Who else did it? Who else remade their main?

Remade my main (my namesake) -  MA/Regen and she is my first to get to 50.  Don't think I will futz with Incarnate stuff on her anytime soon.

Also re-rolled Jade Star who was an EMP/Rad Blast defender to a Fire/Energy blaster - much more fun to play :)

First thing I did was remake my main, if for no other reason than to secure the name. 

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

• 1 year later

Heraclea was made the first day Homecoming went live.  Not exactly as she was on Victory; Victory H was Inv/SS, HC is Inv/DM, and it seems I chose wisely.  All I knew at the time was that Inv/DM was tankier.  Not many of my HC characters are direct remakes of Victory characters.  I had been stewing over too many character concepts in the intervening years.  Some are, but there are many more new ones. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I remade my main and one alt. The rest of my (fairly small) stable of characters on Homecoming are fresh starts, although there is one more alt I occasionally consider remaking.

First thing I did when I got Homecoming working on my computer, was remake two of my mains from Live, the ones I had going at shutdown. Enraptor, my redside Bio/MA tanker, and Clashdance, blueside KM/SR scrapper. I remade them perfectly, their images seared into my mind over the last eight years. Neither made it to 50 on live.

. . . and they still haven't. After making them, they proceeded to sit unused on my character page, as new ideas and characters consumed my time. In the last several months, they've made it to 8 and 7, respectively. I feel a little bad ignoring them so much, and still intend to get both to 50.

Someday. . .

• Like 1

I remade all the first 10 of my Guardian Server characters.   

I got 8 of the 10 names as-was, too.  2 required slight renaming.

Although, the character that was my Fire/Thermal Corruptor on Guardian server, was reborn here as a Fire/Fire Sentinel.  I'd really wanted a Sentinel back in live but they didn't exist... I wanted him to be tough, made of living steel and fire, but I didn't want him to be summoning Fire Swords in melee. So in live I had to choose between Brute and Corruptor and ultimately chose Corr.  Here... I remade him as what he was always supposed to be. Fire Blast/Fire Armor.

I remade my main of course, mainly to get my name. But I switched from Ill/Storm to Ill/Dark which suited her concept better. Once nice thing was that I'd archived my original CoH folder at some point so my costumes still existed, so I was able to reuse those too. 

I also reused the name Echinoderm as the idea of a crime fighting Sea Urchin wouldn't go away. But they moved from an Ice/Thorns domi to a Bio/Spines tank which suits them much better

After that I rerolled some sets but the names pretty much changed everywhere.

Edited by Carnifax

First toon was my main from live, to get the global handle.

All the rest of my 25 toons from live have been remade to get the names (with the same powersets apart from my Demons/Pain who's now Demons/Thermal).  I have about three or four toons that were not on live, but I'm still mostly in rebuild mode.  Only taken a year so far 🙂

Edited by Li_Sensei

I did not. I had two level 50's back in the day, and I am letting them rest. I might make new toons with the same powersets someday, but not yet. I did remake a handful of toons that I didn't get to play with enough, though. 

8 of my first 9 characters, and 9 of the first 12 were remakes of lvl 50 characters from Live. Well, some of them approximately, such as the Emp/Elec Defender got remade as an Elec/Emp Corrupter. Although I noticed that only 6 of the 9 did I use the same name.

I'm one of the few who didn't remake their characters from live, it seems. 

Sure, I missed them, and I thought about it the minute I found out these servers existed, but then I thought to myself "I've already played these characters. I know them inside and out. I want to try something different!"

So, in my own personal "head-canon" for my characters, years have passed and all of them have either been defeated, lost their powers, or are otherwise retired. My entire roster now is completely new characters and combos I've never played before. Some of them might be related to the old characters in their backstories, but beyond that, I saw Homecoming as a chance to start fresh and new. 

That, and... well, I started playing this game when I was really young, and looking back at the characters I made, particularly the names I gave them... I had some really dumb ideas that I thought were best left forgotten. I had a controller literally named "Shitaki Caster." Yes, he was named after a mushroom. No, he didn't have mushroom powers. And no, I don't know what I was thinking back then either. 😛

Edited by GastlyGibus

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

I did not, and will not remake my original namesake for any reason under the same vein that I no longer use that same moniker online. I did have one character I spent an insane amount of time on that I recreated to be the "Head of House" for my personal SG, but once he hit 50 he's never been on a team since and only exists for base creation/design.

It just didn't feel right to bring many of them back as that chapter is closed and it felt too much like opening an old wound.

Not only recreated all of them I remembered, but (as on Live) many p&p Champions characters who were unfortunately orphaned after we all got out of college and into Real LifeTM.*

*A game which is highly overrated, IMHO. I keep gaining XP, but I never seem to level! Plus, the graphics kind of suck...

• Haha 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I saved out all my characters costumes and custom powerset colorations before shutdown and saved them to an external HDD. Made recreating them pretty easy. I still have my original installation folder from Live actually.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

These are a gallery of Heracleas from different games including the original Victory version from City of Heroes.  The one that went farthest is the Age of Conan version who eventually had Thoth-Amon on farm.  Not shown are versions from SWTOR, Elder Scrolls Online, or GW2.  In fact the only game where I didn't make a Heraclea my first character was LOTRO, where I really couldn't fit her into the lore.  There, I made my first character Samhall Gaolster, a burglar that I wanted to play as an evil hobbit.  That didn't work either.spacer.png

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

12 hours ago, GastlyGibus said:

I'm one of the few who didn't remake their characters from live, it seems. 

Sure, I missed them, and I thought about it the minute I found out these servers existed, but then I thought to myself "I've already played these characters. I know them inside and out. I want to try something different!"

So, in my own personal "head-canon" for my characters, years have passed and all of them have either been defeated, lost their powers, or are otherwise retired. My entire roster now is completely new characters and combos I've never played before. Some of them might be related to the old characters in their backstories, but beyond that, I saw Homecoming as a chance to start fresh and new. 

That, and... well, I started playing this game when I was really young, and looking back at the characters I made, particularly the names I gave them... I had some really dumb ideas that I thought were best left forgotten. I had a controller literally named "Shitaki Caster." Yes, he was named after a mushroom. No, he didn't have mushroom powers. And no, I don't know what I was thinking back then either. 😛

Ahem. Shitaki Caster - Illusion/Nature

Mushrooms and hallucination... 

• Haha 2