Oh, Doctor! Make it stop hurting!

It hurts so much!

I was sometimes embarrassed by the later Russel T Davies years, he can get self-indulgent and fall prey to the "save the world, then save the galaxy, then save the universe" escalation temptation that comics are prone to. But I can't wait for him to return!

Chris Chibnall's hubris reminds me of lesser authors who decide to "do an Alan Moore" without actually understanding how Alan Moore goes about re-invigorating a title. The gender-swap wasn't a problem (though Michelle Gomez was right there!) but this series has just been hurting me where it counts, right in my fandom!

Does anyone have any insights to ease my pain?

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• DoctorDitko changed the title to Oh, Doctor! Make it stop hurting!

Incise? You want us to cut you in order to ease your pain?

• Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:32 AM, UltraAlt said:

Incise? You want us to cut you in order to ease your pain?

Tell you after the next episode.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 11/14/2021 at 3:39 PM, DoctorDitko said:

It hurts so much!

I was sometimes embarrassed by the later Russel T Davies years, he can get self-indulgent and fall prey to the "save the world, then save the galaxy, then save the universe" escalation temptation that comics are prone to. But I can't wait for him to return!

Chris Chibnall's hubris reminds me of lesser authors who decide to "do an Alan Moore" without actually understanding how Alan Moore goes about re-invigorating a title. The gender-swap wasn't a problem (though Michelle Gomez was right there!) but this series has just been hurting me where it counts, right in my fandom!

Does anyone have any insights to ease my pain?

Frankly, I'm in the middle of a Snap.  For me, the era of the 13th Doctor doesn't exist, precisely because I'd heard all the comments and decided that if I had to end my viewing with the magnificent Twelfth Doctor, I could live with that.  So I pulled out my golden, gem-encrusted gauntlet and dusted a few years.  It made it easier when I found out just how trashily they retconned the First Doctor in Peter's last outing.   Nothing against David, he did the best he could with the rubbish the gave him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Nothing against David, he did the best he could with the rubbish the gave him.

Oh, absolutely! And Russel T did a bunch of great work, I just think toward the end he started falling for his own press releases!

I honestly didn't think anyone could rival David's 10th Doctor (a toss up between 10 and 4 as my favorite) and then Matt Smith's mad, brilliant 11th came along, and he, Moffat, and the Ponds stole my heart!

Peter's grumpy 12th grew on me considerably. I kept hoping Jodie's 13th would, too, but her North accent is thick enough to detract, and Chibnall is just not that good. If you want to check out a single episode, I think the Rosa Parks one is the best of the 13th, it was actually pretty cool, but it's the best of a poor lot. (And Michelle Gomez was right there!)

FIngers crossed for 14 and a hopefully recharged and slightly less hubristic RTD!

• 1 month later

The gender flip never bothered me, it was the stories that Chibnall kept churning out.  

When the regeneration occurs, let us hope it is a nice reset back to how the stories should be and restore the Doctor to being a male.  Many fans left due to the gender flip, more left due to the rotten stories.  So flip the gender back and never speak of it again.

I reviewed all classic episodes that spoke about the regeneration process, it was described as random and never said gender flipping could not happen.  However they just need to not speak of it again due to this rather epic failure.

25 alts with all the badges!