Worst Build Combos

Taedae

My answer would've been a kin/stone brute, but with the changes coming to stone armor, that might not be the case anymore.

My new answer is Sonic/WP sentinel.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Worst Combo I tried that should have been good but it was likely user error was ninja/poison mastermind. I didn't really IO it and I am not even sure if I got it to 50. The ninjas died too fast for poison to protect.

The great thing about this game is how even weak synergies of combined powersets can often be helped by IOs and/or power pools. Also, a cool costume with cool fighting travel powers will keep things fresh.....

Obviously, if wanting solo +4x8 then I wouldn't choose a earth/ice/elect controller to be paired with a secondary without quick recharging damage powers unless you have procs and maybe supplemental power pool attacks. /storm is great, but /empathy, /sonic, etc... will be tough solo. 

Given that I know that, my least fun builds with fun concepts were ones that were generally slow soloers because even though I like teaming I don't want to be at the mercy of teaming in a superhero game. Also, with IOs it is much easier to gain survival stats vs adding to your damage output unless able to use procs liberally.

All that said... the most frustrating build I had on live was actually self-imposed. I tried to do a human only warshade. And while it can work - especially with IOs, macros, and incarnates.... it just bothered me how it was easy to be stuck in situations where you didn't have a defeated npc when you needed it. Triform works better of course but at the time I wanted to use all the warshade toggles and they would drop when form changing. I need to try a WS again.... do the toggles still drop?

Edited by VashNKnives

My friend has a Plant Control/Nature Affinity Controller.

He always needs to team up, as he can't really kill anything on his own.

He calls him "The Gardener" and still likes playing him though. I don't have that much patience.

But then my group is very casual.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png