Add Merit Rewards to more Zone Events

Wavicle

I love that Merit Rewards mean that Giant Monsters get repeat attention from everyone.

I wish the same was true of the various zone events, Paladin, Steel Canyon Fires, Skyway Rave, Brickstown Prisoners, and more.

Just seems like those events don't get the attention they deserve.

• Like 2

Adding Merits to the reward drop-down for the Prisoner Event and the Family/Longbow Events could be a good place with minimal complexity for implementation.

The Paladins themselves give Merits, but the Construction Sites don't . . . but we also know that whole event is going to get rebuilt, so it's definitely on some form of radar.

Raves and Fires . . . I suppose tying the Merits to the Badges would be possible, but once a player has got those Merits on a given character; that's that.  At least there's a whole series of Badges related to fire-fighting, so plenty of opportunities for repeat visits.

And then, I also would like to see some Rave/Fire'esque events added to some Redside Zones to better balance things out.  But that's a discussion for another thread.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how many merits the fires or raves should be worth, even. I mean, sure, at level they can be tough, but they're also so low level that you speed past that even without getting PLd or using XP boosters. After which it's fairly trivial to do. (And in the case of the fires, potentially even more trivial, as some powersets don't even need to pick up the fire extinguisher backpack - and are far more efficient than using it to begin with.) If those had any merit reward, it would probably have to be so trivial people would end up not feeling it's worth it - they're certainly not GM-level events.

(The construction site would make sense to give 6 merits like a GM, since (a) you're fighting to keep one from being finished and (b) you're giving a fixed time up to stop it, and currently *by* stopping it you're ... screwing yourself out of 6 merits.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Given that every one of the Exploration Accolades are worth 5 Merits each, regardless of player level or risk involved, I think it would be marginally reasonable to make Raver and Dee Jay each worth 2 or 3 Merits (4, 5, or 6 total Merits), and Volunteer Firefighter, Firefighter, and Fire Chief also each worth 2 or 3 Merits (ranging from 6 to 9 total Merits).