Survivable toons for the new Aeon SF

Meknomancer

6 hours ago, nihilii said:

Out of AVs / special encounters, it seems mostly standard mezzes.

I'm currently multiboxing it on Relentless, with characters without Fear/Confuse protection; which gives me a lot of time in between faceplants to contemplate what kills me. Usually, it comes down to stacked buffs and debuffs - or the Goldbricker boss explosion, which seems to kill even a Tanker at the HP cap.

Golden Brickernaut's explosion does three ticks of damage... one for about 30,000 damage, another for about 5,000, and a third for about 5,000.  No one is surviving that. :P

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Golden Brickernaut's explosion does three ticks of damage... one for about 30,000 damage, another for about 5,000, and a third for about 5,000.  No one is surviving that. 😛

Holy shizz 

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Been testing toons on standard for some reason i was trying for a full 8 man team and it was ofc taking forever. DB/Bio was a doddle, ill/dark was great til i hit the blockades and then got humped a couple of times because i got impatient waiting for the mobs to gather 😛 but finished it the fastest (not much of a challenge with a perma PA toon i know) . Still convinced elec blast is the way to go regardless of rep, mobs are drained within the power boosted short circuit/lightning ball/thunderous blast attacks which means you don't have to worry about mez/debuffs as long as you take out the smelters before you get taunted the fights over pretty fast. Without power boost its still pretty quick if you are running lightning field on blaster/sent or the controller/domi conductive. Pre-emptive interface is actually useful on this tf. Ran through a few pugs, slow going with controllers but they make it so easy with all the buffs and debuffs they have its great to see content where they shine again. Starting to think relentless settings will benefit from having a good variety of AT's and power sets more so than other content although i'd be interested to see some all mastermind ones i wonder how long pets will last if brickers start nuking. How long til we see all blaster/tanker runs.

• Like 1

I have only done this SF a couple of times but I keep hearing about the resistance debuff is a major thing. I was wondering if resistance buffs would help? Or is the resistance debuff so great that no amount of buffs would help. 

This of course leads to what would be the best team resistance buffer, from a quick look see I think it's a Sonic Defender, thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Meknomancer said:

I'm starting to think the same, been doing a lot of badge runs set on malicous rep and while tank/brutes seem ok every other AT seems to be in need of some help. Going to respec a sonic fender and test it out but i'm quite tempted to make an elec/sonic corr. 

My Ill/Traps troller did better than anyone on my team.

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Turns out fire/nrg/mace blaster is great for relentless, i skipped all the melee so i'm only there for nova and you can kite that. 2 deaths 1 totally my own fault. Great tank and buffers made it pretty easy for me as long as i never stood still. That dimensional disruption was the biggest pain giving them time to immob me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just following the tank, and having a good mix of buffs and leadership toggles is enough survivability for general mobs.  In my observation, the things that kill people are not getting out of the exploding enemy radius and/or other types of not yet understanding the fight mechanics.  IMHO, build requirements aren't very tight.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 12/4/2021 at 2:01 PM, The_Warpact said:

Holy shizz 

Yes. This is where it helps to PAY ATTENTION to chat. You can shout at someone only so many time sin chat, but if they are totally ignoring it, expect them to drive your death count massively.

ASF is heavy on coordination. Ignoring chat just gets you killed. Effective coordination gets you through in good shape.

1 hour ago, Hew said:

Yes. This is where it helps to PAY ATTENTION to chat. You can shout at someone only so many time sin chat, but if they are totally ignoring it, expect them to drive your death count massively.

ASF is heavy on coordination. Ignoring chat just gets you killed. Effective coordination gets you through in good shape.

I only team with my VG and we are on voice chat so all good there. 

2 hours ago, Hew said:

Taunt. Certain places a confuse. Nothing hurts worse than a confused someone launching a judgement or two.

I finally got around to doing one yesterday, though I was on a /Willpower character.  But amusingly(?) I ended up having to deal with both of those at once!  There was a situation where the tank kept getting Confused against Ripplesurge while taunting, so I had to spend half that fight limited to a PBAoE because I was being forced to attack a teammate I couldn't actually attack.

