Who else did it? Who else remade their main?

I didn’t remake mine immediately, however, mine initially switched from Tanker to Brute. Once Captain Powerhouse adjusted Tankers, I move to that AT and never looked back.

Edited by Myrmidon

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Sort of. My main from live was Reep the Barbarian, an edgelord BS/Dark scrapper who belonged to a different time of my life and to toxic communities I could have done without. He now exists as a Warshade called Eidolon, who's nictus parasite has totally consumed the life of the host. The original outfit is there as an alternative, but he and I have both moved on.

Similarly, my main villain swapped from an ancient Pharaoh Dark/Fire Brute called Naazkorath to a more modern, immortal, mummified crimelord called Mister Grim, now a Thugs/Time Mastermind. He was still Naazkorath in his original life, but has had many high society identities across time. (I now know that Naazkorath isn't actually a possible name in ancient Egyptian, and if it were possible it wouldn't belong to a Pharaoh) I haven't remade that costume yet as an alternative; I really ought to.

My new main is Hawkmoth, a DP/SR Sentinel. She was (I think) a DP/Devices Blaster with a slightly different name on live, who became my main in Champions Online. She has a more fun, cocky personality than my previous mains, is more humble in her ambitions and feels like she belongs better to the city.

Edited by Lines
  • Like 1

I rebooted my top characters from live. My original character was a tech themed Merc/FF mastermind, and while the AT and general headcanon appealed to me, I remade and renamed him into a Bots/Cold MM. A huge part of that was the desire to be able to solo all content and also the years of annoyance at just how underpowered my Merc/FF was. I am not sure I could have stumbled upon a less-damaging combination of powersets for a MM. Shrikefire (I don't really even know the naming convention I was going for, but all my characters ended up with some variation of the name Shrike) became Ymir Zero. I also am a dad now with young kids and a lot of my internal backstory for Ymir Zero revolves around fatherhood. The costume is slightly influenced by my first ever costume but overall I think the character is basically a total improvement in concept and execution.

My other top characters were a SS/invuln brute and a spines/regen scrapper. I always thought to myself on live that if they put regen on a brute, i'd roll an em/regen brute in a heartbeat. This may have been a good idea in 2008, but after the ET nerf it lost its luster. I ended up making a SS/Regen brute, which I really enjoy even though /regen is not as good as many other sets with IOs. I named him Night Shrike in a nod to my original name. Otherwise he doesn't really bear any resemblance to either character he is inspired by.

After that, I have 3 pages of alts and I don't think a single one of them really references one of my many toons from live. I did have a spines/wp stalker that I liked who I suppose influenced my spines/bio stalker, but I can't even remember that spines/wp's name at the moment. Other toons I remember really liking were a fire/kin corr, an ice/em blaster, a night widow. Haven't remade any of those (yet!).

Not going to lie. Of course.

First thing i did was re-make ML, Stone Gargoyle, Mandate, and Bikini Atoll.

" Reporting for Duty Sweetheart!." - Dropping My Knitting To Buff You Whilst Hitting! - Proudly Protecting Paragons Little Ones Since 2005.

" Wow! - You're like a Hot Yoda!.... only taller! "  - Soul Stalker.
" I knew there was Evil under that All-American girl persona! " -
RockJaw.

" Hey! - Aren't you that roleplayer that says 'up you get' all the time? " - funny (unconscious) generic hero 01.

I made my main from live. While the name is the same and he looks the same his secondary is different because I never really liked devices on live so this time around I went tactical arrow as Hawkeye is my favorite avenger. However I was unaware at the time how they changed the blaster secondaries with the sustains and all that so I may actually like devices if I went back to it but I’ve gotten  to love Agent R22 as he is now. And since he is now currently at Vet level 23 I’m not changing him anytime soon. 

I've remade about a third of the characters I had on live, including Pakfront, the AR/EM Blaster that was the first character I created, on May 8, 2004, and who was in the bowl in the middle of a msr when the servers were shut down, part of a group that were going to go out as if the shutdown wasn't going to happen. Most of them are somewhat different in build, mainly due to the greater availability of enhancement sets, which changed some of the priorities for slotting and power picks, but I've tried to keep them visually the same.

I grabbed my new mains name first, then I remade my old villain and hero mains. After that I remade all the old alts that actually survived past level 10ish. That feeling when you see them again. Its like an old friend returning.

