Now that ASF went live, what do you think of it?

Albion

I just ran it solo on Villainous at +3/x5 on my namesake BS/Inv scrapper (except Ripplesurge, who I cheesed out on at +0/x1).  Probably could do it at +4/x8 now I know what to expect (except Ripplesurge, and I need to do some thinking about that.)  Yomo is the closest thing I have to a badger, and my intention is to eventually solo everything I can reasonably expect to solo.  I think the powersets are pretty much middle of the road -- not overpowered and not a complete pile of crap.

As content, I like it, but it's wicked long.  Now, I'm super glad I got to run it solo so that I have at least an idea of what's what.  I'd look forward to someone putting together a guide on what to expect, including all the badges and the secret stuff I missed while chopping at stuff.  My gut is always to chop up everything I see into little pieces.  As far as reward goes, well, I guess it's ok.  I mean, I can't solo a Hammy raid (yet) and I haven't tried to solo any of the TF/SFs that offer SHOs (and I doubt highly I can).

I doubt I would have been able to solo without temp powers, since my DPS isn't top notch and I still need those envenomed daggers.  I'll probably try it solo on level 2 or 3 at some point, but I'm not going to try it at 4 or 5 without an experienced team.

Good stuff overall.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Who run Bartertown?

7 hours ago, Ukase said:

The dialogue in the mission with the security/bouncer guy, is interesting too. I like interactions like this, because you can always choose a different answer the next time, and perhaps get a different result. And my third time, I got the best result - but I'll keep quiet about that, cuz, you know, spoilers.

The best result being, of course, getting to hit as many people as possible.  🙂

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I'm on what I believe is the last mission. (Don't judge; I have the time in the mornings to do about 1 mission and then I usually have to leave it for another day. So getting through this is taking me a while.)

I got taken down on the Rodney/Zoe pre-Midas fight... on basic difficulty! And I'm ecstatic about this. These fights do require thinking and they aren't foregone conclusions, which is exactly as it should be, but by the same token looking at the opposition I know I can take them if I'm careful. The environment was disorienting and that put me at a disadvantage, and again, I think that's great. I *cannot wait* for the challenge fights. 

Also, this is another one of those arcs that makes me *feel* superheroic. Or supervillainous, I guess, but you get the point. (I'll come up with an in-character reason for my blueside character to be doing the arc, OK?) Really epic imagery that I'm stunned to have associated with the Goldbrickers, whom I always thought of as distinct third-stringers. The sideways-buildings map? Loved it. May have actually gasped audibly when I zoned in. It's great to know that the game is capable of things like this.

I'm sad I didn't keep Becky alive first run-though, but there is always time.

Once again, great work in my book.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 12:34 PM, Ukase said:

I don't comprehend why people are subjecting themselves to it

I'm currently soloing it on Malicious (Difficulty 2 of 5), the setting needed for badges.  If I can solo it, the only reason for a full team to not be able to do it would be for the "team to be it's own worst enemy".

23 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I'm waiting for the video of Voltak doing a Master ASF run, solo with all challenges. 😛

I think I'm gonna max out on Vicious (Difficulty 3 of 5), probably at Midas on the Last Pool.   The last pool is where it really cuts the most into your dps output when solo, particulary for melee.

2 hours ago, Bodhivajra said:

... do about 1 mission and then I usually have to leave it for another day ...

I run about one mission a day.

Edited by Linea
  • Like 2

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

On 12/2/2021 at 6:18 PM, Cobalt Arachne said:
On 12/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, Ukase said:

More of a minor issue is the Beast Within badge.

I'd recommend doing this badge on the Reichsman TF/SF as they can spawn two per mob (one boss and one LT) and it's generally far faster/more consistent. That defeat badge is not ASF-exclusive.

The Ouroboros Initiation is another good one for this, if you want one to run solo.  The mission selection, contact, and mission door are all there in Ouroboros so there's  almost no travel time involved and it's quick and easy to re-run the first mission as often as you need to get all the 5th Column lycanthropes you need.

Edited by Zhym
  • Like 1

Angel Hornet (EnM/EnA 801-built Scrapper)

Solo Malicious ASF Complete.   Hardmode 2 of 5, Badge Difficulty.   (But i didn't go for all the badges due to time constraints, it already took long enough.)

