Jumping ship... To another ship?

Arcadean

So, after some uncomfortable dramatics, I've decided to switch shards and transfer toons to it (curse the 5/ 3day limit) I'm coming from the Excelsior shard which I thought was a decent place to re-kindle my love of the CoH-verse. I was (unfortunately) proven it wasn't. 

Now I know that no matter where one goes bullshit follows etc, etc. Yet I'm a long time Vet of the CoH Community, I'm not backing down. I do however prefer to just go somewhere else, and here I'm choosing "Torchbearer". Honestly, is it worth my efforts? (Please spare me the obvious) I still would like some honesty.

Edited by Game Changer

- "Lost my mind, went looking for it, now I'm lost too..."

I am on Excelsior - @The Game Changer - I am active (7am Eastern / 5pm Eastern)  

I think our server is pretty good.  Less peak population then excel but plenty of teams.  6 hami raids every day if you like and 3 extra on saturday.  MSR on friday after the hami raids.

I spent a few MSR on excel and i hated the general and lfg chat,  couldnt wait to get back to torch each time.  There is less chat but less 'excel?' Im not really sure how to describe it but you should know since you were there.

I might give you an ambrosia on accident at some point.  I think my game is broke,  it keeps doing that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Game Changer said:

Now I know that no matter where one goes bullshit follows etc, etc.

Excelsior is the new Freedom server equivalent. Highest population and the kind of players that flock to the highest population servers

Everlasting (the unofficial role-playing server) has the 2nd highest population. [EDIT :: ... so kind of like Virtue]

Torchbearer is like the #3 server population-wise most of the time.

Reunion is the European servers, so they tend to have more actively during European active hours. Good people on this server but the population is low most of the time.

Indomitable is the unofficial PVP server. I think it takes a significant hit for that. Part of that is because CoH really isn't built for PVP, and the in-game attitudes of some that are PVP focused. All that in consideration. it is the lowest population server.

I find Torchbearer to have a very civil crowd with people both looking for teams and those willing to run teams.

As always in THE CITY, generally if you recruit for a team, you will find people that want to team with you. This is because people are hesitant to recruit/lead a team, but they will join in a heartbeat.

Edited by UltraAlt
Added note that Everlasting could be compared to Virtue
  • Thanks 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I like Torch! Great fun and first server I came back to when the game relaunched. If you want efficiency and best-in-class players(imo :P), you've hit the right server! Not that the others are unplayable/horrible or anything. Pretty fun folks I'd say!

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

While Ev is my "home server", I do have a few characters over on Torch, too... Traffic level and culture-wise, it reminds me a lot of Liberty back in the live days if that helps your assessment any.  It's the quiet suburbs of the City world, but the neighbors are a good bunch.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

• 1 month later
On 11/17/2021 at 10:41 PM, TheZag said:

I think our server is pretty good.  Less peak population then excel but plenty of teams.  6 hami raids every day if you like and 3 extra on saturday.  MSR on friday after the hami raids.

I spent a few MSR on excel and i hated the general and lfg chat,  couldnt wait to get back to torch each time.  There is less chat but less 'excel?' Im not really sure how to describe it but you should know since you were there.

I might give you an ambrosia on accident at some point.  I think my game is broke,  it keeps doing that.

And participating in the Hami raids on Excel........well that's just torture. I started on Excel. It has the population to be sure, it has the noobs (which isn't bad but these are the kids who jumped over from BF or CSGO that diddled your Mom mentality), and generally I found everyone to be pettier, snarkier, and ruder in general.

For me, Torch is my home. This is where I feel the majority of "I played on Live" players are at, along with the can do CoH attitude. Torch is usually busier in the evenings has a decent portion of the population in EST and we catch a lot of EU at the end of their days. We try to run stuff after the Hami's but work gets in the way. People are jumping ship to go there and I think more will make their way over here eventually. We don't have time for attitude, it's serious business over here. Things like face plants, Dad jokes, and really cheesy advertising.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!

it's definitely quieter, which is one reason The Long Riders lair here.  Makes you feel like you really are among the chosen few. Less...frenetic than Excel (though, if I want to do anything fast, Excel's the place to go).

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.