Trying to decide a good secondary for Earth.....

JnEricsonx

I've been enjoying /Dev (L29 so far), even tho the seismic shockwaves don't play nicely with Field Operative's stealth or Trip Mines as I've very recently discovered. Might roll something else up as well to go for a more melee-ish guy. Blasters and I have never been friends so this is a pleasant surprise.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

16 hours ago, AxerJ said:

I kind of want to do Earth/Mind, but hard to turn away from Earth/Atomic's +recharge... gar.

Atomic's +Recharge requires foes to be near you. Are you planning on blapping?

Time's Recharge is always on, always at a fixed value.

16 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Atomic's +Recharge requires foes to be near you. Are you planning on blapping?

Time's Recharge is always on, always at a fixed value.

Metabolic Acceleration actually gives 20% recharge and Beta Decay gives 10% base plus 2.5% per enemy nearby. Time is comparable at 20 from Time Lord, but I'm just aesthetically not interested in time! Still trying to figure out the best-feeling secondary... Atomic may be the one - Beta Decay and Metabolic Acceleration can be made to look like earth/dust rumbling at the feet and orbiting around us... I wish Drain Psyche added recharge for every enemy drained!

Edited by AxerJ
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm running it with Time and I love the mix of control powers.  The Shockwaves are nice for using Time's area damage power with a little less risk, plus I am thinking I might try to layer the Temporal AoE disorient with Seismic's single target one, but haven't leveled enough yet. 

If you've never leveled a Martial Combat blaster, I highly recommend, it's pretty fun.  Ki Push alone is the reason I love the set, but Burst of speed is fun and Reaction Time is a pretty good toggle.  Eagle's Claw animation never gets old.

Energy would be good, but usually leaves your primary doing most of the work (not a bad thing). It could be great, Seismic is a surprisingly long ranged set with some debuffs and control, and Energy complements that well.  Fire would be fun, the knockdowns on Seismic Blast would be helpful for a Blapper style which Fire is good at. 

Either way, with heavy melee you will be inside the targeted AoE effects (Upthrust) which could be annoying, and the other AoE is a cone which would be hard to line up if you are in melee a lot.  Both of those minor things that could easily be solved with a good combat (or Burst of Speed) teleport setup. 

• 2 weeks later
On 12/7/2021 at 5:37 PM, capricorpse said:

Either way, with heavy melee you will be inside the targeted AoE effects (Upthrust) which could be annoying, and the other AoE is a cone which would be hard to line up if you are in melee a lot.  Both of those minor things that could easily be solved with a good combat (or Burst of Speed) teleport setup. 

Just like to say that after try Earth with Earth, Temporal, and Ice, I settled on Martial.

Martial just works, Upthrust into Burst of Speed into Dragons Tail, jump back into Upthrust into Rock Shards is fun, active and a lot of KD for safety.

Also the slow on the toggle is large and helps line up the stragglers crawling after you nicely.

Edited by PyroBeetle
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 3:52 PM, sternnsw said:

It's not bad, so far..  Some of the sonic attacks are melee, and you have a -res aura, so I'm learning to "joust."  

I’m enjoying the same pairing immensely, and yeah - jousting is the way. There’s a synergy that’s hard to express, but a very active playstyle. Admittedly, I mainly wanted to remake my earth/Sonic controller so I’m having fun with how well this works.

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.