In Eagle Eye's mission "Report to Councilman Hammet" weird quantum behaviour

Major_Decoy

So, in the mission "Report to Councilman Hammet" all of the family when you enter the mission spawn defeated, they're just lying on the ground, except for the Quantum Gunners who spawn perfectly fine and are just standing around by piles of corpses. When you attack the quantum gunners, the rest of the spawn stands up as if to aggro you, but they're still defeated and untargetable.

If that is the mission I think it is, they are supposed to spawn dead. The mobs you are supposed to fight or avoid don't spawn until you find Hammet's corpse. The fact the Quantum Gunners spawn ready to fight is the bug, not the dead Family.

And even at that, they aren't bugged. Since you are presumably a kheldian, quantums can spawn in your missions. Since they are not specifically coded for that mission like the Family, they do not spawn dead. So, congrats, you get to fight mobs before anyone else on that mission.

My 2nd post still stands. The quantums are not part of the mission. They are not coded as static targets for scenery. They are spawned because a kheldian player character is on the map. So they ignore the already defeated condition imposed on the Family. Unfortunately, this is not a bug, just a problem in working the coding. This was addressed back on Live and I doubt anything can really be done about it still. Kheldian characters get to blast targets in that mission before targets are supposed to be available to attack. As for the defeated units standing up, they are effectively locked into an emote. Combat starts (because the Quantum Gunner is an active hostile), the 'defeated' Family stands up dropping their emote due to combat. As they are scripted to not be a target or engage in combat, their actions end, leaving the 'dead' Family standing not able to do anything or be affected. Pretty much like how other mobs drop their emotes when combat starts. This happens on pretty much every map with pre-defeated units and nearby active hostiles. You can see it on missions where 'defeated' Freakshow suddenly stand up because a hostile Banished Pantheon mob in their vicinity aggroed on you. My apologies. I am trying to be as informative as I can but my answer may seem like I am talking down to you. That is not my intent.

I'd still argue that it's unintended behaviour for the enemies in the mission, even if it is unsurprising behaviour. According to the story being told, there shouldn't be quantum gunners standing there while all their allies have been defeated.

Your explanations are unnecessary. I didn't express any confusion as to why this was happening, my argument is that in the mission it shouldn't be happening. That all of it is contrary to the intent of the story.