Page 3 granite/stone armor bug

Sarn

I applaud the movement of resistance and defense to stoneskin to free up some of that for other armors, but I think it is bugged for granite. The +5% defense did indeed make my non-granite form have +5% defense (as well as expanded resistances), but it took -5% away from my granite form. Since stoneskin is operating in both granite and non-granite (as an autopower), there should have been no effective change in defense or resist in granite form). And, no, it's not combat jumping. Maybe I'm missing something. 

Mids shows granite as speced in the game at 31.55% S/L (this is pre-patch). In game (post-patch), granite's S/L is 23.12%. Stoneskin is adding the +5% back in, but I suspect that there is something going on with the initial subtraction (as that is more than just 5%.). Maybe it is because the enhancements have less base to work with, so the values are not as high. Whatever the case, it ends up being quite a considerable nerf to granite form for me (especially against incarnate level), since I was near the incarnate defense cap, but now am well short. I don't want to think that this was meant to be a stealth nerf to granite, but perhaps so. 

Thanks for all the wonderful work you all do! 

6 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Granite defense right now is +15 base on a tank.

Used to be +20. That is exactly a -5 defense reduction.

This might be seen as a bit of a setback or nerf, but for a Granite build to retain the same defense it had before it will now need 3 SO enhancements in both, Granite AND Stone Skin.

Okay, that makes sense. I'll try to find the slots. 🙂

On 11/27/2021 at 9:23 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

Hmmm . . . Sound Cannon, Meteor and now this . . . we already have gale and hurricane.  Perhaps wind control and . . . WIND BLAST!!  Flatulence themed heroes rejoice!

I thought that for a second too! Then I realized it was a signature image, meaning it is in every post published by CP. Perhaps it is meant to evoke something, "when it rains, it pours" type imagery?

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png