Today is a historic day...

TheOtherTed

Maybe the forums are following in modern gaming footsteps and instituting "seasons" wherein every 3-6 months your rank is reset and you've gotta regrind all those rewards. Gotta keep that forum engagement up!

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

3 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

Maybe the forums are following in modern gaming footsteps and instituting "seasons" wherein every 3-6 months your rank is reset and you've gotta regrind all those rewards. Gotta keep that forum engagement up!

You mean I have to start all over irritating people again?  There's just too much competition nowadays!  sigh 🤪

• Haha 2

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

Just now, KauaiJim said:

You mean I have to start all over irritating people again?  There's just too much competition nowadays!  sigh 🤪

You might approach Snarky with a proposition as an apprentice. Even if he says no, that's just the first test. Follow him around anyway.

• Haha 6

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

9 hours ago, Troo said:

My favorite part of this was that the complaint about the thumbs down received a few thumbs down.:-)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

8 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

I hear that if you spend time logged in and log in every day, you get rewards.

Oh yikes. We've turned our forums into Star Trek Online! All we need now is 50,000 different currency types and incredibly confusing build mechanics. 

3 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Oh yikes. We've turned our forums into Star Trek Online! All we need now is 50,000 different currency types and incredibly confusing build mechanics. 

Nah. In order for this to be the Star Trek Online forums the devs would have to spend a few years flat out lying to us that they're actually creating content for one faction, and then never do it, while the mods ban hammer anyone on the forums that complains about it.

And then the publisher would wipe the forums and then the devs would spend the next couple of years denying that any of that happened while the mods ban hammer anyone who links to the quotes on my web page proving them wrong.

At least that's the Star Trek Online forums that I remember.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Just now, PeregrineFalcon said:

At least that's the Star Trek Online forums that I remember

I don't think I was on the actual  forums much.

I burnt out on the game about a year after Victory is Life when it dawned on me that logging in to do the rep and duty officer stuff was basically hamster wheel crap and the missions being released were all along the lines of "Just run this 20 times over the next 4 weeks to get a shiny"