My very first CoH Character is not longer a good playable option. I don‘t think an Empathie Defender would be very much fun to level and play in the endgame. 

But my other mains are back. A Thug/Dark MM called MaBaker and a Fire/Kin Controller called Pyro Storm (original name Pyroklast) are back. 

A troll tanker (Invul/SS) with the name of Rufus the Troll is also back. I never got far with this one back in the days. The Servers were shutting down sadly. 

Beside that, I have the usual Spine/Fire Brute. I had a scrapper in early years with the same concept, but I switched to brute on Homecoming - someone has to pay the bills after all 😉 

Remande both Bale Fire and Panda  in all their variations

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

I rebirthed my DM/Regen Scrapper (my story-mode character) to a Brute, but my DM/Shield and ElM/Shield Scrappers have either been recreated or in process. They were jumped in line by my desire to create a PB with all the updates and KB->KD IO availability.

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

Much better question to ask:

Who did NOT remake their main, or, any old characters?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

1 hour ago, Zep said:

Much better question to ask:

Who did NOT remake their main, or, any old characters?

I did not, and will not remake my main.  I may reuse her name eventually.  I did remake my fav scrapper but changed her secondary cuz someone nerfed regen 😢

I immediately remade all my old mains from live. I have found, however, I've been having more fun playing new characters. Only two of my old mains have made it back to 50: one was a fluke and the other was redone with a different power set.

Maybe it is because the old mains already made it to 50 once back on live. They have nothing to prove on HC.

I wonder when a remade is still a remade, if :

• I change their AT because I want to play another type.
  • Then, I alter their costume because the old ones are outdated. 
  • Including their body proportions because 8 years ago I made my heroine broad shouldered and very long legged.
  • I rewrite their origin story because this happens in alternate universe (Reunion vs. Union).
  • I rename them too.

(but I promise these people are my old characters' counterparts from Union Universe)

• Haha 2

For me a rebuild is exactly the same name and same primary/secondary.

My main-main is 50 again but not yet tier 4 with his alpha.

in the old COH I had 4 servers maxed out for characters and only ever got 3 to 50. My first 50 is again 50, my second new 50, is a guy I had wished I'd gotten to 50 the first time.

My soon to be 3rd 50 is also a remake -- that said I have plenty of other characters that are new ideas and new power sets.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I remade my Main Character. Though I gave him his OG Look and his new updated looks to celebrate his resurrection. Hes a Black Lizard Mastermind Rogue, Still leveling him back but sadly what I did to make his build was sadly lost and so I have to create a new build setup from scratch (Enhancements & Certain Abilities not tied to MM).

Edited by SonicMobian

Never really had mains, just alts. That being said...

I’ve recreated a few of my old 50s, but haven’t played them beyond Atlas Park. The only character from live that I recreated and played — to 50 even! — was my Peacebringer, Rhetorical. When the lights went out, that’s who I was on. 

I've got Grey Kestrel and Nemissary's names... but... Still haven't rebuilt them.

I'm really waffling on that point. I sort-of want to and I sort-of don't. Which is more wishy-washy on the subject than I was the first time I posted in this thread.

I *did* end up rebuilding one other old favorite, though. I have a new version of my "gentleman monster", Shonokin, over on Torch. Given how infrequently I play with him and how odd it feels to me when I do, I guess that probably doesn't bode well for any eventual v2 versions of Kes and Nem. But... yeah. Still debating. <_<   

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Out of my 10 50s from Live, I have recreated 3 exactly, & 3 with power set or AT changes:

Mister Mass - Inv/SS Tanker - same (but better!)

Gengetsu - DM/DA Stalker - same

American Aegis - MA/Shield Scrapper - same

Sound Byte - Sonic/Sonic Defender - was Sonic/Sonic Corruptor

Baron Wonder - Elec/Elec Brute - was SS/Elec Brute

Agent Buckeye - Archery/TacArrow Blaster - was TrickArrow/Archery Defender

At this point I have no plans to recreate any of my other characters from Live.  My plan is to get one of each AT to 50 before I start another character with the same AT, so most of my old characters will have to wait until that project is complete.  And given the fact that I level lock every 5 levels on each character in order to do all of the content on the alignment side of the character before advancing, it could be a long wait... 

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!