I Am Now a "Worthy Opponent"

Aurora_Girl

After 2 hours, and 163 deaths, I make the following suggestion:

Change the badge title to "Eat a Dick, Zeus."

All y'all complaining about Aeon SF and Master of runs taking incarnates away...CLUTCH YOUR SET BONII DEAR TO YOUR HEART LIKE YOUR OWN CHILDREN. PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU. 

• Haha 9

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

39 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Pulling with Nova might not be the optimal approach to every situation, AG.

Just a thought.

Fun fact: OG AG is currently level 6. 

I tanked this LRSF...On a savage/SR brute. 😛

Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

41 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Says someone who tanked Statesman like a pro Friday night. :classic_wink:

Im only as good a tank as the team i have behind me.

39 minutes ago, Anyad said:

Ahem??? with some help 😝

Unless Anyad is there,  then i stock up on greens.  

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Why do I keep seeing Aeon SF included or mentioned as taking away Incarnates.  In general it does no such thing as far as I know.  Is it a particular setting while doing it?  Other?

Reading the patch notes, ASF shouldn't be disabling incarnate powers.  Other "Master of..." challenges do however.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Just now, ZorkNemesis said:

Reading the patch notes, ASF shouldn't be disabling incarnate powers.  Other "Master of..." challenges do however.

Exactly which is why I was confused by folks in general seeming to indicate otherwise.  I mean I've now vicariously watched several streams where Incarnate powers were clearly being employed.  Hard to miss 4 Lore pets getting deployed by a 4 character team ... and "judgement" popping up. 😁

Why do I keep seeing Aeon SF included or mentioned as taking away Incarnates.  In general it does no such thing as far as I know.  Is it a particular setting while doing it?  Other?

Nothing about the ASF was in this thread. And no, nothing in the new challenge settings that currently only apply to the ASF has anything to do with incarnate stuff. 

Not a reply to anyone in particular but just some general thoughts.

Just have the team do a nuke and shivan run, not a bad walk down memory lane in and of itself.  One of the problems on the 2 runs that I've been on is that people run in, not gathering for buffs, thinking they can steamroll just like every other bit of content in the game.  Now if there's no proper team make up, no proper inspiration management, and teammates not fulfilling their roles... well then, good luck.

On the trip from Nerva back to Grandville I was on my fire/cold so I told the team to hold up, let me buff inside the mission, outside the mission (both in Nerva), after the TT takes us to Gville and then inside the last mission.  That gave us 4 sets ice shields for several minutes (except for myself).  These little things make a difference and something we don't normally think about.

FWIW in one of our runs we did the sleep trick.  Worked for a bit but then they all woke up and came running.

I enjoy the nostalgia, the challenge, the different way of thinking and the frustrations that come along with it.

Regards,

Dave

Truthfully if you want to go all 8 soloist style smashy smashy you probably can at Villainous.  It's the default and foes have no extra buffs or powers.  Correct me if wrong but it is possible to do a +4/×8 at Villainous.  You just can't do the reverse and knock Relentless, Ruthless or Vicious back down to -1/×8.  Correct? (*Goes back to Beta forums*)

The difference that might catch folks a bit unaware especially those who don't frequent these forums is how much it ramps up on the way to Relentless.  There is a much greater difficulty gap between Villainous and Relentless than -1/×8 and +4/×8 settings might imply to them.

Truthfully if you want to go all 8 soloist style smashy smashy you probably can at Villainous.  It's the default and foes have no extra buffs or powers.  Correct me if wrong but it is possible to do a +4/×8 at Villainous.  You just can't do the reverse and knock Relentless, Ruthless or Vicious back down to -1/×8.  Correct? (*Goes back to Beta forums*)

The difference that might catch folks a bit unaware especially those who don't frequent these forums is how much it ramps up on the way to Relentless.  There is a much greater difficulty gap between Villainous and Relentless than -1/×8 and +4/×8 settings might imply to them.

What's being referred to here is the old school LRSF.  The above options don't apply.

1 minute ago, fitzsimmons said:

What's being referred to here is the old school LRSF.  The above options don't apply.

I thought I was going crazy trying to figure out what was happening in this thread.

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

19 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

After 2 hours, and 163 deaths, I make the following suggestion:

Change the badge title to "Eat a Dick, Zeus."

It wasn't anywhere near as hard as I was expecting.  To be fair, I fired off the Chemical Burn and Biological Mutagens for the final fight, but I didn't even notice any temp pet powers being used.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

26 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

It wasn't anywhere near as hard as I was expecting.  To be fair, I fired off the Chemical Burn and Biological Mutagens for the final fight, but I didn't even notice any temp pet powers being used.

Not really sure what that has to do with my badge title suggestion, but cool brah. 

1 hour ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Not really sure what that has to do with my badge title suggestion, but cool brah. 

I was replying to the "After 2 hours, and 163 deaths" part.   😉

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.