Something kooky

Baldwin17

55 minutes ago, Baldwin17 said:

It seems that after playing the game for a bit, I went to check my emails and now my email tab won't stay open for more than a few second. I'm starting to wonder if dowloading this game was a mistake.

Are you talking about your in game email tab? Sorry, you aren’t being very clear. 

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

1 hour ago, Baldwin17 said:

It seems that after playing the game for a bit, I went to check my emails and now my email tab won't stay open for more than a few second. I'm starting to wonder if dowloading this game was a mistake.

If you are fearing the game is unsteady or somehow wonky in ways that affects system running, I really don't see that being a possibility.  The game's been back now for what two and a half years?  This would be the first I'm hearing of it. 

This is really being handled here better than a fly by night operation.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 hours ago, Baldwin17 said:

If you are talking about your "real world" emails I am not sure what your comp setting are.  I can assure you there is nothing this 17 year old game has done has modified your computer.

If you are talking about in game emails I got nothing.  I use mine in the basic setup everyday as a warehouse, kept busy.  But I have never altered a singlre setting on it.  Other than try to make the screens larger, to limited success.

Troubleshooting this kind of problem may involve needing to provide some detailed technical information about your situation to a GM, @Baldwin17.

I'd encourage you to select the Support button at the top of the forum page, and start a new ticket where a GM can hopefully walk you through troubleshooting as time allowed.

image.png.e385ca3fcb58504b9cb1ef1e082c05d7.png

Please just bear in mind that all GMs are entirely volunteer, and wait times may be extended right now since Homecoming is in the midst of doing a massive Beta for future content.

If you're comfortable with other players potentially seeing some of that technical information, you can continue to seek help in the public forums, though.

• Like 1

My guess is a stuck key. I use game email routinely, and the biggest headaches I've had are when certain items get clicked - but take several moments to actually appear. I get a message like "Claimed Item Failed. Another item is pending", or words to that effect. 

Logging off/on usually fixes it, or just waiting a minute. Sometimes the ferrets that power the servers need food. Or see something shiny and get distracted. 

There's always "Turn it off and on again." Yes, I know, cliche. But on the other hand, you're asked to do it because it's needed at times.

But, yes. The game's essentially a self contained little world, software wise. It doesn't interact with or even know about your email (or any other program, pretty much.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.