3 days real-time, unknown in-game, due to 3 mission resets caused by lost conns.  I'd say roughly 4 hours total.  

👍 👍Two Thumbs for Quality and Story.  Probably the Best TF in the Game.

🌟 Gold Star on Malicious (Difficulty 2/5) for Challenge (while solo).

This Task Force is definitely Linea Approved(tm)

• I still did not use all my armor capabilities
    • The globe fight pushed me, but I still didn't go all the way on armor.  This was the hardest fight durability-wise for me.  This surprised me.
    • However, on Vicious (Difficulty 3/5) I'm definitely going to need all my armor, (almost) all the time.  Especially when fighting AVs.   That's going to slow things down a great deal.
    • From a durability standpoint, I suspect 80% of my builds could manage Villainous (Difficulty 1/5), and 40% or so could handle Malicious (Difficulty 2/5).
  • I did push my DPS capabilities on the last puddle of the last mission.
    • I have a little leeway left, but only a little.  I suspect 60/40 I could get to the last puddle of the last mission on Vicious (Difficulty 3/5).  But then I'm 40/60 on completing the last puddle itself.
      • Ruthless is completely out, due to dps check. Not a chance.
    • For melee, you have to spend so much time non-dps on moving and teleporting, that the last puddle is effectively halving dps.
    • I only used my pets once, on that last puddle for the spike.  Without that spike I'm not sure how long it would take, but with the spike it was over before I expected it, probably 3m.   But on Vicious (Difficulty 3/5) I'd likely need them more than once.   That's going to slow things down horridly.  Then If I make even one mistake, I get to do the whole thing over again.
    • From a DPS standpoint, I feel like anything with 250-300 dps can handle Villainous (Difficulty 1/5). For Malicious (Difficulty 2/5) I'd recommend 400+ dps.

Linea 801 Difficulty Ratings for the ASF

If you want something challenging without AVs, the following are my 801 equivalentcy ratings for the ASF.

• Villainous - 801.0 - ( 0/15)
  • Malicious - 801.2 - ( 2/15)
  • Vicious__ - 801.5 - ( 5/15)
  • Ruthless -  801.7 - ( 7/15)
  • Relentless - 801.A - (10/15)

Edit: Lowered the ASF Difficulty Ratings by 1 Tier now that I've tested it more.

Edited by Linea
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Played it last night on Malicious, I was impressed with the new mechanics.  Granted I was playing a tanker who was fresh incarnate near the end(not complete mind you), with on minimal IO's, and it was a super reflex(we had resist shields from a few thermal corruptors also).

I only died 3 times;

Spoiler

once from a self destruct I blundered into after avoiding a first one, in a chain of self destructs, a second time from bad luck + standing in blue patch in final mission, and a third from not seeing Midas's blue patch under a mass of Midas duplicates.

I like the extra abilities can be countered.  Teleport is invaluable in this TF, as it makes avoiding many of the patches much easier to dodge(note it just makes it easier).  All in all it's a nice challenge.  Actually bringing buffs/debuffs from support AT's is actually important and useful in this TF, rather than just bringing an over IO'd super toon.  If anything, this TF reminds us the power of buffs/debuffs/cc in the game when for a while max defense blasters could just melt everything without difficulty.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 8:50 AM, Hew said:

Dont let some rando click on the computer without becky there!!! 😄

On 11/28/2021 at 8:54 AM, The_Warpact said:

And that I think is what happened. 

I am not some Rando...Warpact knows exactly what he is getting when I show up...besides, it was shiny and clicking makes me feel important

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, PapaSlade said:

I am not some Rando...Warpact knows exactly what he is getting when I show up...besides, it was shiny and clicking makes me feel important

Now you need a toon named "Rando"...

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

On 12/2/2021 at 2:45 PM, The_Warpact said:

So...the thing that hit me first was that I was shocked. Secondly, 2 ppl on my team were getting clearly aggravated. To me this was a knee jerk response, I was trying to figure out why we couldn't kill Ripplesurge they were getting pissed because they couldn't instant kill it. Once figuring it out no problem and we kicked ass.

