SCRAPPERS AND TAUNT

Lazarus

image.gif.c8cbdd3ab052e1e46beb4586b603b5d4.gif

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Scrappers get crit,  tanks get gauntlet,  brutes get fury.  There is a pool power that has an AoE taunt for everyone that wants it.  If we were giving them a portion of another ATs inherent then why stop at tanks?  Give scrappers 25% scourge,  10% domination,  15% defiance and some supremacy,  why not.

Alternatively,  a few of the armor sets have a taunt aura.  Bio armor has taunt aura on scrappers.  But i heard no new armors going forward will have taunt aura for scrappers so what they have is all they will get.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RCU7115 said:

Why not just give the tanks the scrapper damage and crits, lol.

OK to drop some EDUCATION on the other wise UNEDUCATED,.

the fallowing SCRAPPER secondary's already have a taunt aura of 300%

BIO ARMOR,..ENERGY AURA,..RADIATION ARMOR,..SHEILD DEFENCE AND WILL POWER

yet none of the armors with a damage aoe has taunt nor does regen,..ninjitsu or super reflexes,. or the upcoming stone armor

i was only asking for the armors that DONT HAVE a built in taunt,.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Sorry to say, dead issue, devs have already spoken.  Sets that have one won't have it taken away (which annoys some people), but no new sets are going to get one (which annoys other people).

Just play the sets that have one and ignore the others (which is what I do).  At least ice armor and the upcoming stone armor have slows so that does help with the runner issue somewhat for those.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

yet none of the armors with a damage aoe has taunt nor does regen,..ninjitsu or super reflexes,. or the upcoming stone armor

Yeah, we understand that pal

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

1. In English, the first word in a sentence must always be capitalized.
  2. You don't capitalize nouns in English unless they are proper names.
  3. Words written in all capital letters is only allowed in the titles of articles and chapters.
  4. Otherwise is a single word.
  5. Scrapper Invulnerability also has a taunt aura.

Am I doing this right?

Edited by PeregrineFalcon
Added more words. :)
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

That is the trade-off between armor choices. Sets that have a taunt in Scrapper Secondaries are the ones that have an aura where the buff is dependent on the number of mobs within the radius of the aura.

Sets that have a damage aura (including Stone after Page 3 goes Live) get a passive damage source instead of a mob-dependent buff and a taunt.

SR/Ninjitsu don't need one either because that's thematically weird.  Especially for /Nin. Seriously.

There are plenty of ways to deal with runners between *PPs and Combat Teleport.

Taunt dynamics and Scrappers are just fine as they are.

Would much rather see Scrapper Secondaries trigger Critical Hits; suits the class better and brings them in line with Brutes/Tanks who's inherent effects are buffs to damaging powers in their secondary/primary respectively.

So, thank you but no, we'll have a never mind.

• Thanks 2

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

5 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

I am 90% sure that OP wants shit to stop running from [Burn]

Just give blazing aura for scrappers a taunt effect

Servers almost broke like a year ago when brute burn was making things run away

Then...play a brute.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

6 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

<shrug>

My ambivalence is high on this one.

I have to recant this.

I do wish they all either had it or didn't.

Why is it thematic for SR to have a taunt aura on Brutes and Tanks? Because the enemies get pissed off at how often they miss. This would remain true for scrappers. It's ridiculous that ALL tanks and ALL brutes get a taunt aura but SOME scrappers don't. It's an unfair and idiotic design decision.

That said, I don't care which way it goes. Give the appropriate taunt aura to those without it, or remove it completely from all scrappers. That would be fair. That would make sense. The halfway shit annoys me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lazarus said:

CAN we get some taunt on scrappers mainly in aoe powers,..

Power Pool > Presence > Provoke (Targeted AoE, Foe Taunt)

You can get it at level 4

It takes Taunt Enhances.

When you have established that a fight is absolutely necessary, you step up to take the lead, provoking the attention of several targets at a targeted location. Use this to pull the attention of your foes off of an ally in trouble. This provocation effect is not as powerful as similar powers used by Tankers, and also has a chance to miss.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Presence

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

10 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

You can get it at level 4

It takes Taunt Enhances.

When you have established that a fight is absolutely necessary, you step up to take the lead, provoking the attention of several targets at a targeted location. Use this to pull the attention of your foes off of an ally in trouble. This provocation effect is not as powerful as similar powers used by Tankers, and also has a chance to miss.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Presence

I was so going to say the same thing. I mean hell I occasionally take this on MM's, Defenders, and even one Domi has it. Such a good but underused power.

