Accuracy is crap.

Squeegle

@Luminara

image.gif.90b3dba3bf49284901fa154178d3574d.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

4 hours ago, Squeegle said:

So, I've been working on a beam rifle/bio sentinel. With TWO accuracy SOs AND Tactics I have less than a 50% accuracy during combat. It cannot hit white level mobs consistently.

While playing my Water/Martial Arts blaster that has RED DOs and does not have tactics (missions set currently at +2)....I can hit ANYTHING.

Copy-paste your combat log for each character, for a similar length of play and versus similar mobs, so we have an objective way of evaluating your claim...

Use that combat log thingy that i think carnifax made.  Puts all that into a graph and if its actually that bad at hitting stuff then u get to report the bug and get yourself a bug hunter badge.

Or there might be a different way to let people know......

9 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Use that combat log thingy that i think carnifax made.  Puts all that into a graph and if its actually that bad at hitting stuff then u get to report the bug and get yourself a bug hunter badge.

Keep in mind that's only really useful in a "something is actually broken" sense if you have a whole lot of entries. A few dozen - hell, even several hundred - entries may still not be enough to prove anything.

• Thumbs Up 3

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

I definitely get a Diamante vibe from this one, but here goes nothing:

Go ahead and monitor Attributes like your Accuracy Bonus and Last To-Hit Chance. I think you can also monitor your Base To-Hit as well.  I WISH that the last To-Hit ROLL was also a displayable attribute, but AFAIK that is only visible in the combat logs.

If you can see them through the tears, you'll have an idea if you are getting debuffed or fighting an opponent with serious debuffs. Depending on your power picks, if the last To-Hit chance was REALLY BAD, you may want to consider an action other than button mashing.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Squeegle said:

meh, deleting the sentinel since it can barely complete a mission its own level while the blaster mows through stuff +2 its level with a handicap.

accuracy is crap.

I'll just come out and say it. The others, bless their hearts have been too kind. 

If you look carefully, I think you'll find your Sentinel DOES hit the target. The problem is, it's a Sentinel, and it doesn't do any damage. 
So, yes, the proper course is to delete it and re-make it as a blaster. 

I'm sorry. None of the above is true - I'm just joking. I can resist anything but temptation, and it was too tempting to not crack that joke at the expense of the Sentinel. 
Serious question: are you using offensive adaptation? It should give a boost to accuracy. 

Log your Sent in, open combat attributes and go crazy in a mission. Use snip & sketch, (or equivalent) and show us when you've missed more than 3x in a row. Then, you'll have some basis for a legit bug. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Diantane....? Is that you? 🧐

Based on previous posts, Blasters needed to be buffed and Sents were where it was at. *cough*

• Haha 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

9 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

I mean ...

technically ...

+to-hit is where it's at. 😉

Edited 1 minute ago by InvaderStych

Literally beat me by 1 minute! All the cool kids are doing +to-hit!

Seriously, though, if you are indeed going to take good advice and monitor & log, I suggest you move combat log into it's own tab. Much cleaner that way.

And I have been disappointed with Sentinels, also. The slight boost to survivability isn't worth the hit to damage (and range!).

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

6 hours ago, Squeegle said:

So, I've been working on a beam rifle/bio sentinel. With TWO accuracy SOs AND Tactics I have less than a 50% accuracy during combat. It cannot hit white level mobs consistently.

I slot 2 accs as well, and I don't have that issue with my beam rifles, but I'm often running Leadership>Tactics as well.

Lot of people think that Leadership is a waste of slots, but it helps the whole team. 

Even if you only run with one other person it makes a big difference -- and it stacks!

SIDE NOTE :: People have been known to dis on Leadership>Assault but it increase the damage of ALL attack powers for everyone on your team. (plus you don't have to worry about slotting it!)

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

to-hit is calculated as to-hit score(baseline 75) and accuracy multiplied after, but you can get debuffed.  And sentinels are more likely to due to shorter range, it's a problem that being a longer ranged archtype can circumvent, and Sentinels are more likely to suffer it.

I rarely have to-hit problems with just 1 accuracy SO, tbh.  I only expect it when enemies are +4 to me(or +5 if joining a team on a leveling char).  I find also you can 'rig' against the to-hit checks a little by stalling an attack in an attack chain, simply use something else or just stop attacking for a half second, and odds are you might stop getting consecutively bad attack rolls.  It seems the RNG has a degree of clock-run mechanics in it alongside it's seed(if it has one, I suspect the RNG in this game is like Classic doom or Doom 2's RNG; runs more clock like).

I never had accuracy problems on my Beam/Bio Sentinel.  In fact, the only real problem I had was just not doing the damage to make having the extra survivability worth it.  She was insanely tough though.

My L50 BR/SR toon had some issues hitting from time to time. But, somehow, ol’ Gym Beam didn’t care either way. 

Libations matter.

• Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

8 hours ago, macskull said:

Keep in mind that's only really useful in a "something is actually broken" sense if you have a whole lot of entries. A few dozen - hell, even several hundred - entries may still not be enough to prove anything.

Absolutely true.  But our guy feels hes getting 50% hit rate and even 20 minutes of tracking should show otherwise.

• Lead Game Master

Well this went downhill quick.

Since OP is unwilling (and perhaps now unable) to post proof of their claims, and since half of you are content to make fun instead of be helpful (though Thank You to those who tried!), I'm just gonna lock this up.

@Squeegle, if you encounter issues like this in the future, please post evidence (preferably screenshots) in the bug report forum. Thank you.

Edited by GM Impervium
Typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!