P2W Vendor: Level 50 Ticket (Cost: 20 Million Influence)

Just now, arcane said:

You just deleted the surrounding context that acknowledges the issues with that statement. Bit obvious don’t you think.

It seems to neatly sum up the entire faction's attitude that unlimited builds at no cost should be the whole of the law. But maybe I misunderstood.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

2 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

It seems to neatly sum up the entire faction's attitude that unlimited builds at no cost should be the whole of the law. But maybe I misunderstood.

I thought you were pointing out the irony in my statement (implying this game has any notable obstacles left to begin with). But now it sounds like you’re just agreeing with me? Clarity, brotato

1 hour ago, Aurora_Girl said:

The community and the devs and the GMs have gone. Over. This. Before. As Oklahoman wisely and succinctly showed you. It's a non-suggestion for insta-50s for a myriad of reasons. 

Just to be clear, you don't speak for me or for homecoming or for a lot of people.

Sure I don't agree with a free level 50 token.

But do I think there could be something, maybe. I'm not gonna stifle ideas or try to shout folks down. You get your o p i n i o n. I get mine, other folks get theirs. Let em toss ideas around.

It would be great if you'd stop trying to bully people who don't agree with you. ( especially if we are stoopid and maybe not as well informed ) just a sincere request.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

4 minutes ago, Troo said:

It would be great if you'd stop trying to bully people who don't agree with you. ( especially if we are stoopid and maybe not as well informed ) just a sincere request.

Oh please. She’s brash but incendiary accusations of ill intent/motive/etc like this are the wrong direction and no less aimed at stifling people than anything else.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, arcane said:

Oh please. She’s brash but incendiary accusations of ill intent/motive/etc like this are the wrong direction and no less aimed at stifling people than anything else.

True. But since reporting people to the mods hasn't gone their way lately they have no choice but to try to shame people by accusing them of "gatekeeping" and "white knighting" and "speaking for everyone" and etc etc etc.

They can't just argue their argument on the merits and leave it at that. They have to bully and/or shame people into agreeing with them, or else.

Mostly because they haven't realized yet that this isn't Twitter.

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

True. But since reporting people to the mods hasn't gone their way lately they have no choice but to try to shame people by accusing them of "gatekeeping" and "white knighting" and "speaking for everyone" and etc etc etc.

They can't just argue their argument on the merits and leave it at that. They have to bully and/or shame people into agreeing with them, or else.

Mostly because they haven't realized yet that this isn't Twitter.

Who are you talking about here? All the indefinite pronouns are confusing as all hell. 

Oh and for the record for those who don't know or are painting your responses differently because you assume I'm a woman...I'm not. 

So there's that. 😒

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

28 minutes ago, Parabola said:

Why is this thread still alive?

Someone keeps shocking it with the electrodes.

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, arcane said:

Oh please. She’s brash but incendiary accusations of ill intent/motive/etc

I'll agree to disagree. ( and I am being as polite as I can on the subject )

1 hour ago, Parabola said:

Why is this thread still alive?

Likely, some folks are new and haven't participated in previous discussions. Some folks would really like something, and some folks wanna bash on those folks..

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Are you just actively turning off reading comprehension or something?

The community and the devs and the GMs have gone. Over. This. Before. As Oklahoman wisely and succinctly showed you. It's a non-suggestion for insta-50s for a myriad of reasons. 

To my knowledge, there is no Dev post saying this topic is closed or is forbidden to discuss.  It's a non-suggestion for you and there's nothing wrong with that, just don't try and say it's that for everyone because it definitely isn't. 

5 hours ago, Troo said:

Just to be clear, you don't speak for me or for homecoming or for a lot of people.

^ What @Troo said.  Definitely isn't speaking for me neither. 

5 hours ago, Troo said:

Sure I don't agree with a free level 50 token.  But do I think there could be something, maybe.

I don't think it's really needed either, but I do agree there are a couple of ideas about it being some kind of an unlock instead of a straight inf cost are interesting and worth discussion.

5 hours ago, Troo said:

I'm not gonna stifle ideas or try to shout folks down. You get your o p i n i o n. I get mine, other folks get theirs. Let em toss ideas around.