Got the badge for that fight on my maiden run, though, so can't complain too much.

On 12/14/2021 at 8:08 AM, Apparition said:

As someone with a Water/FF Corruptor... nope.  Teams would still much rather have Cold instead. :classic_tongue:

Because (warning tangent):

• Benumb
  • Sleet
  • Heat Loss
  • And other buffs/debuffs

vs

• AoE mez protection bubble
  • AoE kd + (unreliable mag 2 stun)
  • Detention Field (single target)

Did I miss anything?

10 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Did I miss anything?

I normally don't need to use this power at all, but when I ran ASF on Relentless, I had to keep Frostwork up on the tank during the AV fights (particularly the 12 Vanguard AVs).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

2 hours ago, Uun said:

I normally don't need to use this power at all, but when I ran ASF on Relentless, I had to keep Frostwork up on the tank during the AV fights (particularly the 12 Vanguard AVs).

👍 I sort of stopped at 3 a piece but yes Frostwork is another tool for Cold.   Several of the streams I've watched I could see the Cold doing just that as a reactive Heal after a big hit landed.  Looking at it, it really boils down to what helps vs AVs and the like at the higher end difficulties.  FF really lacks for any tools to help vs an AV other than its defense buffs.  Perhaps boot a Brickernaut into orbit so they explode over there or maybe Detention Field would shut it down but ...

On 12/4/2021 at 11:41 AM, Apparition said:

Golden Brickernaut's explosion does three ticks of damage... one for about 30,000 damage, another for about 5,000, and a third for about 5,000.  No one is surviving that. 😛

A tank with max HP, appropriate resistances at 90% and a heal should if quick with the heal.

7 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

A tank with max HP, appropriate resistances at 90% and a heal should if quick with the heal.

With fast reflexes in order to heal between tics of damage ... maybe.  Even with 90% off that's still 4000 = (3000+500+500) damage which is over the hit point cap for Tankers (and Brutes).  And you'll need to survive that first 3000 damage which means having somewhere in the neighborhood of +1200 in max health bonuses (Dull Pain, set bonuses, etc.) and or lots of absorb and or be at full health for the one shot rule to save you so the incoming heal can save you.  Doable yes, but also a ton of maybe involved.

Pretty much @Shred Monkeynailed it.  Situational awareness, movement and teammates.  Namely a Tanker with a reasonable, normal build using his wits and buffed by teammates should have no issues the vast majority of the time (provided said teammates are also not asleep).

Edited by Doomguide2005

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=v_goldbrickers.golden_brickernaut_hm.brickernaut_selfdestruction&at=boss_elite

I'm just guessing at the interpretation, but .... Part of it is flagged ignore resistance.

Looks like 13k, 20k, 20k, 20k?, 13k, with 40k+ ignoring resistance.  Not sure if that's 3 ticks or only 2.  Really doesn't matter, you're gonna be dead a dozen times over.

As for what can survive, all my 801 builds have done 'well enough' so far.  But I'm also still testing.  Verdict is still out.

Edited by Linea
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

9 minutes ago, Linea said:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=v_goldbrickers.golden_brickernaut_hm.brickernaut_selfdestruction&at=boss_elite

I'm just guessing at the interpretation, but .... Part of it is flagged ignore resistance.

Looks like 13k, 20k, 20k, 20k?, 13k, with 40k+ ignoring resistance.  Not sure if that's 3 ticks or only 2.  Really doesn't matter, you're gonna be dead a dozen times over.

As for what can survive, all my 801 builds have done 'well enough' so far.  But I'm also still testing.  Verdict is still out.

How do you feel Stone Armor is stacking up next to your Shield/Invuln/SR builds for Tankers? Think it can hang with them?

Edited by StriderIV

8 minutes ago, Linea said:

Lol, yeah anyone of those getting through unresisted and 🥞