Striga Isle needs a Giant Monster

dtjunkie

Hello,

The Giant Robot in the Ernesto Hess TF needs to be a giant monster that spawns in Striga. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but I really feel this is a no-brainer. Whenever I run Hess I am always impressed by the lead up to the robot. First you see its feet from the control room on the bottom floor. Then you see its head. And then finally you get that glorious fight on the catwalks surrounding the thing. I want to punch that robot so bad. I need to punch that robot. Please make it happen. I know I get to punch the Crimson Prototype in Market Crash. I agree that robot is pretty awesome. BUT. BUT. I have desired to punch this specific giant robot since Issue 3's release 17 years ago. I would appreciate the opportunity to do so.

Thank you for your time and your consideration.

-dtjunkie

• Thumbs Up 5

14 hours ago, TheZag said:

Finish the TF and it gets released on the zone would be cool. 

... but finishing the TF is preventing its deployment, as I recall... Preventing its deployment, plus the base self destructs (that countdown at the end.)

(I'm honestly still... "eh" on a GM in striga in any case, personally.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

... but finishing the TF is preventing its deployment, as I recall... Preventing its deployment, plus the base self destructs (that countdown at the end.)

(I'm honestly still... "eh" on a GM in striga in any case, personally.)

Yeah, a Giant Robot at the end of Hess makes no sense.

But there's a badge about a Banished Pantheon thing called "The Unnamed"...

A giant monster for every zone I say!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, TheZag said:

I just like having fun in the game.  Everything doesnt have to make sense for me.  Maybe the self destruct sequence activates the robot and it escapes too.

I'm not opposed to a Giant Robot attack, I'm just opposed to it being triggered by Hess. Maybe Citadel? "Oh no, Vandal's been captured, release the Giant Robot to free him"

11 hours ago, Greycat said:

OK thats a valid Point but how about that, if the Tf isnt run in the last 3 hours it get spawn on certain times.... or by defeating councils in zone like for some GMs on red side.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

Today my 10 year old son, 9 year old daughter, and I are running Hess. During the final fight I was talking to them about how cool it would be to fight the Giant Robot. My son says, "When Archon Burkholder gets to half health he should hop into the robot's cockpit and then you have to fight him while he's inside operating the giant robot". I mean the robot is clearly set up for this scenario. The control hatch is open:

screenshot_210221-11-28-42.thumb.jpg.b64d7f2c8b62d0647afa2e477e3a311d.jpg

I'm probably biased, but I think this is the best idea anyone has ever had.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I’m with @Clave Dark 5 on this one.  Who doesn’t love an unexpected giant monster?  When my SG figured out how to spawn multiple Kronuses (Kroni?) you could practically hear everyone in Talos going “Squeee!!!”

That was you?  That happened to me when I was standing by the trainer at the tram station working on a costume slot.  The frame kept shaking, I kept hearing fighting sounds... after a few minutes I was like "I oughta finish this and go check."  That was fun!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

6 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

That was you?  That happened to me when I was standing by the trainer at the tram station working on a costume slot.  The frame kept shaking, I kept hearing fighting sounds... after a few minutes I was like "I oughta finish this and go check."  That was fun!

We did it a lot on Justice in the old days.  I’ve done it solo a few times here on Excelsior (Ouro the Crimson arc, at the end of the Wildflower mission either exit to your base then whatever zone you want to go to, or just use the new Teleporter thingie. Kronos spawns shortly thereafter (I don’t think he can spawn in Atlas, but I’ve only done Talos. Maybe I should try Nova Praetoria!))

• Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?