Jump to content

Hunting locations for i27-3 badges


Placta
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 12/14/2021 at 2:37 PM, Placta said:

 

I've run this mission a few times and there are no words for how much I hate this badge now. They're not common spawns, as far as I know there's no way to identify them until they start transforming, and my badger's a blaster – holding back so I don't defeat them too fast is antithetical. I get 3-4 per run, and there's usually one that's defeated by dots mid-transformation that doesn't give credit.

 

Farming Romulus sounds more fun tbh.

Not everyone has the capacity for dual boxing. 

I've gotten the Beast Within in two ways - first way, myself and two others simply used Aeon SF as a farm. Got the Cryogens, & the Lycanthropes. It didn't take as long as you think, the Lycanthropes. When you're not looking for badges, and you're on the lowest diff...what is that? Malicious, I think. Things go pretty quickly. You just have to make sure all are set to 0/8, because if you're not on discord, hard to know who will log back in first. 

The second way was using Kahn TF. I only got 6-7 per run, the first map. That took a while because, as you (Placta) state, you never know who's gonna turn. I think that's why I prefer the Aeon SF path. You KNOW the Dark Vamps will transform. No guessing needed. I used a target macro for Dark, and discovered a number of them...maybe 6-8 that weren't in formation. There were 20 in formation, if my memory isn't failing me. So, needed to reset it only twice for those. 

Unlike the damn Cryo's, had to reset it 9 times for that one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

+1 for Ouro Initiation Arc for The Beast Within. Idk if it was time saving or sanity saving but eventually my "optimal" for this mission was +3 and kill without mercy. I did several runs being careful and giving mobs time to transform at 10% health and pulling punches.... +3 and slaughter was getting me an average of 3 kills per reset. Data gathered through 3 toons: Stalker, Farm Brute, and Speedster Cold/fire

received_1201728393569567.webp

Edited by Jakil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Kai Moon said:

Not strictly an i27-3 badge, but Volcanic is now quick to get in Cavern of Transcendence, because of the extra boss type and infinite ambushes added. It was one of the more time consuming badges before.

This is helpful! In fact, I'd rather be level exemped than struggle thru the Hollows searching for these bosses any day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A little data from my grinding out the Escape! arc for Crey cryo bosses and gamma tanks.

 

Three missions, median sized maps. Took about ~35 minutes to clear all mobs.

 

Run total:

7 Cryo bosses

77 Gamma tanks

 

Two more runs for gamma tanks and five ish for cryos. Though, I can start skipping from group to group checking for cryos after I have finished the gamma tanks. That will speed things up.

 

Anyone else found a better mission? What were your numbers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

A little data from my grinding out the Escape! arc for Crey cryo bosses and gamma tanks.

 

Three missions, median sized maps. Took about ~35 minutes to clear all mobs.

 

Run total:

7 Cryo bosses

77 Gamma tanks

 

Two more runs for gamma tanks and five ish for cryos. Though, I can start skipping from group to group checking for cryos after I have finished the gamma tanks. That will speed things up.

 

Anyone else found a better mission? What were your numbers?

 

I did the Daedalus – Future Threat, Create Power Supply mission, set to x8. Mission took about 15 minutes to clear (objectives are glowies so there's little danger of accidentally completing) and I got about 30 gamma tanks per run. Cryos were less frequent, I averaged about 2-3 per run before I gave up and went to the Protector hunting ground in Eden and ground them out there.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry if I missed this earlier from the thread: Several of the Hero-side TIP missions at level 50 (x8) provide opportunities to fight badge-enemies, including the new Crey enemies, Rularuu, and of course Nemesis (Fake, Warhulks, Jaegers). In one of the Nemesis missions, Crey is an ambush.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Placta said:

 

I did the Daedalus – Future Threat, Create Power Supply mission, set to x8. Mission took about 15 minutes to clear (objectives are glowies so there's little danger of accidentally completing) and I got about 30 gamma tanks per run. Cryos were less frequent, I averaged about 2-3 per run before I gave up and went to the Protector hunting ground in Eden and ground them out there.

I got the gamma tank badge. I agree now that Eden is the best place for the cryos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A little more hopefully helpful information on finding Cryo bosses.

 

In Eden, the area called Serpentine, has a skyscraper in the southern end. 

 

The area around the skyscraper is crawling with 35 Crey, like 80% of mobs are Crey. A quick mental guess is there 10+ spawn points. There other areas with lots of Crey but those are a mix of 34-35 Crey. These are all 35+.

