Doing Hero Slayer old school

Without_Pause

I see I am at 21 out of 25 signature heroes defeated. Outside of the typical SFs, and DA, what are places/missions to look for them? Can they be repeated if say doing them via SFs?

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Yes, they're repeatable. I generally do LRSF enough between 45 & 50 to get it accidentally. Per wiki:

Does not have to be of Hero rank to count.

Other good places to find groups of enemies that count include the Lord Recluse Strike Force, signature heroes in Recluse's Victory, Take out the Vindicators mission from Abyss, the third mission from Who Will Die episode 4 (for Hero/Vigilante alignments), and Tip Missions.

Demons summoned by Infernal, the Tuatha summoned by Woodsman, and Spectral Servants summoned by Malaise all count. --Verified Issue 21

• Like 1

So this is going to be way easier than I was thinking. Good to know. I have a number of villains I would like to keep as such and seeing how easy it was to get to 21 without trying, I figure I'll skip the work around.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

So this is going to be way easier than I was thinking. Good to know. I have a number of villains I would like to keep as such and seeing how easy it was to get to 21 without trying, I figure I'll skip the work around.

If you've got a second account, you can set up someone to have the villain contact [Lord Schweinzer] who provides endless supply of bank missions without needing to do newspapers. Easy way to chew through the badge if you're getting it multiple times instead of the harder ways out there. Prerequisite for the contact unlock though is to have the Hero Slayer badge and be Level 10.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 11/10/2021 at 6:57 PM, Glacier Peak said:

If you've got a second account, you can set up someone to have the villain contact [Lord Schweinzer] who provides endless supply of bank missions without needing to do newspapers. Easy way to chew through the badge if you're getting it multiple times instead of the harder ways out there. Prerequisite for the contact unlock though is to have the Hero Slayer badge and be Level 10.

I do have a second account, but no one with that contact unlocked yet. I'll look into the Gossamer arc. That alone will get me the badge.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:51 PM, PluckySidekick said:

Searching through the contacts a bit yielded this:

Fortunata Gossamer, https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Fortunata_Gossamer#Part_One:_Step_Into_My_Parlour

There's 6 heroes in a 4 mission arc. I haven't run this one in a long time so I don't know exactly how long it would take so YMMV.

On basic diff setting with no bosses. Only two spawn as actual Hero level and Manti is the only "difficult" one. I think it took me about 15 minutes to crank it out. Arc caps at level 40 so a player wouldn't hardly be limited by what they can use. Also you can get the 4x merit bonus the first time you do it so that's a solid way to work on it. Schweinzer has a list of each of the mayhem missions so it is easy to pick what you need. 

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

Operative Rutger in Nerva has a mission to fight Infernal at the end of a brief-ish arc.

Infernal's demons count as heroes for that badge. (Same as Infernal's demons at the end of the Virgil Tarikoss SF.)

Run in, aggro Infernal. Defeat his demon spawns. Exit. Reset. Repeat. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later