Homecoming Incarnate Guide a.k.a Incarnates made easy

Vea

@tripthicket - The Incarnate abilities are somewhat separate from builds. They will not change as a result of a respec.

You can have multiple Incarnate abilities, but this requires to create new abilities in the incarnate window.

Taking your example, your initial build requires the Agility Alpha Incarnate however the new build requires Musculature Alpha Incarnate. You would need to create the Musculature ability from scratch, you cannot refund the initial ability you created. You don't lose the initial one you created.

@Vea/@Vae/@Vew - You can call me V.

• 6 months later

Thanks for writing this guide but I still find it all very confusing.

The Alpha slot unlocks first but is the hardest to find the components to actually use it? I just hit Veteran Level 1, have 160ish Incarnate Threads but only 3 shards. So I could make something with the threads but I'm not close to unlocking any slots that I could craft anything to fill. Or am I missing something?

@Shock

Another resource from the original city of website that helped make some sense of incarnates.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/16685-incarnates-mess/

This makes it look like we do the task we get the reward.

Component Name Description Obtained By Upgrades Into
Hero 1 DNA Sample Hero 1's DNA contains a small fraction of his power as modified by the Rikti. Lady Grey Task Force Vanguard DNA Metamatrix
Ancient Nictus Fragment The sands of Cimerora have coughed up this gem of Nictus power. Imperious Task Force Incarnate Infused Nictus
Essence of the Incarnate A shred of power from a living Incarnate. Statesman Task Force or Recluse Strike Force Drop of the Well
Dimensional Keystone This stone is imbued with the cosmic resonance of a world beyond Primal Earth. Reichsman Task Force or Reichsman Strike Force Infinite Tessellation
Gr'ai Matter This Rikti neural matter is useful to channel Alpha Incarnate abilities which affect the mind and soul. Purchased with 150 Vanguard Merits  
Penumbra of Rularuu The emanations from Rularuu's Willforges can channel Alpha Incarnate abilities which affect body and bone. Cathedral of Pain  
Incarnate Shard Faint impressions of Incarnate essence can be found almost everywhere. Rare drop from L50+ mobs, or players in PvP. Any; allows upgrades

Edited by Troo
added colour

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Shock said:

Thanks for writing this guide but I still find it all very confusing.

The Alpha slot unlocks first but is the hardest to find the components to actually use it? I just hit Veteran Level 1, have 160ish Incarnate Threads but only 3 shards. So I could make something with the threads but I'm not close to unlocking any slots that I could craft anything to fill. Or am I missing something?

You have enough threads to craft your T1 alpha power. You will get more threads as you play. You might want to look for iTrails in the LFG chat. BAF's are pretty commonly run and easy to do. You can also go to Ouro and run the 50 level Dark Astoria chapter 1 story, it's only 4 short missions (most of which you can stealth), and you will get an incarnate component drop.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

18 hours ago, Crimsonpyre said:

You have enough threads to craft your T1 alpha power. You will get more threads as you play. You might want to look for iTrails in the LFG chat. BAF's are pretty commonly run and easy to do. You can also go to Ouro and run the 50 level Dark Astoria chapter 1 story, it's only 4 short missions (most of which you can stealth), and you will get an incarnate component drop.

Oh I see! I missed that there are 2 ways to create each alpha power. Is it better to try to push up to a higher level alpha power early or save components for when the other powers open up?

Edited by Shock

• 1 year later
On 9/16/2019 at 2:28 AM, tripthicket said:

I'll throw a question in here that I have re Incarnate slotting. I read above that the same slotting works across all 3 builds a character has, without the need for slotting everything 3 times. What about respecs? Say you have a character at 50, umpteen vet levels, with an uber-neat build you got off the forums, and every Incarnate slot at T3 or T4. Then you come across an UBERER build that you just gotta have. Respec time! BUT...does such a respec touch your Incarnate slots at all (whether you want them to change or not)? Or is changing Incarnate slotting an entirely different thing?

Incarnate is it's own thing. There are no respecs for it since you can always respec on the fly (with a time delay) with whatever you have made. 

Dumb question time. Is judgment affected by damage buffs? I know it is not affected sadly by recharge. 

Edited by A Cat

17 hours ago, A Cat said:

Dumb question time. Is judgment affected by damage buffs? I know it is not affected sadly by recharge.

From Issue 20 notes:

"Judgement powers are unaffected by standard character buffs to damage or to hit, but have a high base accuracy and are affected by global enhancements such as those provided by the Alpha and Interface slot. "

Which means Musculature would enhance the damage of Judgement.

2 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

From Issue 20 notes:

"Judgement powers are unaffected by standard character buffs to damage or to hit, but have a high base accuracy and are affected by global enhancements such as those provided by the Alpha and Interface slot. "

Which means Musculature would enhance the damage of Judgement.

Thanks for the reply. I have been wasting my time building fury and using buildup I guess. Man the judgment powers sure are awesome though.