 

If you go circle around the skyscraper hitting the existing mobs so the de-spawn. You'll get a cryo every min or so on average.

 

Still tedious, so I would do whatever you like to get the gamma tanks. Then use Eden to get the last cryos.

 

Unless someone has found a better spot in Eden than this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the lycanthropes - Beast Within - by accident, I stumbled across Ashwin Lannister. A level 25-29 contact, Ubelman is a 5th column story arc. 

If you set to 0/8 with a character in that range...then proceed to not complete the arc, but level the character, I suspect that'd be an easy route to this badge. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ukase said:

For the lycanthropes - Beast Within - by accident, I stumbled across Ashwin Lannister. A level 25-29 contact, Ubelman is a 5th column story arc. 

If you set to 0/8 with a character in that range...then proceed to not complete the arc, but level the character, I suspect that'd be an easy route to this badge. 

Great find. I did it through Oro. It's at a good level. I was able to get 8 wolves in the first mission before the servers restarted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Ukase said:

For the lycanthropes - Beast Within - by accident, I stumbled across Ashwin Lannister. A level 25-29 contact, Ubelman is a 5th column story arc. 

If you set to 0/8 with a character in that range...then proceed to not complete the arc, but level the character, I suspect that'd be an easy route to this badge. 

Thank you Ukase! I think this is my goto mission for this badge now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It may be worth pointing out - there's a distinction between the HC wiki and the oldie but goodie Paragon Wiki for the Ubelmann arc from Lannister. On the Paragon Wiki, it says this is a council arc. On HC, it ACCURATELY states it's a 5th column arc. So, kudos to whomever ported the info from Paragon Wiki and edited it to show it was 5th Column. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ukase said:

It may be worth pointing out - there's a distinction between the HC wiki and the oldie but goodie Paragon Wiki for the Ubelmann arc from Lannister. On the Paragon Wiki, it says this is a council arc. On HC, it ACCURATELY states it's a 5th column arc. So, kudos to whomever ported the info from Paragon Wiki and edited it to show it was 5th Column. 

 

Paragon Wiki is accurate for the pre-shutdown game. Like all the 5th Column stuff, Ubelmann got changed to Council when they took over, and was never changed back until the SCORE years, or maybe VERY early Homecoming.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Placta said:

 

Paragon Wiki is accurate for the pre-shutdown game. Like all the 5th Column stuff, Ubelmann got changed to Council when they took over, and was never changed back until the SCORE years, or maybe VERY early Homecoming.

I'm aware. I just pointed it out because personally, I have both bookmarked, the paragon and the HC wikis. But I tend to use the Paragon out of habit. So, I figure I may not be the only one, so this alone is a motivation for me to start leaning into the HC wiki over the paragon. In the past couple of days, seems like whomever is running it has fed the hamsters or greased the wheels they run in. The page now comes up as fast as the Paragon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So - found something interesting regarding Cimeroran Traitors. Apparently if they're level 54, that doesn't make them "Incarnate level" Cim traitors.  Antonio Nash, Pandora's Box, 2/5, the 2nd mission (after chat with Mendor Silos) has a map filled with Cim Traitors. I hadn't seen realized they were in this map. But, even when I logged off and bumped it to +4 for level 54, they still didn't give credit. It's not news that the only thing in game that counts now is Rommy at the end of Sister Solaris's arc, but in case someone thought these critters might work, I can tell you, they don't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

For the Legatus badge, (defeat 100 incarnate level Cimeroran traitors), there is at least one blue side mission that currently has them. I believe it is a radio mission (or possibly a tip mission) and the mission objective is "Get the Neural Scrambler". It is possible that the mission owner would have had to acquire the mission before the introduction of the new badge, as the mission may have been inadvertently (or intentionally) changed with the addition of the new badges and associated updates.

 

A generous player invited my to join for the badge. About 81 traitors in the first run then the remaining 19 after a reset. I don't have permission to give out the player name, but check your alts for an old level 50 tip that might involve a neural scrambler or Cimerorans.

 

=:Psibug

 

 

Edited by PsiBug
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, PsiBug said:

Hi,

For the Legatus badge, (defeat 100 incarnate level Cimeroran traitors), there is at least one blue side mission that currently has them. I believe it is a radio mission (or possibly a tip mission) and the mission objective is "Get the Neural Scrambler". It is possible that the mission owner would have had to acquire the mission before the introduction of the new badge, as the mission may have been inadvertently (or intentionally) changed with the addition of the new badges and associated updates.

