December 2021 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hello everyone!

I hope you’ve been enjoying Issue 27, Page 3 and had a great Thanksgiving! 🦃

So you’re aware - we’ll be moving the next donation window to Saturday, December 18th, and suspending non-critical support from December 23rd through December 27th to give our volunteer GM team a much deserved break for the Holiday. During this time, we will be focused on critical and time-sensitive issues and you should expect longer-than-usual response times. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

As always with these posts, I’d like to drop a quick reminder that there are more ways to support Homecoming than just through donations. For a general overview of the different ways you can help Homecoming, check out this thread.

Last Month: November 2021

Last month we accepted $5,740.46 in donations, $9.91 over our target for the month. As always, all remaining funds will be put towards our operating expenses for the upcoming month.

As expected, OVH billed us pro-rata for the new SCALE-3 servers. This totalled $394.06 and aligns the billing of these new servers with the rest of our services.

Here is the breakdown of what November’s funds went towards:

• $4,094.46 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
    • + $394.06 billed pro-rata for the two newer servers, covered in December
  • $300.00 to renew our annual DocuSign subscription
    • Early renewal, included in November’s target
    • Billed last month, see previous post
  • $137.76 for two domain renewals from Namecheap
    • Early renewal, included in November’s target
    • Billed last month, see previous post
  • $121.28 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $19.84 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email
  • $9.73 for security / administration software

image.png.1db6d3178345616369aabb1ed2c0ad22.png

This Month: December 2021

We brought the new SCALE-3 servers online and have cancelled the older servers that they are replacing. As such, starting this month, we will no longer be billed for them. For more information about these changes, please see this thread.

The donation target for December 2021 is $4,721.79. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,057.47 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $394.06 to cover the pro-rata invoice from November
  • $121.57 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $105.00 for our 6-month Invision Community renewal
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $9.73 for security / administration software
  • $8.56 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $4,721.79 and will automatically close once that target is met.

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

First one to post!  Made a donation this month!  I'm usually not able to make it in time

Edited by justicebeliever

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Always happy to donate to a worthwhile cause.  In this case, it's my way of saying "Thank you!" to the folks that resurrected the only game I have wanted to play consistently for 15+ years.  The 8 that it was gone only made me want to play it even more, and now that it's back, I will always do what I can to ensure it stays around as long as there are Heroes, and Villains who want to play.

• Thanks 1

What was no more, is REBORN!