Poll: Master of Eden, Hydra & Market Crash badges

Faultline

Poll: Master of Eden, Hydra & Market Crash badges  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Eden, Hydra & Market Crash trials have "No Deaths, No Temps, No Incarnates" Master badges?

• Yes
    • No

• City Council

With the new challenge modes, we can easily add Master of badges to Eden, Hydra and Market Crash. They would be the "classic" Master badges, the style used in the STF/LRSF/LGTF/ITF: team locked to x8, no deaths, no temporary powers, no incarnate powers. These requirements were not exactly popular though, hence the poll to check if people even want those badges.

The badges themselves would award a Rare incarnate component (all of the existing Master badges do this as of Page 3). For Eden and Hydra, it would also cause the Titan/Hydra enhancement at the end to drop at player level instead of -2 every time the Master of challenge is completed -- meaning, even if you already have the badge, the enhancement will drop at your level.

Just to be clear, this is not a thread to suggest a bunch of extra challenges be added to those trials in order to use the  "collect 4 challenge badges for the Master badge" system. That won't happen in Page 3. If the result of this poll is "No", the Master of badges will not be added for those trials for Page 3, and they won't be added in the future unless we heavily retrofit the old trials with a pile of new challenges, which is unlikely.

• Like 2

Hmm, I'm a bit torn. On one hand, I do like badges, and also I have nothing against no deaths/temps/etc.

However, even without incarnates,  these trials aren't particularly difficult. The Master requirements would just mean that my next run (when Live) would take 15-20 minutes instead of 10. Not sure there's much to "master " there.

But, whateves, I'm cool with whatever!

• Like 1

I'm down for a Master of the Hydra and the like.

That said there's so many people that have no clue on that trial, I had a pug recently that was the proverbially you can bring a horse to water but you can't force it to drink as 6 of the team had never done it before and wasn't really following the advice that myself and the team leader put out for how to handle the mechanics of it.

2 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I'm down for a Master of the Hydra and the like.

That said there's so many people that have no clue on that trial, I had a pug recently that was the proverbially you can bring a horse to water but you can't force it to drink as 6 of the team had never done it before and wasn't really following the advice that myself and the team leader put out for how to handle the mechanics of it.

A new Master badge may tempt people to run it more often, though it may be painful for a while.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Apparition said:

A new Master badge may tempt people to run it more often, though it may be painful for a while.

That's what I was thinking. One of the pug members of the team said they'd never run it again. Maybe I was a bit of a dick as I don't really have a filter and my patience was wearing thin after being in there for around 50 minutes but I told them having slotted their powers and not just being farmed in the AE helps (that was after they died like 11 times, essentially anytime the rikti spawned to fix the towers). Hopefully they take it as a challenge to learn the content and their toon and get better.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm a masochist and think any "Master of" should also lock spawns at +4...so a hearty "yes" from me.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Put me down for a hard no "unless" they allow us to use Incarnate powers on Master runs.  We've always had the use of Incarnate powers on Master runs before and I don't see the need to remove them now.  This change is completely unfair to new players and creates two classes of badgers: Those who got the Master of Badges with incarnate powers and those who did not.  Master of Badges are already stressful enough with Incarnate powers and this change will completely ruin the fun for me.  This reminds me of when the game used to be "We only have room for XX blasters or YY AT since we need to have this many buffers/tanks/control etc to attempt a Master run.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I see no reason not to do this if you're able to at the moment, particularly because it sounds like if it doesn't happen now then it probably won't happen at all for a very long time. It's an optional setting that doesn't impact any player who doesn't want to do it and I can find no reason to keep it out of the game.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

Hard no from me.  "No deaths" challenges are boring.  You've gotta have a little risk to have fun.

"Master of" challenges are better when they're more focused on unique mechanics and additional work, like the Incarnate Trials (and from the looks of it the new ASF), not when they encourage you to do less.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

If we get any more 'Master of...' badges, can we maybe get a separate badge section to display them? Really starting to crowd out the Accomplishments/Achievement sections. 

Honestly I think the whole badge UI needs an overhaul. However, I'm very aware of how much work something like that would actually be and I don't expect it to happen ever.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ForeverLaxx said:

Honestly I think the whole badge UI needs an overhaul. However, I'm very aware of how much work something like that would actually be and I don't expect it to happen ever.

Some what of a tangent, but I remember getting badges way back when they first came out and thought they were actually things a character would wear on their chest, sort of like military service uniforms, at least the accolades. As more badges were added, I kind of lost the connection - its kind of fourth-wall breaking now. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

Some what of a tangent, but I remember getting badges way back when they first came out and thought they were actually things a character would wear on their chest, sort of like military service uniforms, at least the accolades. As more badges were added, I kind of lost the connection - its kind of fourth-wall breaking now. 

Well they still have titles attached which kinda suggests your character "wearing" the badge, but you do only get to choose one. The rest go on an ever-expanding wall in some basement somewhere, lost in a sea of near-identical designs and sometimes nonsensical "sorting."

I've always thought there ought to be master badges attached to the Positron TFs.  Way more of an impressive achievement than Market Crash or Eden.

Market Crash should require the Valet badge IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

13 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

If we get any more 'Master of...' badges, can we maybe get a separate badge section to display them? Really starting to crowd out the Accomplishments/Achievement sections. 

I always wanted to able to pick and choose the badges I really like in the Bio section of a toon. Since I don't write a bio for any of my guys. So when someone checked my Info they would see my "Proud of" Badge list.

FYI, said list would only be "Master of" ..badges, so I am in favor of more.

• Like 1

• Developer
16 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Stupid question but is there a solid way to differentiate the Rikti Weapon temp powers within Hydra Trial from the rest of the temp powers so they don't get locked out somehow?

The required temp to kill the Hydra Head is not locked by the challenge, but the other one that kills the towers is.

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!