 

A generous player invited my to join for the badge. About 81 traitors in the first run then the remaining 19 after a reset. I don't have permission to give out the player name, but check your alts for an old level 50 tip that might involve a neural scrambler or Cimerorans.

 

=:Psibug

 

 

I found two references to neural scrambler. Might be a wild goose chase.

 

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Police_Radio_Objects

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Rogue_Isle_Protector

 

So, it sounds like a radio mission. Can you tell us what zone you were in?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

So, it sounds like a radio mission. Can you tell us what zone you were in?

Hi, the mission was in Peregrine Island.

I suspect it was a radio mission that used to be some other villain group but got changed to incarnate Cimerorans due to some kind of unexpected programming coincidence when the new content was added. The mission is in a cave and contains a glowie (if you have the mission, do not click the glowie or you will complete/lose the mission).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PsiBug said:

Hi, the mission was in Peregrine Island.

I suspect it was a radio mission that used to be some other villain group but got changed to incarnate Cimerorans due to some kind of unexpected programming coincidence when the new content was added. The mission is in a cave and contains a glowie (if you have the mission, do not click the glowie or you will complete/lose the mission).

 

Thank you that narrows it's down. Only a few groups have cave missions in PI.

 

Carnies, CoT, Arachnos I believe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, PsiBug said:

Hi, the mission was in Peregrine Island.

I suspect it was a radio mission that used to be some other villain group but got changed to incarnate Cimerorans due to some kind of unexpected programming coincidence when the new content was added. The mission is in a cave and contains a glowie (if you have the mission, do not click the glowie or you will complete/lose the mission).

 

 

A couple of drones of mine had some goldbricker missions that were changed when the new content came online, the gold brickers became dockworkers.

  • Like 1

It's the most prominent, dominant badge hunter! All badges obtained on all 15 Archetypes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, PsiBug said:

Hi, the mission was in Peregrine Island.

I suspect it was a radio mission that used to be some other villain group but got changed to incarnate Cimerorans due to some kind of unexpected programming coincidence when the new content was added. The mission is in a cave and contains a glowie (if you have the mission, do not click the glowie or you will complete/lose the mission).

 

I suspect you're right that you had to have the mission before the patch. I have tried about 20 PI radios mission w/o luck.

 

Probably a mob list got adjusted by the patch and existing missions were using the old values.

 

Your friend could probably make a lot of money selling access to that mission. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

I suspect you're right that you had to have the mission before the patch. I have tried about 20 PI radios mission w/o luck.

 

Probably a mob list got adjusted by the patch and existing missions were using the old values.

 

Your friend could probably make a lot of money selling access to that mission. 🙂

I am attempting to track them down to suggest such a thing.  Possibly they may be laying low to avoid unwanted celebrity.

New changes will probably be implemented soon that will render this quirk unnecessary.

 

Additional observations, an immunes surgeon in the mission teleported, which is not typical immunes surgeon behavior. I'm not sure if that indicates the additional abilities of incarnate cimerorans, or if it suggests the foes in the mission were "reskinned" CoT or Skyraiders or some other faction with teleporting members.

 

I'm pretty sure I read about such happy bugged missions somewhere else. or I might be thinking of the bugged (?) mission that gives Void hunters (an "odorous cloud" or something like that). Hardcore badgers may benefit from checking any blue radio, or tip or regular missions in the lvl 50 range that might be temporarily ahead of the incarnate cimeroran curve.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, PsiBug said:

I am attempting to track them down to suggest such a thing.  Possibly they may be laying low to avoid unwanted celebrity.

New changes will probably be implemented soon that will render this quirk unnecessary.

 

Additional observations, an immunes surgeon in the mission teleported, which is not typical immunes surgeon behavior. I'm not sure if that indicates the additional abilities of incarnate cimerorans, or if it suggests the foes in the mission were "reskinned" CoT or Skyraiders or some other faction with teleporting members.

 

I'm pretty sure I read about such happy bugged missions somewhere else. or I might be thinking of the bugged (?) mission that gives Void hunters (an "odorous cloud" or something like that). Hardcore badgers may benefit from checking any blue radio, or tip or regular missions in the lvl 50 range that might be temporarily ahead of the incarnate cimeroran curve.

Interesting, the only PI radio mob that teleports is Malta, which only exist in bank or pawn shop robberies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...