That said I still think their should be a low mag single target taunt as a p2w temp for when you are running say a task force and the tank DC's or quits and you don't want the AV running all over kingdom come.

11 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Then...play a brute.

because they are an arc type playable in the game.

11 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Why is it thematic for SR to have a taunt aura on Brutes and Tanks? Because the enemies get pissed off at how often they miss. This would remain true for scrappers. It's ridiculous that ALL tanks and ALL brutes get a taunt aura but SOME scrappers don't. It's an unfair and idiotic design decision.

this is what I'm saying,  even brute regen has a taunt aura

11 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

why not make the same argument for brutes,..we as players have been told since day one of COV release, "BRUTES ARE NOT TANKS"

but every scrapper primary has a SINGLE target taunt in confront,..why not make that an aoe taunt but like brutes and tanks?

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

but every scrapper primary has a SINGLE target taunt in confront,..why not make that an aoe taunt but like brutes and tanks?

Because it should have it's cottage burned down and made into a CT style gap closer that does 0 dmg, is restricted by line of sight, but has Burst of Speed's range.

Not yet another power that renders Scrappers into a much less durable Tank/Brute with marginally better burst damage.

Scrappers are not Tanks.  Please stop trying to homogenize melee ATs.  If changes are in line for Scrappers, they should differentiate the AT, not homogenize it.

Currently, if I want a Scrapper with a constant taunt, I have options, if I want one that doesn't because tactically I want to select my encounters and eliminate the most dangerous target while letting the tanks and controllers deal with aggro management, I have that option as well.  This suggestions limits options and increases homogenization, so still a hard no.

Also, if you really must have a taunt on your /Burn scrapper, take the Melee Hybrid branch that includes a taunt (the +def side iirc).  All the auto-taunt you will ever need.

• Thumbs Up 3

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I was so going to say the same thing. I mean hell I occasionally take this on MM's, Defenders, and even one Domi has it. Such a good but underused power.

That said I still think their should be a low mag single target taunt as a p2w temp for when you are running say a task force and the tank DC's or quits and you don't want the AV running all over kingdom come.

Wow. You have to have a tank on every task force you run?

You know, I don't have that problem. I don't need a tank on my team or  task force to be successful. And the only time AVs are running around all over the place is when they are chasing someone running away from them that has agro'ed them.

I think there is a Presence pool power that will give you a taunt if you really think you need it.

And, if the AV is the only enemy left, then Challenge/confront can cover it. I'm pretty sure every scrapper melee type can get Challenge.

But if you take that power, you could just as easily take the presence poll power - which is an AoE and allows you to slot taunt enhances.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:19 AM, Lazarus said:

why not make the same argument for brutes,..we as players have been told since day one of COV release, "BRUTES ARE NOT TANKS"

Brutes are not tanks. They don't mitigate damage as well as a tank.

Brutes are a mix of Tanks and Scrappers. it is debatable if Mastermind or Brutes were considered to be the Tanks of CoV.

Because Scrappers are not tanks. They aren't even some hybrid between a tank and a scrapper. They are a scrapper. Scrappers have even less def/resistance that Brutes.

And you now why? The DEVs said so.

If scrappers want taunt, I explained how to get it. 

Scrapper can have a Taunt and it is in the Presence pool. It is not as powerful as a tank's taunt, but it is a taunt and you can slot it up with taunt enhances.

It is there. Don't try to ignore it.

You don't have to get the challenge/confront power if you don't want it, get the Presence power instead.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't keep some people from beating a dead horse.

Edited by UltraAlt
It is not as power(ful) as a tank's taunt
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

14 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Am I doing this right?

I read your post, and had the 'Pink Panther' theme start playing in the back of my mind... "Pedant, pedant... pedant... pedant, pedant, pedant... pedant, pedaaaant..." Nearly had some coffee go down the wrong way. 😄

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Brutes are not tanks. They don't mitigate damage as well as a tank.

Brutes are a mix of Tanks and Scrappers. it is debatable if Mastermind or Brutes were considered to be the Tanks of CoV.

brutes have scrapper numbers for their armors

but they have tanker caps

just let fire armor scrappers get taunt on their blazing aura

• Thumbs Down 1

17 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Hmmm, read your initial post. It says nothing about scrapper secondaries. You only posted for that on AOE's.

Now for my initial post on the subject. There were 4 people that were educated enough to understand the post.

I have nothing left to say on your OP.