PvP Bugs

Dan Petro

• Developer
1 hour ago, macskull said:

It's not a bug, per se, but now that heal decay no longer exists in zones and is off by default in the arena (i.e. it's essentially nonexistent now), it may be worth revisiting the disparity between PvE and PvP parameters for powers that give heal over time in PvE but +regen in PvP. Big examples here are the Panacea proc and some of the Nature Affinity buffs.

That is indeed something I want to touch on. I will attempt to go through as much as i can, but would be helpful to get a list on this.

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

Mallex brought up that in PvP storm's O2 boost is incorrectly granting the PvE stun protection in addition to the PvP stun resistance.

This may not be a bug as I don't know the intent, but several temp powers are usable in zones and arena (with temp powers turned off). I'm mainly thinking of alignment powers (Call to Justice) and P2W powers including the 2 jump packs and mystic fortune. Based on temp powers that are disabled in PvP I'd imagine for consistency that these powers aren't meant to be enabled. I can edit this post later with a better list of powers if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Edit (to add more if I think of them) :

• Steam Jump
  • Jump Pack
  • Mystic Fortune
  • Call to Justice

The P2W temp power Ethereal Shift is still usable when you have the NoPhase buff. More of a general bug, but I've seen people use it in PVP to stay unaffecting longer than I think is intended.  

Edited by xhiggy

The -range debuff from Hurricane is flagged as PvE-only for Masterminds.

Edited by macskull

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

@Captain Powerhouse After looking through what I could find based on powerset descriptions here is what I came up with for the heal over time vs regen disparity. Unless otherwise specified the powers listed apply to all ATs that can take that power. There are several powers not on this list that do heal over time but they don't have separate PvP flags so they're already working correctly.

Water Blast/Dehydrate
Nature Affinity/Regrowth
Pain Domination/Soothing Aura (all except Mastermind, because MMs don't get this power and theirs is supposed to do +regen instead of HoT)
Time Manipulation/Temporal Mending
Time Manipulation/Chrono Shift
Panacea: Chance for Hit Points/Endurance

On 8/30/2019 at 10:48 PM, xhiggy said:

The P2W temp power Ethereal Shift is still usable when you have the NoPhase buff. More of a general bug, but I've seen people use it in PVP to stay unaffecting longer than I think is intended.  

Today I saw a lot a players exploiting it...

1 minute under phase, and Ethereal Shift is reloaded in about 1 min....

So, Yes we truly need a patch for this...

Disable all temp powers in pvp zones could be a radical solution, but necessary to prevent the pvp from becoming completely insane

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later
  • 3 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later
On 12/4/2019 at 11:22 PM, Ukase said:

So, I took my rad/ss tank from my second account into RV and noticed that my resistances dropped over 30% upon entering RV. Toggles were all on, so not sure what the issue is, other than some kind of bug. 

Not a bug, that's diminishing returns.

21 hours ago, macskull said:

Not a bug, that's diminishing returns.

Those returns diminished too much, imo. 

I've never pvp'd in any other game, so I think it's fair of me to assess PvP from a fresher set of eyes. 
Travel suppression...I don't like it, but I know why it's there. 

There simply isn't a good reason to have enhancements behave differently in the two zone types. At least, not in my mind. But, hey, what do I know? I was there for the Phalanx Heroes, not for pvp. I wanted all the resistance I could get. 

4 hours ago, Ukase said:

I've never pvp'd in any other game, so I think it's fair of me to assess PvP from a fresher set of eyes. 

There simply isn't a good reason to have enhancements behave differently in the two zone types. At least, not in my mind. But, hey, what do I know? I was there for the Phalanx Heroes, not for pvp. I wanted all the resistance I could get. 

Trust me, most of us don't like any of that either.

4 hours ago, Ukase said:

+resistance effects inherently resist -resist effects.

Meaning if you have 75% resist to S/L damage, and you get hit with a debuff (lets say envenom) which is -40%res.  You resist, 75% of that debuff meaning you only lose 10% resists.  At 90% res caps that -40% res only becomes -4% and you have characters that are effectively immortal. 

• 3 weeks later

The Arena System

Back in the first era of CoH it wasn't entirely stable,  but now it seems to have a chronic problem of not wanting to start arena matches.  My nephew visits and links his laptop to my network and we team up in the game and like to fight in the arena.

Sometimes we can run only one match, some times several but then the Arena system bugs out and when the start button is clicked, if it can be clicked, the timer will briefly start and then stop.  When that happens , neither of us can start an arena match at all.

Also there is the old problem with the Swiss Draw badge that was never fixed prior to shut down, thus making it necessary to designate the person in slot 2 as the match winner and then rotate players to ensure all get the badge.   If this problem cannot be fixed anytime soon, can swiss draw matches be reduced to needing FOUR players instead of EIGHT to launch?  Too many players get fidgety and impatient seeking this badge

• Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!

Hi,

not a bug but something kind of problematic :

Destiny Incandescence stacking.

How is it possible such a thing could go under radar ?

Isn't possible to flag the power as not stackable ?

It's merely a pvp zone problem, as arena is commonly Alpha only.

The worst thing is it's a vicious circle. The more we know others players take it, the more we'll tend take it... then on teams you'll go with something like 300% heal bonus, Heals or green pills becomes absurdly op.

So just a little thing : flag it as unstackable.

Regards

Edited by Funkenstein