Beta powercust files

LKN-351

Everything seems to go to the same file folders as live but for some reason if you customize some powers in beta and save them the file doesn't show up in the live servers in-game file list.

Since everyone knows you can't see the power auras/armour stacked on top of each other in the character creator I've been going to the beta servers to see them together and then trying to use the file on the normal servers. It doesn't show up. Is there something I'm missing or do I need to copy them to another folder or what?

You can see all the costumes but not all the power customizations.

I don't know if I posted this in the wrong place or if it just doesn't make sense or if I'm the only one that has this issue so I suppose I'll give visual representation....

The PC files. When I save a custom powerset on beta I add "beta" to the name so I don't overwrite or missplace the file when I go back to live

184145950_mypc.thumb.png.8e8af3b5a398bf3f7445c3ec263ae6db.png

The in-game list on beta.

427918055_beta1.thumb.png.c1f17f721064003850a49df49a579498.png357615605_beta2.thumb.png.552755b2a4a15a752017fa6dab009032.png

and then the in-game list on the live server

1567973960_live1.thumb.png.688b6b94dd10efc0e4d93bfab4889d28.png2054523963_live2.thumb.png.0eb3b78ba45f2f734b6bad6e9b1b8312.png

Test server files are stored in a different directory from the live game files.  The two directories don't interact.  You have a test server directory set up somewhere.  Locate it and manually copy the files over.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

That would make sense but it doesn't explain why my live power customizations show up on beta. The only ones I made specifically on beta are the ones i added beta into the name. They're all in the same folder.

I did the same exact thing with the costume files with adding beta to the name when i saved it and they show up on live just the same as they do on beta.

If they're characters that you imported, then I Would expect to see server stored customizations to migrate.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• City Council

I just created a power cust on beta, then swapped to live and it was shown in the load dialog as expected.  Looking at the 3 screenshots I see a number of discrepancies that point to the 2 clients looking in different directories.  As a test, make a new folder inside your powercust folder, and move all of the files into it.  Do they still show up on either Beta or Live? If so then they are looking in different directories.  By default with the HCLauncher, this shouldn't happen.  If you are using Tequila to launch Beta or Live, and HCLauncher to Launch the other that would cause this, for instance.

I went to the game folder, created a new folder in the power cust folder, copied all the files into the new folder, logged in to beta and made all new files

logged out of beta and went to the live server and the beta powercust files showed up on the list and loaded up just fine.

So I went and deleted the old beta files and then copied all the files back into the folder with the beta powercust files and they all showed up on live and loaded just fine as well.

Odd.