that can run x4 x8 content solo. And, while that's fun in the short term, it sucks out any impetus to play support. And that's most of the ATs! Your buffs and heals mean nothing when every member of your team could run this content solo. Numerous times I've been asked while playing dominators and controllers to STOP USING MY CONTROLS. Because the enemies aren't a threat. So my controls weren't protecting anyone. They were just slowing down the enemies from bunching up which made killing them slower. On all of my characters, attacks that have long animation times go almost completely unused because the fights go so damn fast my target is usually dead by the time the animation finishes. Same for attacks with slow DoT. Why the hell bother when the target will be dead LONG before most of the damage goes off?

1 hour ago, ... said:

Great stuff.

Though it's been said multiple times in the thread, it bears repeating: a balance pass or two for control primaries is sorely needed.

Please, hear this. 

Control Primaries

Mastermind Primaries

Dominator Secondaries

Basically anything that isn't a Blaster(Corr,Def)/Scrapper/Brute/Tanker please.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't know where else to put this...

I was poking around the new building around Dr. Aeon's new strike force.  The elevators behind him make the right sound, but the Arachnos style doors make a sound like I'm turning a doorknob and opening a wooden door.  This goes for the Arachnos style doors in the lobby of that building too, on the way up to the level where Dr. Aeon is.

I don't know where the proper sound is, but if you go to Mercy and take the elevator lift to/from the ferry, it makes a good sound for Arachnos doors.  Maybe this sound could be used?

35 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

P2W Amplifiers

• Price no longer scales with level. The price is now set to 2.5M influence/hour.

This item was unexpected, by me at least.  What is the rationale for this change?

According to what I read on Discord, they're giving us the option to "pause" temp powers like these so that the timer isn't used up just by standing around, or playing content with temps disabled. Combined with how OP it is to max out on these at level 1 or 2 for only a few thousand inf (and then spend a couple hours getting PL'd) they decided to kick the price up to a standard one.

I could see increasing the scaling/setting the floor a bit higher, but just flat 2.5mil no matter what the level seems a bit harsh.  Also in a way increasing the price at low levels actually seems to me to affect power levelers less instead of those leveling up the "slow" way.  Having those boosts cheap in the early levels helped a lot with all the alts I like to roll and actually play the content with. 

Guess I get to spend more time playing the market instead.

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 10:30 AM, Tacheyon said:

Control Primaries

Mastermind Primaries

Dominator Secondaries

Basically anything that isn't a Blaster(Corr,Def)/Scrapper/Brute/Tanker please.

You also forgot about fixing dom mode on doms (ie perma toggle mag 1 increase/duration/mez protection increase that changes to recovery/regen similar to blaster sustains to eliminate the *need* for permadom and creating a smoother leveling experience and need to super boost rech in the build and help handle the horrid end issues and lack of heal that most all doms have except psy assault obviously).

And of course sentinels but they are aware and looking at them later. Though initially for gods sake please up the cone attacks that are 6 targets back up to 10, that's the worst part about sentinels IMO cause a lot of the cones are based for crowd control too.

Khelds need looked at as well, but quick fix would be to at least give mez protection added to the resist toggles and allow them/other toggles to be used in the forms as well. And appropriate powers to be used in the forms as well like PB's heal/aoe stun powers usable in the forms, build up, etc.

Regarding trollers too which was mentioned would be neat to see their pets at level 1 like other servers have, and then that ST immobilize being changed to increase the recharge/damage and make it non-dot etc for a start.

2 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

P2W Amplifiers

• Price no longer scales with level. The price is now set to 2.5M influence/hour.

Absolutely hate this change. Why? Who asked for this? It's a great way for new folks on new toons to smooth out some of the rough edges as they get started. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

More importantly:

Can we please pretty please have "no weapon" options for Ice/Fire manip/melee/assault please please pretty please?!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Dynamic Geometry 

• Fixed a number of bugs and improved the geometry transitions used in Recluse's Victory.
    • Restore transition effects that have been broken since Issue 17.
    • Stipple fading effects now work inside water reflections.
    • Stipple fading effects now work with the cel shader.
    • Much smoother transitions (255 levels instead of 16).
    • Fixed an issue that caused some geometry to fade in or briefly show the wrong state when it first became visible after zoning; everything now starts out in the correct state.
  • Added a new alpha transparency fade mode for dynamic geometry, used in the Dr. Aeon SF.
  • Geometry that is hidden no longer casts shadows.
  • Geometry collision can now be dynamically controlled from scripts.
  • The following obsolete commands have been removed: /shadowvol, /nostencilshadows

Out of curiosity, what is meant by dynamic geometry?

• City Council
14 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Absolutely hate this change. Why? Who asked for this? It's a great way for new folks on new toons to smooth out some of the rough edges as they get started. 

It's either this or they keep ticking down while they're disabled, since their duration can now be extended a lot by using the self-disable powers. You can't keep them at the same price while at the same time being able to esentially toggle them off when out of combat.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

More importantly:

Can we please pretty please have "no weapon" options for Ice/Fire manip/melee/assault please please pretty please?!

And I want the opposite!

Gimme weapon options for all those sets that have punches and the like in them. I want Psi Melee to be all Psi Blade attacks and seriously wouldn't mind Fire/Ice/Stone and whatever others I'm forgetting to get similar options. Let the player choose whether they want bare hand or weapon options.

Please?

• Thanks 2

Hello, my name is Ynaught and I am an altaholic.

8 minutes ago, Faultline said:

It's either this or they keep ticking down while they're disabled, since their duration can now be extended a lot by using the self-disable powers. You can't keep them at the same price while at the same time being able to esentially toggle them off when out of combat.

Is the thought that players will use Only Affecting Self between every combat encounter? If so that seems...weird?