Auras, Movement, and Headaches

termyt

This might be a big ask, I'm not sure how the game engine works, but I have an issue with auras when I'm flying.

Since most common power auras now have a "minimal fx" setting, I can mostly avoid the issue.

But when flying, whatever aura you have with any kind of trailing property flies straight at the camera.  It fills the screen with pulsating light obscuring everything else and giving me a splitting headache.  Afterburner used to be the worst - so I absolutely adore the minimal fx setting.

Would it be possible to just angle the GFX down instead of straight to the rear?  I can see how that could be extremely difficult if that's how the physics work, but it would be fantastic, and I'd love to use more of the auras in the game.  But if you don't ask, you aren't likely to get.

Common problem/complaint. Suppress your fx.

/SuppressCloseFX 1

/SuppressCloseFXDist 30

First one enables (0 disables). Second one sets the distance at which you do NOT see your own FX. Adjust to suit.

UPDATED: v4.10 Technical Guide (27p7)... 158 pages of complete, comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Or you can do what I do, fly, then slightly aim down while holding the space bar. Works like a charm. You get to keep the aura and the trail without your camera being filled with effects. I prefer to fly this way anyway, since for whatever stupid reason, this game thinks our characters need to fly in an upright position instead of facing flat with the direction you are traveling...it's a double bonus and the Devs don't have to do a thing.

6 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Or you can do what I do, fly, then slightly aim down while holding the space bar. Works like a charm. You get to keep the aura and the trail without your camera being filled with effects. I prefer to fly this way anyway, since for whatever stupid reason, this game thinks our characters need to fly in an upright position instead of facing flat with the direction you are traveling...it's a double bonus and the Devs don't have to do a thing.

... doesn't Hover force that pose? Granted, it's taking another power if you don't have it... Maybe put it (and the yoga pose) as new flypose options...

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.