That is the biggest issue I see is that people are getting pissed because all of the sudden you gotta think your way through not just use your toon to steamroller it. It gets boring just going through the motions and really not having a challenge. 

If us as a 4 person team can have it 4x8 on an ITF and finish in 60 minutes on a kill all, there isn't a challenge its a joke.

The new settings reset that, and I'm fine with it. The question is will everyone else be ok with it.

So I was on this team with Warpact last weekend and we had our usual core group of 4 all playing characters we feel pretty comfortable and competent on.  I openly admit we went in a bit blind and cranked it up a notch or two and said lets see what happens.  That 5 hours and 89 deaths was the result.  I was definitely cranky by the end.  I can deal with the slpody baddies and death patches.  I still have the reflexes at almost 52 years old to react and get away.  The spike damage from the mobs is what really started to annoy me.  I have always been more comfortable with resistance based armor sets and this thing seemed designed to make me useless.   Constantly getting killed while watching the animation on my initial strike.  I do not mind getting defeated.  I just like to go down fighting.  This did not feel like I had a chance to do that.  That entire first run made me feel like a minion level NPC.

I have no doubt our next runs will be much better but I am not sure I am going to enjoy this much in the long run on the majority of my characters.

• Like 1

Is anyone seeing PUGs for this since the initial flurry of activity last week?  I was hoping to glom onto a group doing badge runs, but the only call I’ve seen so far was a group doing a Vicious run (I think) looking for a particular AT.

That may be an issue with a SF mode that requires strategy and a balanced team: people might be less willing to run the SF with PUGs.  Whatever problems folks have with  TFs and SFs that can be burned down by whatever few randos show up, they do have the advantage of letting people form PUGs quickly and accept whoever asks to join, without too much worry that the whole thing will go off the rails (@Snarky’s experiences notwithstanding).  

Or maybe it’s just that everyone is doing Winter Event runs instead and ASF badge runs will resume after the new year.

Edited by Zhym
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Zhym

When I was flying around Cap yesterday I didn't see anyone standing up there. But, there were plenty of LFG Winter Event calls going out and Pocket D was loaded.

So I'm thinking WE has everyone's attention.

• Thumbs Up 2

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, Zhym said:

Is anyone seeing PUGs for this since the initial flurry of activity last week?  I was hoping to glom onto a group doing badge runs, but the only call I’ve seen so far was a group doing a Vicious run (I think) looking for a particular AT.

That may be an issue with a SF mode that requires strategy and a balanced team: people might be less willing to run the SF with PUGs.  Whatever problems folks have with  TFs and SFs that can be burned down by whatever few randos show up, they do have the advantage of letting people form PUGs quickly and accept whoever asks to join, without too much worry that the whole thing will go off the rails (@Snarky’s experiences notwithstanding).  

Or maybe it’s just that everyone is doing Winter Event runs instead and ASF badge runs will resume after the new year.

Even with the badges gated behind "near easy" mode 2nd tier I doubt you will see smart gamers PUGging this for badges.  I saw an ad today for PUG exterme mode, but that is just a badgeless madhouse challenge.  Dedicated badgers (in this game especially) are methodical, and tend to be well connected.  Since a few weak links on a team (or just one!) can screw a badge there is a tendency to roll with "your crew" only.  my 2 inf....

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Even with the badges gated behind "near easy" mode 2nd tier I doubt you will see smart gamers PUGging this for badges.  I saw an ad today for PUG exterme mode, but that is just a badgeless madhouse challenge.  Dedicated badgers (in this game especially) are methodical, and tend to be well connected.  Since a few weak links on a team (or just one!) can screw a badge there is a tendency to roll with "your crew" only.  my 2 inf....

I guess it depends on what you mean by PUGs and "connected."  I've done all of the iTrial badge runs done as PUGs—MoBAF and MoLambda most often, but also MoDD and MoMag (on Excelsior, @Oklahoman leads all of these on rotation and seems to have them down to a science).  MoUnderground, MoTPN, and MoKeyes are a little harder to find, but badge runs come up often enough—and with Keyes, the main risk seems to be fixed by having enough people with Incan.  Other non-incarnate trials were even easier to do as badge runs—no temp powers and no deaths wasn't that high a bar, really.  But the ASF badges are a lot more like the iTrial badges in that you need to do specific things to get them. 

