AR/Tac Arrow Blaster or AR/Trick Arrow Corruptor?

JnEricsonx

One of my mains is AR/TA blaster. Can’t provide comparison, but he does hold his own solo and on team.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

7 hours ago, JnEricsonx said:

Was that more due to the extra damage up front+defiance, vs the higher value of the Corr debuffs/Scourge?

In a team situation the debuffs seemed almost wasted. But as a blaster, you notice the damage pretty quickly. I found that if you want to build an archery toon for the debuffs, than go defender for the max debuff values. If you want to build to feel like green arrow or hawkeye, go for archery/ta blaster. You get the debuffs, but your arrows actually feel like they're hurting the enemies versus tickling. The damage makes up for the debuff numbers being lower, less targets, etc. On a fun scale, for me, blaster won hands down. It's the one debuff set that I find the corr version gets lost in the shuffle. Lethal damage is heavily resisted, so the corrs lesser damage is more noticeable. And while the debuffs are great, at that point you might as well go defender.

I’d lean Blaster here. You need those Blaster numbers to make a set like AR really fun, IMO. And with its long animations, I could see it having slightly more difficulty competing with Trick Arrow’s clickiness too perhaps.

My AR/Dev is all blasting all the time whereas my Traps/AR primarily just trows Sniper/Dominate/Full Auto between Traps clicking. Just depends how much you want to pew.

But Trick Arrow is a super awesome set now, both will be fine 🙂

I'd probably roll this as Blaster, mainly because Archery on either Defenders or Corruptors isn't that amazing. If you do roll as a debuffer, I'd go Defender because the self heal proc ATO is useful with TA.

If you wanted to do another toon with a different blast set then TA is probably more attractive. Water, Dark, Fire, (the new) Electric, are some of the sets that pair with it really well.

TA is also great on Controller or MM because you can proc the heck out of some of its debuff powers and cover for these archetype's normally weak blast strength.

Edited to add: I really, really enjoy the new Trick Arrow. It has a feel unlike many other sets in game. It's worth checking out on a separate character some time. 

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:41 AM, arcane said:

I’d lean Blaster here. You need those Blaster numbers to make a set like AR really fun, IMO. And with its long animations, I could see it having slightly more difficulty competing with Trick Arrow’s clickiness too perhaps.

Archery has some of the shortest animations in the game.