Beast Mastery - Summon Lions - Defense slotting issue

BillyMailman

A Beast Mastery MM gets the Summon Lions power, which summons two Lionesses. We're gonna ignore that the power ought to be called Summon Lionesses, and instead focus on the slotting options. Summon Lions takes defense enhancements, as well as heal, move speed, stun, etc. Any +Defense or +Heal or whatever that you slot into it, gets slotted into all the lionesses' appropriate powers, and boosts their stuff. Healing boosts Lick Wounds, stun boosts Ferocious Growl, etc.

Except Defense. The lionesses have one power that has a defense buff - Lion's Roar. Lion's Roar doesn't actually benefit from Defense enhancement (see the icons in the upper-right, there's just the Endurance Reduction one), so the power always does a flat 6% defense, no matter what. Any slotting for increased defense, does nothing.

I've confirmed this in-game separate from City of Data; my Summon Lions power has a 25 defense buff IO in it, but the buff is still just 6% per lioness.

I dunno whether the better solution is to make defense slotting work (almost nobody seems to slot any, since MM slotting is often pretty tight anyway, which is likely why I could only find one post even mentioning this problem, which was from mid-2020), or just make Summon Lions not take defense enhancements/sets any more.

Edited by BillyMailman

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

That the OP actually seems to be written in English once again makes me appreciate the hilarious oddness of this game.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

• 2 weeks later

The Protector Bots from the Robotics power set has the same problem. The protector bots' force shield is completely unaffected by defense enhancements slotted into the pet. A protector bot's force shield grants +13% defense at base, which is surprisingly high. With a defense enhancement slotted, it still grants 13% defense boost.