But I imagine some of those PUGs may have come from a certain chat channel which I thought was at least semi-public, but maybe not.  Anyway, as someone with a badger who has all the Mo badges except the new ASF ones, I hope getting them doesn't require being better connected.

Edited by Zhym
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zhym said:

I guess it depends on what you mean by PUGs and "connected."  I've done all of the iTrial badge runs done as PUGs—MoBAF and MoLambda most often, but also MoDD and MoMag (on Excelsior, @Oklahoman leads all of these on rotation and seems to have them down to a science).  MoUnderground, MoTPN, and MoKeyes are a little harder to find, but badge runs come up often enough—and with Keyes, the main risk seems to be fixed by having enough people with Incan.  Other non-incarnate trials were even easier to do as badge runs—no temp powers and no deaths wasn't that high a bar, really.  But the ASF badges are a lot more like the iTrial badges in that you need to do specific things to get them. 

But I imagine some of those PUGs may have come from a certain chat channel which I thought was at least semi-public, but maybe not.  Anyway, as someone with a badger who has all the Mo badges except the new ASF ones, I hope getting them doesn't require being better connected.

By PUGs... Well...lol...where do i begin.  Pretty much it's a cattle call.  Oklahoman is indeed one of the handful of people I can name that have running PUGs down to a science.  But in the end...it is still a cattle call.

"Connected..."  Not talking the Mafia here.  But it does involve knowing somebody that knows somebody.  You are part of a loose (or tight) group of regulars in a super Group or TF Chat channel that always seen to run together.  (bigger SGs tend to break down by time zone/preferred activity/similar sense of humor/etc) 

I have PUGged a LOT in my mostly CoH/V MMORPG experiences.  A LOT.  In the last year I have found Cosmic Council on Excelsior to be an excellent source of quality people to game and hang with.  And badge.  Danged, do they badge lol.  badges are easier with a coordinated group, preferably on Discord or something similar.  Yes, you can PUG badge.  It is just way easier when you are dialed in as a real team.  

certain badges are difficult to get because ANYBODY on the league/team that screws up ruins it for everyone.  "Avoids the Green" Keyes.  Sigh.  Other badges require very strict coordination. "Bunker Buster" again, keyes.  Although killing AVs at same time in certain specific spots is a pain too.  Others, just try enough times and you will get, if you PUG enough.  Trust me I know lol.  Even the badge for weapon caches and containment chambers in Lambda will drop organically sooner or later as long as League does both sides.  Sooner or later it just happens.

i have found the longer and more complicated a TF/Trial the less likely it is to find qualified people just willing to "wing it."  If they want the badge they tend to organize in advance rather than leave their time investment/reward return up to chance.

image.thumb.png.edc9b8dbe7d233f6b3c65be01f2d496c.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zhym said:

While is true there is a focus on the Winter Event, I have seen plenty of open calls for different difficulties of ASF in LFG in the last week (including some for badges, many more specialized folks already got them, so their experience will start seeping into the other factions), sg's also have gotten their go at it, and groups are made on some of the custom channels (seen them on discord too),just a matter of being around long enough to catch one run, eventually the seasonal focus is going to shift as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

20 hours ago, PapaSlade said:

So I was on this team with Warpact last weekend and we had our usual core group of 4 all playing characters we feel pretty comfortable and competent on.  I openly admit we went in a bit blind and cranked it up a notch or two and said lets see what happens.  That 5 hours and 89 deaths was the result.  I was definitely cranky by the end.  I can deal with the slpody baddies and death patches.  I still have the reflexes at almost 52 years old to react and get away.  The spike damage from the mobs is what really started to annoy me.  I have always been more comfortable with resistance based armor sets and this thing seemed designed to make me useless.   Constantly getting killed while watching the animation on my initial strike.  I do not mind getting defeated.  I just like to go down fighting.  This did not feel like I had a chance to do that.  That entire first run made me feel like a minion level NPC.

