Patch Notes for November 26th, 2021 - Issue 27, Page 3

The Curator

16 minutes ago, TauntingMonk said:

So, i'm still waiting on a answer to why Sentinels didn't get Seismic Blast? Am I the only one that wanted this?

Plus, are there any word on more epic power pool sets to match primary/secondary sets for more ATs?

It takes time to port the powerset and to test the changes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

17 minutes ago, TauntingMonk said:

So, i'm still waiting on a answer to why Sentinels didn't get Seismic Blast? Am I the only one that wanted this?

Plus, are there any word on more epic power pool sets to match primary/secondary sets for more ATs?

What @Glacier Peak said - Sentinels don't get direct ports of Blaster/Corruptor primaries (the same way they don't get direct ports of Scrapper/Brute secondaries) - they've got to be modified and adjusted enough that it's a whole other aspect of testing to add. I'd expect them to get it with the next patch along with the other stuff that wasn't quite finished enough to be included in this update.

• Thumbs Up 2

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

8 hours ago, Excraft said:

however with the amount of people leveling new characters and firing these off in succession, your vision is totally obscured by this and can't see what's happening.  

This problem will go away in a week when your teams aren't 80% Seismic Blast toons.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Except Elec Melee is one of the best AoE sets in the game.

It really isn't. Thunderstrike is slow as molasses and does half the damage to those who aren't the target (so don't look at TS' damage on mids and assume everyone is taking that damage in the radius). Lightning Rod does twice the damage of a regular PbAoE with 4-5x the recharge time. Chain Induction is ok and that's about it.

It's like saying Staff is a great AoE set. No, it isn't. It has lots of AoEs which is different, but they are slow and do little damage so we're stuck animating low damage skills.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

• City Council
1 hour ago, chromeknickers said:

I apologise if this has already been discussed or addressed, but did this new update take away the Marginilized badge (no epics/patrons on a level 50 flashback arc) or perhaps did adding the new badges for only alpha slot and no incarnates bug it? I got the new badges for only alpha slot and no incarnates, but when I tried for Marginalized, I got nothing. I did it at my SG portal, the actual Ouroboros portal, as a hero, villain, rogue, vigilante, 50 only arcs, 40-50 arcs, high merit content (5-30 merits), solo and duo and nothing. 😕 

Confirmed, the "No Epics" challenges are trying to reward the badges NoEpicPowersSL8 and NoEpicPowersSL9 which don't exist. It should be rewarding NoEpicPowersatSL8 and NoEpicPowersatSL9.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since I seem to be attracting 'downvotes' and laughter.

Objectively Thunderstrike with it's monumental 3.4 second animation to do 457 damage to the main target and half that to the rest caught in the radius is not great. Maybe if it did not split the damage in half for the other mobs caught in the radius.

Lightning Rod that just does twice the damage of a regular PbAoE. Not using Claws because Spin is an outlier, but randomly grabbing Savage from one of my builds it does 239 damage and recharges in 4.59 seconds. Shield Charge does.... 418 on 27 seconds cooldown. Is it bad? No, it's a bit less than twice the damage of a regular PbAoE after all. But it's also on a 27 second timer.

Chain Induction is great with a speedy 1.2 cast and something like 356 damage. It's a chain and that has problems like if it misses the chain stops there.

Regardless of the above I don't speak just because I feel like it. I tested. I don't spreadsheet. I go, level a character, play it, then report.

While we can say that Burn skews things both the Martial Arts and Elec Melee had Burn so parity was maintained. Both did the clear of the map in the same time despite Elec having three AoEs and MA having one. Despite Burn (obviously) carrying things it would make a lot more sense that the 'clearly superior AoE build' would have a much better clearing time.

I have nothing more to say on the subject.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, TauntingMonk said:

Seismic Blast and Stone Armor are coming to Sentinels, but they need to have some powers replaced (namely Tombstone and Mud Pots) in order for them to fit the Archetype.

In addition to that, they need to balance both powersets around the Sentinel Archetype so that it isn't over/underperforming compared to other options. It may take some time to get it right, which is likely why we didn't see it rolled out with the current Stone content, but it is definitely something that is being worked on.

• Developer
3 hours ago, TauntingMonk said:

Ran out of time. It's still planned for a future release to get the sets ported for Sentinels.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

9 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

The second to last bullet point:

• Some temporary powers were missing flags that disabled them correctly in content where temporary powers are disallowed:
    • Defense Amplifier
    • Survival Amplifier
    • Offense Amplifier
    • Winter Ward
    • Frost Bite

Temporary powers are disabled in iTrials?

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 11/27/2021 at 4:34 PM, Booper said:

I'll finish with this, though. If anything I said earlier is inaccurate, then please make a bug report. If you use buildup and it's active when you cast Meteor (when you select the location drop) but wears off prior to the Meteor hitting, then you see less damage because of the lost buildup - then please make a bug report. That would certainly be an example of something not working as intended.

Ok, so my live blaster is a few levels away from meteor still, but I did go back on test, and tested with my seismic/plant blaster using toxins (which has no actual damage boost, and also really needs looked at too which makes more sense as a toggle with to hit and damage proc or an auto, on meteor, it was only doing an extra 2.67 damage at 50...) But without gaussians slotted and using right away, it was doing about 403 damage slotted with 3 damage SOs of smashing (ignoring the fire part)

Then fighting the exact same thing, level 50 posessed scientists minnions, I put the gaussian proc in, and used toxins and cast immediately queued up. The gaussian proc did wear off before the actual meteor impact, and the damage remained the SAME 403ish damage as it did without the guassians proc.

