Avalanche + Frozen Aura

Erinyx

Does anyone know if the proc from the Avalanche set (chance to knock down) plays nicely with the sleep effect in Frozen Aura?  I've been working on an Ice Stalker, and am thinking the Sleep will be really useful in preventing runners, especially with the new auto-hit function.  But if it's going to be immediately broken from a proc trigger, it might be better to use the other parts of the set in Frozen Aura instead.

Not really. I believe KD will break sleep. Frozen Aura should have 5 purple IOs, with last slot reserved for 1 of 3 procs; DMG, res debuff, or heal procs. I personally love heal proc. I didn't test it thoroughly, but it feels pretty much a guaranteed heal.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chargestone said:

Not really. I believe KD will break sleep. Frozen Aura should have 5 purple IOs, with last slot reserved for 1 of 3 procs; DMG, res debuff, or heal procs. I personally love heal proc. I didn't test it thoroughly, but it feels pretty much a guaranteed heal.

Thanks.  I know KD would break sleeps, but thought maybe if it KD-ed first and then did the sleep it would be okay.  But since I have no experience with Frozen Aura yet, I wasn't sure how it all interacted, so it's good to know how it works.

I'm not really interested in the alternative slotting because with Willpower as my secondary, the Avalanche set bonuses are too nice to ignore (lets me soft-cap Smash/Lethal defense, and gives slow protection, since WP is lame when debuffs hit), plus purples are no good until 50, and I'm taking my time leveling!  It's worth keeping in mind for other builds or characters though I guess.

• Sad 1

I have a KD in mine, but I also run a Damage Aura, Icicles, so the sleep is useless for me even with the auto hit. So I couldn't say one way or the other if it interrupts the sleep. I was under the impression that only damage interrupts sleep.

• 2 weeks later