Sadly, more and more this is what's happening on these forums and the forum mods here really don't seem to care or want to do anything about it.  There's a select few forumites (yes they do whiteknight and gatekeep regularly) who've taken it upon themselves to speak for everyone and/or for the Devs.  Anyone who disagrees with their point of view has to be shouted down and bullied.   It's a sad thing to see really.  It doesn't foster any sense of community at all. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I mean, I don't believe I've seen anything get a dev response in here in general. The Suggestions & Feedback forum is the red-headed stepchild.

On the hand of 'speak for everyone and/or the devs', it's really down to wording and how one comes off. I'm sure (I could be wrong!) it's not intended, but it happens.

Anyway, /jranger? /jranger.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

8 hours ago, Troo said:

Likely, some folks are new and haven't participated in previous discussions. Some folks would really like something, and some folks wanna bash on those folks..

Oh I totally agree that these discussions should be encouraged regardless of whether they've been had before. They seem to quickly reach a point where side arguments and semi personal (or overtly personal) attacks replace any useful conversation directly related to the op though. My comment really was that this thread seems to have reached that point and I was surprised it was still going.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

I mean, I don't believe I've seen anything get a dev response in here in general.

There's a Dev response in this very thread - one that makes perfect sense btw...

11 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

On the hand of 'speak for everyone and/or the devs', it's really down to wording and how one comes off. I'm sure (I could be wrong!) it's not intended, but it happens.

Sure that can happen, however the same handful of people keep doing it despite being called out and questioned on it repeatedly.  Maybe it's just me, but that speaks to intent other than honest mistakes.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

I mean, I don't believe I've seen anything get a dev response in here in general. The Suggestions & Feedback forum is the red-headed stepchild.

The devs not posting here doesn't mean they don't read the suggestions though, and I can understand why they might be reluctant to comment. Any 'I like this idea' comment would be taken by some as a promise that everything else would be dropped while they worked on this new idea, and negative comments have to be handled carefully to avoid unnecessary drama. I'm sure the devs would love to shoot the breeze on here and kick ideas around but they are speaking from the position of authority and that means they can't really do that.

Level 50 Boost Token...

Isn't available to brand new players.

Maybe its like a T3/T4 incarnate recipe that involves threads/shards/purple incarnate salvage/merits/influence?

Problem is how would that be transferrable when incarnate components are soulbound and not account bound?

Trade some incarnate materials to Luna in Ouroboros to unlock a Lvl 50 Boost Token?

Full Reroll Retcon...

Is available to everyone. At almost any level. Let players play the character they want to play.

Edited by LightningDrone
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Sooooo the bottom line is some one with authority already said this is likely to NOT happen on Homecoming. But folks are still arguing about it. Not convicting the ones in charge or anyone else.

So a typcial Thursday. good to know.

Edited by golstat2003
  • Haha 2

On 12/1/2021 at 11:21 AM, LightningDrone said:

P2W Vendor: Level 50 Ticket (Cost: 20 Million Influence)

Go from level 1 to 50 rather instantly at the Pay To Win Vendor for 20 million influence.

Would it help substantially cut back on the number of new and veteran players begging for AFK door sitting spots on AE Farms?

Thanks,

Lightning Drone

Raise to 2 Billion and then MAYBE...I'll think about it for a few more seconds before saying No.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ukase said:

I'd personally like the inf cap raised to 1 trillion. But I have never, ever clamored for such. 

Well, you know, pretty soon you'd be talking about real money. 😄

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

18 hours ago, Wavicle said:

This is just flat out wrong.

I don't necessarily disagree since pretty much all the story content is pre-50.  That doesn't mean people can't have building up a 50 to exemplar down their preference for the end game.  It's just an opinion.  

12 hours ago, ZacKing said:

I don't necessarily disagree since pretty much all the story content is pre-50.  That doesn't mean people can't have building up a 50 to exemplar down their preference for the end game.  It's just an opinion.  

Of course. If people want to PL to 50 and then play that's their choice. It's not what I like to do, and I certainly don't recommend it for new players, but for long time players they should play how they like.

However, asking for a level 50 button is ridiculous and trying to justify that absurdity by claiming the real game is at 50 is also ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1