Scrapper ST DPS

BrandX

4 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

It's true. I silenced the not ready sound so that I could have gaps and not end up shoving pencils into my ears. Think the BZBs all have about .2 seconds between slash and followup.

My average is also 2:44 with Musc/Assault/Degen on my claws/sr. How are you slotting that chain? And is that on beta with stone armor or something else?

Superior Critical Strikes Follow > Hecatomb (all but DAMAGE IO, +5ed) and -Res Proc Slash > Apocalypse (all but DAMAGE IO, +5ed) and Smashing Damage Proc Focus > Armageddon (all but DAMAGE IO, +5ed) and -Res Proc Eviscerate

That had no gap, but I believe I had some lag bits in there (not as bad as I was getting with the 3 attacks tho).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

Superior Critical Strikes Follow > Hecatomb (all but DAMAGE IO, +5ed) and -Res Proc Slash > Apocalypse (all but DAMAGE IO, +5ed) and Smashing Damage Proc Focus > Armageddon (all but DAMAGE IO, +5ed) and -Res Proc Eviscerate

That had no gap, but I believe I had some lag bits in there (not as bad as I was getting with the 3 attacks tho).

I'd hope no gap. Eviscerate is a 5 minute animation.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BrandX said:

It doesn't feel like a long animation and it's a cool flip 🙂  2 1/2 seconds though is not that long 😛 

That's like 8 HOURS!!! 🙂 But it does have a higher than normal crit chance on scrappers. However, after some recent testing to see if I could get a chain with eviscerate that was better than what I was using, I found that the answer was no. After that retest, I'm forced to continue with my "no one should ever take eviscerate for any reason other than it looks cool to them" mindset.

• Haha 1

ST dps performance is 100% influence by content : resistance type and (what i call) secondary effect changes all :

• Resistance : based on your main damage type (or hybrid) and the choice you make in your rotation, you will have near 50% diference between 2 builds (or AT). In the ASF, it's even worse, some factions stack up to 60% resistance or even more ; where others main targets have monster weaknesses, allowing some damage type to outperform any heavily resist powersets.
  • Secondary effect : That how i call ability to maintain a ranged dps pressure, aoe, Soft cc as chain KD from Stone mélée, or even the -To hit of Dark or the -Def of Radiation. In The ASF, A claw scrapper with Moonbeam or Zapp will be able to get out of mélée (with a jaunt or Combat tp) maintain a strong dps and go all in when Aoe / puddles will be away.

To take again the exemple of Claws, let's say King Midas in relentless :

1623848715_midas.thumb.JPG.abb2a5f1303503437a46799158fc098b.JPG

Claws will allow you to maintain dps but has 60% resist, where an energy or fire scrapper will be 40% less resist.

So depending of how / where you want to perform, Some "low dps" powerset like Psi will carry a full team, not to mention when AV goes in negative resistance 🙂

Edited by Tsuko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

11 hours ago, BrandX said:

It doesn't feel like a long animation and it's a cool flip 🙂  2 1/2 seconds though is not that long 😛 

I think one of the genuine missteps in terms of design was having any animations over 2 seconds. You can balance powers around other things.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

17 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

I think one of the genuine missteps in terms of design was having any animations over 2 seconds. You can balance powers around other things.

I can't personally speak on that.  I do have to say, I have to like the animation.  For instance Energy Transfer's animation when it was changed to being to long was just so ugly, it made me hate the set.  Wasn't even the long animation time, it was just the animation I felt was so ugly.

20 hours ago, Tsuko said:

ST dps performance is 100% influence by content : resistance type and (what i call) secondary effect changes all

A criminally underrated opinion. This is why snipes are so incredibly good. Not only they give you an excellent DPA attack, it's also a ranged option that does one of the less resisted damage type.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, nihilii said:

A criminally underrated opinion. This is why snipes are so incredibly good. Not only they give you an excellent DPA attack, it's also a ranged option that does one of the less resisted damage type.

That's why just taking only time to kill in considération on a pylon is uselless,

The dps formula substract the 20% reisstance ircc

On 11/9/2021 at 6:59 PM, SomeGuy said:

The pylon thread has the breakdown you're looking for.

The ST difference with all those sets isn't noticeable (except for spines, don't do that for performance).

But everyone is saying Claws for a reason. It's crazy versatile.

image.thumb.png.ba824ddc484e25694f403a186b31490f.png

These are all ST performance times, but Claws greatly outpaces all of those in the AOE department. But in terms of ST performance times, Claws was noticeably consistent. The other sets were RNG as all get out. But the averages are all really close, so it could just be RNG giving one the nod over the other. I've had times as low as 1:06 with the EM. That one get's silly.

