Mercy Island Map Thumbtacks and Compass Not in Agreement

Plasmic Rage

I'm badge hunting in Mercy Island after completing blue side exploration badges. I'm using Vidiot Maps. There is a problem with four badges (numbers 1, 2, 5, and 7) that when I thumbtack those locations on the map - and they show they are thumb tacked - the compass and marker on screen for me to follow in game instead leads to Port Darwin, which is clear across the other side of the map. It doesn't matter where on the map I am, these four badges, when thumb tacked on the map are not linked to the compass. The other badges are fine, and no issue with the plaque. I've never encountered this before and Mercy Island is the only map I've hunted so far on red side.

The badge locations are fine, they are right where Vidiot Maps said they would be. The only problem is the overhead compass and the yellow marker in game for these four badges say you thumb tacked Port Darwin when it is not.

Update: Port Oakes has a similar problem. Badges 1, 3, 7, and 8 and Plaque 2 when thumb tacked on the map, instead points to the Abandoned Lab in the game. I won't continue to update this, I just wanted to show it wasn't isolated to Mercy Island.

Edited by Plasmic Rage
additional information

That is a way long standing bug, date back to even issue 10 or older, nonetheless it is a bug and should be fixed, whenever its time for it 🙂 .

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

This is definitely a known issue. I've posted about it a few times in the past, and when the /thumbtack command was in testing I posted about it on the testing discord. A dev (Faultline) responded there, and I've quoted his response below:

the reason this happens is because the waypoint that shows on the screen uses navigation beacons in order to direct you to places, and those connect through doors. Inside missions the navigation is usually very straightforward and there's only one path to objectives even with doors, but in open world the pathfinding may decide that going in and out of a door is shorter than walking past it. 

Which leaves you stuck on a loop of doors in-and-out of some buildings.
The thumbtack image in the map, on the other hand, doesn't need to do any pathfinding; it just finds the final X and Y coordinates and drops itself there.
I don't know why the ones in Mercy and Oakes are way more likely to trigger than, say, a marker inside Atlas' City Hall.