I have no doubt our next runs will be much better but I am not sure I am going to enjoy this much in the long run on the majority of my characters.

Whenever despair and regret are felt in ASF, a @Cobalt Arachne earns her wings (probably demon ones). That said, once you get the hang of it, the mobs are not that scary anymore and you know how to manage yourself to not get screwed too much, it is the mechanics shock at firs that feels deterring, we are too used to all the pluses we have to steamroll over most of the content in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

The initial new things to do has people running all over the place trying to grab this badge and that.   Then the Winter Event came out a week later so more badging.  Once everyone gets their badges it'll be back to what normal play dictates someone's whims for the day.  Aeon will get good runs while it's the weekly for sure.  

I'm really enjoying this fresh new content so for my part I've been trying to organize runs quite a bit, at least until @Oklahoman takes over.  The variety in the difficulty levels is really well done.  I like to PUG Vicious runs, sure they're a bit tougher than easy mode but much more rewarding and not much harder than running 54 Carnies.  If I'm PUG'ing I'll at least have a look at the team dynamic by the time it is built to see if I need to hop to my Dom or Tank to get us through it safe.  Relentless runs yes you'll want to be real coordinated and willing to devote that time.  

I was on a PUG easy run that took us 35 minutes to complete.  Then there was a coordinated Relentless run where we even fought the special Vanguard fight that I got in on and it took us 52 minutes.  Then most other Relentless runs that I've been organizing to introduce people to this will typically take 2-3 hours depending on the team composition and if they want to fight the special Vanguard.  There's a variety of factors but PUG'ing a Vicious is just about right which would typically take about an hour once everyone has it down.  

They really knocked it out of the park with this one.  The floor is still the same old floor and the variety of step up in difficulty selection really impacts your experience.  This is so very well finely tuned and has me excited for what else they have cooking.  I'm doing my part though to get people familiar.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Mezmera said:

The initial new things to do has people running all over the place trying to grab this badge and that.   Then the Winter Event came out a week later so more badging.  Once everyone gets their badges it'll be back to what normal play dictates someone's whims for the day.  Aeon will get good runs while it's the weekly for sure.  

I'm really enjoying this fresh new content so for my part I've been trying to organize runs quite a bit, at least until @Oklahoman takes over.  The variety in the difficulty levels is really well done.  I like to PUG Vicious runs, sure they're a bit tougher than easy mode but much more rewarding and not much harder than running 54 Carnies.  If I'm PUG'ing I'll at least have a look at the team dynamic by the time it is built to see if I need to hop to my Dom or Tank to get us through it safe.  Relentless runs yes you'll want to be real coordinated and willing to devote that time.  

I was on a PUG easy run that took us 35 minutes to complete.  Then there was a coordinated Relentless run where we even fought the special Vanguard fight that I got in on and it took us 52 minutes.  Then most other Relentless runs that I've been organizing to introduce people to this will typically take 2-3 hours depending on the team composition and if they want to fight the special Vanguard.  There's a variety of factors but PUG'ing a Vicious is just about right which would typically take about an hour once everyone has it down.  

They really knocked it out of the park with this one.  The floor is still the same old floor and the variety of step up in difficulty selection really impacts your experience.  This is so very well finely tuned and has me excited for what else they have cooking.  I'm doing my part though to get people familiar.  

Times have really gone down a lot from the beginning, thanks to the people braving the run and sharing their knowledge, I imagine deaths will too, the new challenge modes added a much needed spice that encourages team play and a more diverse team, looking forward to it being applied to other content eventually.

1 hour ago, Albion said:

Times have really gone down a lot from the beginning, thanks to the people braving the run and sharing their knowledge, I imagine deaths will too, the new challenge modes added a much needed spice that encourages team play and a more diverse team, looking forward to it being applied to other content eventually.

Yeah they'll get to the point that it's no longer than the MLTF or LRSF eventually.  Heck I did a speedy with some berserkers last night in 20 minutes getting incan'd as soon as I load the map.  The harder stuff it's making you learn to pay attention more to things while you're playing which will only improve the quality of the player eventually.  