Now i can test again on live when I get there but as this is how all location powers still work in the live game as well, I'd imagine I would get the same results on live as well.

So yes, unless somehow it works differently on live from test, the damage bonuses do NOT carry over to meteor if they wear off before the actual impact of the meteor, ie like gaussians proc, defiance boosts, assault, bonuses, etc. At which point again yes having it be targetted aoe instead of location would help solve most of it's issues. That, or an entire rework of how all location powers are affected prior to being cast (which seems like a huge overtaking to fix this issue for one power and can sometimes be actually beneficial for other location powers ie like if you're to hit debuffed before casting rain of fire etc). So making it target based seems like the best most efficient option.

Noticed Hero 1 was using a "smaller" Excalibur model/skin as befitting his new broadsword powerset. Would it be possible to have that Excalibur skin ported over for player broadswords too?

Speaking of Hero 1 his powers, from what I could see, were pretty cool too. A bit of an ask, but is there a list and description of them we could read?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Britannic said:

Noticed Hero 1 was using a "smaller" Excalibur model/skin as befitting his new broadsword powerset. Would it be possible to have that Excalibur skin ported over for player broadswords too?

Speaking of Hero 1 his powers, from what I could see, were pretty cool too. A bit of an ask, but is there a list and description of them we could read?

It is the coolest sword isn't it???, Devs said maaaaybe we gonna get the skin eventually, after enough time passes and Hero 1 is no longer the center of attention, and without the aura thing (still uber cool), regarding your question about Hero 1 powers, the chap is a:
Broadsword(Excalibur = Lethal/Fire/Cold/Energy)/Invul/Elec/Arcane Tanker.

Edited by Albion
  • Like 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

15 hours ago, Wavicle said:

This problem will go away in a week when your teams aren't 80% Seismic Blast toons.

Seismic blast isn't going away in a week lol.  The sets here to stay.  I agree that the rocks covering everything was a really really bad design choice.  I can't team with people using it unfortunately.  I like to be able to see what I'm doing and this power totally sucks in caves and small spaces.  Definitely need a null the gull option to disable all VFX like these.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2021 at 1:40 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Seconded, it's like the largest thing you throw, that's gotta count for something.

What I really want is for the damage to vary significantly based on what you throw - that should be doable, shouldn't it? Whatever RNG determines which object shows up, add to each result a separate damage range.

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

The game lags because you touch yourself at night - @Zem

17 hours ago, TauntingMonk said:

This has already been addressed. Sentinel sets are not identical to other AT’s blast sets, so they need additional work that has not been done yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2021 at 3:21 PM, Excraft said:

Absolutely need a way to turn off or disable the visuals for entomb or whatever power is totally burying our characters under a layer of rock.  It's fine that it only lasts a second, however with the amount of people leveling new characters and firing these off in succession, your vision is totally obscured by this and can't see what's happening.  This is a big problem on Master Of runs where seconds can count and totally exacerbated in cave maps.  I tried using the graphics sliders and suppress VFX when close, but no dice and the game looks like shit at lower graphics settings.   Not to take anything away from anyone who's enjoying the set, I'd just love an option to disable those - and many others come to think of it - graphics for me.  This set needs another pass IMO.

Agreed, especially with really large opponents. (Looking at e.g. Sentinel of Mot in Dilemma Diabolique)

• Developer
On 11/28/2021 at 9:35 AM, balor said:

I'm shocked that Electricity Assault did not gain the new shock system.  I always found Elec/Elec Dom extremely under preforming. 

20 hours ago, Sovera said:

It's the sort of thing that would also prop up the ailing Elec Melee.

It was decided early on to use Shocked only for Electrical Blast due to the nature of the revamp and how it ties directly to a separate system in Endurance Drain. Shock as-is will most likely not be on other Electrical sets, but addressing them is still on the table with how the binary was broken for Electrical Blast.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Faultline said:

To my knowledge, nothing changed about them. But that arc is getting a minor revision in January, so I'll add a note to check the NPCs.

If I can press my luck with the requests, would it be possible to look also at the behaviour of combat NPCs (especially the flying ones like Imperious and Daedalus) where you're sitting quietly, preparing to take on the next group of enemies, and they suddenly rush about 20 yards in a random direction, pause, and come back to the group?  This is separate from the perception issue, as they're not being aggroed by enemies, but just do a sudden random rush that sometimes results in their being within enemy aggro range and sometimes just kinda makes the rest of the group stare at them with a sort of 'What was that all about?' look.

Edit: Just to note this has always been an issue since the olden days.

Edited by Cinnder

7 hours ago, Albion said:

It is the coolest sword isn't it???, Devs said maaaaybe we gonna get the skin eventually, after enough time passes and Hero 1 is no longer the center of attention, and without the aura thing (still uber cool), regarding your question about Hero 1 powers, the chap is a:
Broadsword(Excalibur = Lethal/Fire/Cold/Energy)/Invul/Elec/Arcane Tanker.

Thanks! I love the mix of powers Excalibur has, and a bit surprised he has Elec abilities, I didn't quite catch that at the time. I did see he had some kind of earth-shattering foot stomp too? This is the kind of character redesign that I wished we had old style dev blogs for. 🙂

Edited by Britannic
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Britannic said:

Thanks! I love the mix of powers Excalibur has, and a bit surprised he has Elec abilities, I didn't quite catch that at the time. I did see he had some kind of earth-shattering foot stomp too? This is the kind of character redesign that I wished we had old style dev blogs for. 🙂

Hero 1 is a real cheat character per se, the Well likes him so he is powered up like a beast. I still wasn't able to look at him enough without dying to figure out what he is casting, will get there eventually, I hope <_<

• Like 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.