Villain of the day: Monday "Henpecked Husband" Torchbearer

Yipp

Domestic abuse isn't funny.

What is described in that bio isn't the degree you make it.

I'd akin it to the subject of bullying.  Duh, bullying is bad but damnit, it serves a purpose in moderate doses.

Had Rachel being physically harming him or some other circumstance of emotional or psychological abuse, you might not sound like a sensationalist.  The only thing describe, really, is that their relationship has hit shore and something needs to change (both of them) to get the ship sailing again.  It's a parody of a bad relationship which do happen and aren't always some moral soapbox to espouse platitudes on how people's experiences can be bad or affect them greatly.  We know.  But this is a joke.  Learn to laugh or at least not ruin other people's fun.

I'll be sure to tell the fucker who tried to run me over that bullying is necessary in moderate doses.

You're officially a sensationalist.  Congratulations lol

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

noun

a person who presents stories in a way that is intended to provoke public interest or excitement, at the expense of accuracy.

"sensationalists got their kicks out of misreporting the murder"

I'd say exaggerating the context to invoke a moral argument about domestic violence could be considered a form of sensationalism.

Can we knock it off with the personal attacks, please?

If I may, I think this thread might need to be locked down.

The discussion regarding the content of the original post has gotten rather heated and is a subject that is very hard to have a calm, rational discussion about. I don't see it getting anywhere but worse, honestly.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

• City Council

You're officially a sensationalist.  Congratulations lol

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

noun

a person who presents stories in a way that is intended to provoke public interest or excitement, at the expense of accuracy.

"sensationalists got their kicks out of misreporting the murder"

I'd say exaggerating the context to invoke a moral argument about domestic violence could be considered a form of sensationalism.

I did not say knock it off just for my own amusement. Please do not ignore GM warnings in the future, both of you.

Locking now.

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!