The deaths are still going to come though.  I was on my tank last night when a brickernaut started exploding, I texted in chat to move on the 8 count and got out of the way, then watched as like four teammates just kept mashing their buttons.  That's why you move, it's fun watching players in scrapperlock learning to keep on their toes.  Then when I'm on my dom it's fun to watch everyone scatter not knowing that I for certain have those guys confused.  I do put that disclaimer in there that I can't always get them all confused in time if there's multiple so best practice is to at least brace yourself.  

You're right diverse teams really help on these and much more so on Relentless.  A max stealth tper is priceless in this.  I have Incan on most of the main characters I will use just to speed things up if I feel we should but right now I'm kind of letting people get the sights and sounds before we go shortcutting this new stuff.  

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 5:30 PM, Linea said:

Linea 801 Difficulty Ratings for the ASF

If you want something challenging without AVs, the following are my 801 equivalentcy ratings for the ASF.

• Villainous - 801.2 - ( 2/15)
  • Malicious - 801.5 - ( 5/15)
  • Vicious__ - 801.7 - ( 7/15)
  • Ruthless - 801.A - (10/15)
  • Relentless - 801.D - (13/15)

For what it's worth, this seems almost exactly right on the low end to me. I've been through up to 801.2 4/8 and don't feel confident about higher runs; last time I checked on a pylon, I believe my DPS was in the range you specified for Villainous, which was in fact the difficulty I finished over the weekend (with one death, but it's clearly avoidable on future runs). That doesn't make me feel good about the possibilities for soloing Malicious, but we'll see!

• Thumbs Up 1

So, Relentless AVs.  I strongly suggest you take along some -regen and +to-hit.

Duoed a bit with a tank, just to see how things would go.   When my scrapper armor wasn't completely sealed up, I was one-shot fodder.  I could clear the first mission solo with great duress.  Duo with the tank it was cake.  The tank had more or less the same comments, but a tiny bit less duress.

There's a really cute EB under the stairs in the final room of the first mission.  It's worth it to kill him once on Relentless.  I soloed him, but he put a nice dent in my head.  He's definitely harder than the actual boss.  Fun though.

Fire Pit AV:

When our pets where up, and buffs where up, we hit 95%.  When the pets where down, this varied from .2 to .95.  Call it .5 average 50/50 with .95 average.  I'm not sure what the AV regen is, but I'm assuming it's 'normal' 125 ish.  Also, given the duress, both builds are putting out less than optimal dps.  I normally run 400 dps, and I'm going to give the tank 185 dps, since I don't know his dps, but that should be a decent average T4 tank.  When the pets were down we more or less broke even or gained a little ground. Pets up we took out a nice big chunk.  But you have to do this multiple times as adds spawn.  Overall, I call it 2 to 3 hours total to take out this AV and Adds.  So, call it 125 applied dps.

• 125 dps / .48 for level shifts / .75 for resistances ...
  • AV Defense. ArgH!  avg(.5,.95) ~= .72
  • Pets up 585 * .48 * .75 ~= 200 dps
  • pets down 200 * .7 = 140 dps
  • Adjust for duress and non optimal dps by .9  ... or even .8
  • 140 * .9 ~= 125 dps

So ... without -regen or +tohit, but with pets that buff +tohit ... you need to bring 125 / .48 / .75 / .72 / .9 ...  ~= lets call it 650 dps so you don't have to be there all day.  And this can get astronomically worse if you have no +to-hit at all.  So for brute force, 3 of us instead of 2, and bringing 1 more copy of tactics.   Likely better results with a Tank and an Armored Illusion/Rad.

with +tohit you can probably manage with 485 dps.  You should probably plan on at least some +to-hit.  -defense is not terribly effective vs +4 AVs, hence +to-hit.

with -regen, you can manage with 15 dps.   You probably want the -regen. 😜

Anyway, had fun throwing myself at Relentless Leroy Style.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nemu said:

Doing a MO run on a PuG with 2-3 scrubs really throws a wrench or 50 into our plans for success.

Pun aside, MO pug is quite the emotional trip, and communication is an absolute need, yesterday we ended up six, abandoned by the lead, managed to become Becky's BFF at least.