Dr Aeon TF, minus resist, Unstoppable

Snarky

I am always looking for another excuse to throw Unstoppable back on my Invul.  Hyperstrike has great wisdom when he says it is completely unncessary in the current game.  Sigh.

But the game changed and the dog is chasing the ball again!

In the relentless version of Dr Aeon I am (guessing?) I can use an old tactic to get through my Unstoppable crash.  (High Recharge Dark Melee/Invul Brute....Crash, use PBAoE End recovery power, Dull Pain, Siphon Life Siphon Life Siphon Life) 

The question becomes is it worth it?  Are they cutting through resistance so much that everything added from Unstoppable just melts and you are left with a crash?  Instead of a popsickle....just the stick and a wet hand.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, drbuzzard said:

Suppose you'll have to test, but resist does provide its own debuff resistance

Short of actually being hit with an unresistable resistance debuff, a Tanker/Brute with capped resistance can shrug off a whole LOT of debuffing.  Scroll down this thread for some interesting examples.

23 hours ago, ZemX said:

Short of actually being hit with an unresistable resistance debuff, a Tanker/Brute with capped resistance can shrug off a whole LOT of debuffing.  Scroll down this thread for some interesting examples.

Thanks for linking that article.  Pretty good to read the math and testing on it

Looks like the old adage is true "Resistance resists resistance-debuffs" and stacks linearly

Edit: Essentially, at 100% resistance you resist all resistance-debuffs of that damage type (unless it's "unresistable") because there is no cap to resisting resistance-debuffs unlike DDR which caps at 95%

Edited by Obus Form

but (for tanks and brutes) Resist is capped at 90%.  So we would have 90% max resist to the debuff.  Which would start to chip away, unless over cap...  In the hard mode Aeon no insp are allowed.  So that means using Rune of Protection or Unstoppable to shore up flagging resists (Invul has meh Energy resists....)  

Trying to strategize before heading into the meat grinder....

14 minutes ago, Snarky said:

but (for tanks and brutes) Resist is capped at 90%.  So we would have 90% max resist to the debuff.  Which would start to chip away, unless over cap...  In the hard mode Aeon no insp are allowed.  So that means using Rune of Protection or Unstoppable to shore up flagging resists (Invul has meh Energy resists....)  

Trying to strategize before heading into the meat grinder....

As per my tests today RDR doesn't appear to care about AT Resist caps. It will happily go over and apply. Details are in the Tank thread (why is there two threads on this?). My Stalker had 79.77 "RDR" even though the AT cap for Resist is 75. That's not to say there isn't some hardcoded RDR cap, just that its not the AT modifier. 

That said if they're flat out unresistable all going over the cap does is give you a bigger figure for the -Resist to be taken off. 

Edit : Which MOBs do the debuff? Maybe City of Data has their power listed. 

Edited by Carnifax