Good PuG, good game, good evening! (I dared the star tonight)

Aeroprism

Two days ago i learned that stars can be used/interpretated quite differently.

I joined a hollows group on my Stalker, was something like 12-14. With me along, the group amounted to 4 but the 4th left soon after, this should have raised a flag for me but hey, I'm an optimist.  The group leader insisted we played the missions at  x8+4.  My character is level 12, she doesn't have SOs yet.  This is no longer the live game, low levels go by so fast, I hardly ever slot before level 17.  Sure, the XP was insane, when we managed to defeat a spawn.

The leader also told me he had his own rules, notably that the leader should always be the first in the mission so it doesn't fudge the spawn levels (afaik: It won't) and of course: courtesy. He was very polite, very curteous, but adamantly firm, as in "If you go in before me, I will remove you from the team".

After 1-2 missions of WHIFF WHIFF WHIFF and wipe after wipe, I respectfully gave them my farewell and left.

To each their own,

• Like 2

Yeah, I've used the stars to both remind me of how good a leader they were (or how funny they are, etc.) and to remind me of "oh yeah, better avoid that guy."

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I'd like to offer a THANK YOU to everyone running Frostfire that announces and opens that mission to invites: It is probably the most fun way to work on the Weatherman badge.

Personally: I don't invite teammates outside of SF/TF/Ouro unless there is some sort of badge/unlock for participants, because I can be a complete slowpoke and casual player when I want to experience content.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Yeah, I've used the stars to both remind me of how good a leader they were (or how funny they are, etc.) and to remind me of "oh yeah, better avoid that guy."

Pretty much.  In that case, I didn't see eye to eye with the group leader. I tried to argue my case politely. Not like I didn't have time for that: because he wanted to be first in every map but took some time to try to recruit between missions, we had a solid 12-15 minutes to waste beating grey mobs between maps.

But yeah. Communication might be the key, when opinions can't be moved, well, someone has to leave.

• Thumbs Up 1