I am going to second Claws. 

I felt in love with Claws since 2007 , it was my first scrapper and my only scrapper for a while

The rate of fire and the fast recharge, the very light endurance cost, and the reliability and consistency is just impossible to let go off. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Voltak said:

I felt in love with Claws since 2007 , it was my first scrapper and my only scrapper for a while

The rate of fire and the fast recharge, the very light endurance cost, and the reliability and consistency is just impossible to let go off. 

What are some of your favorite secondaries to pair with Claws on a Scrapper?

15 hours ago, Voltak said:

Lethal is incredibly good in the ASF, in general.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, StriderIV said:

What are some of your favorite secondaries to pair with Claws on a Scrapper?

SR for max sexiness.

Bio for max damage.

Nrg for max recharge.

Inv for max toughness, I think, since claws can't use shield.

But really... thanks to all the short activations, and thanks to being so well rounded on mitigation through knock from focus and shockwave and being finely balanced between ST and AoE output, claws can go well with everything.

I did crank up a claws/stone on beta to max out and get some baselines and it looks pretty good. Not overpowered in any way that I saw, little extra damage from brimstone, and you'll need to be on your toes to use geode when the fit hits the shan. I'm not sure what I'll pair with it when it goes live since I already have enough claws goin, (but do I? can one have enough claws?) but I will have one. More than likely stone/stone or mace/stone.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

SR for max sexiness.

Bio for max damage.

Nrg for max recharge.

Inv for max toughness, I think, since claws can't use shield.

But really... thanks to all the short activations, and thanks to being so well rounded on mitigation through knock from focus and shockwave and being finely balanced between ST and AoE output, claws can go well with everything.

I did crank up a claws/stone on beta to max out and get some baselines and it looks pretty good. Not overpowered in any way that I saw, little extra damage from brimstone, and you'll need to be on your toes to use geode when the fit hits the shan. I'm not sure what I'll pair with it when it goes live since I already have enough claws goin, (but do I? can one have enough claws?) but I will have one. More than likely stone/stone or mace/stone.

Nice man! I might pair it with /Bio because hey, it’s a scrapper…. Might as well go full offense, right? Haha that being said, I feel like /Nrg could make it much tougher. /bio has the -regen for AV’s though, which is nice.

As for /SR…. some of your posts have made me REALLY want to run a /SR Tanker haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would add Claws/rad since it adds recharge and damage. I'm still working on a rad build to see how much I like it in the end though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 11/13/2021 at 5:52 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm pretty sure you'll wind up with Titan/Stone for a total change of pace from the speed of Claws, and use the humongous stone blade thing for theme.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

I'm pretty sure you'll wind up with Titan/Stone for a total change of pace from the speed of Claws, and use the humongous stone blade thing for theme.

... I think you may be right.

Edit: Ooorrrr.... psi/stone scrap. DAMN THE ALTISM!

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Haha 4

On 11/19/2021 at 3:55 AM, Gobbledygook said:

That's something I'd like to see. 

I haven't tried a Rad Armor toon since the powerset was first released. Was that live?

hehe ASF is on Brainstorm and it was in the "closed" beta.

Arachnos had not nasty confuse so Rad Armor scrappers could just melt the first mission.

Now, i dont think it doable, but, behind a tank, Rad armor Scrappers are some of the few DPS able to survive in relentless without missive buffs.

That's why i wrote "stay alive", not solo kill it 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/20/2021 at 6:07 PM, Tsuko said:

hehe ASF is on Brainstorm and it was in the "closed" beta.

Arachnos had not nasty confuse so Rad Armor scrappers could just melt the first mission.

Now, i dont think it doable, but, behind a tank, Rad armor Scrappers are some of the few DPS able to survive in relentless without missive buffs.

That's why i wrote "stay alive", not solo kill it 😉

Yeah, I played the ASF once it hit open beta, and it was certainly tough.

Rad is one of those armors that I'm interested in, yet have only played once. Same with Ice melee, it being an attack set though.

I've seen people mention here on the boards that rad can be as tough as /Inv, and /Inv is, IMHO, the best armor set.

9 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

Yeah, I played the ASF once it hit open beta, and it was certainly tough.

Rad is one of those armors that I'm interested in, yet have only played once. Same with Ice melee, it being an attack set though.

I've seen people mention here on the boards that rad can be as tough as /Inv, and /Inv is, IMHO, the best armor set.

I spent the last 4/5 months beta testing it, pushing this bad boy to his limits.

All tankers have their place to shine in this hell and none are the ultimate best choice : your team set up about buff / debuff will change all.

Knowledge of each mission and synergy are more important than pure stats.

Edited by Tsuko
  • Like 1