Seismic Blaster

Cuttersky

Yeah, unfortunately, until Mids gets updated, it's difficult to give specific examples.  However, as Meknomancer said, you can use other powersets + some imagination to help get you close....

So in Mids, use Archery for your primary - it has the same type of powers (Single Target, Cone, Ranged AOE, Stun, etc) in the same tiers as Seismic.  Obviously, damage numbers, recharges rates, and etc will be different, but you can at least plan out the powers to take and when, how many slots to give them, and what sets to put into those powers.

As for /Earth, unfortunately there is no blaster secondary with the exact same types of powers in the same tiers.  However, Sonic does come close:

Power Tier /Earth /Sonic
T1 Immob KB
T2 Single Target Melee Single Targe Melee
T3 PBAOE Sleep Single Target Hold
T4 Build Up Build Up
T5 PBAOE Dmg PBAOE Dmg
T6 Toggle: +Recov, +Regen Toggle: +Recov, +Absorb
T7 Toggle: +Acc Toggle: Foe -Res
T8 Ranged AOE Stun Cone Stun
T9 Single Target Melee Single Target Melee

Your T1 (immob vs KB), T3 (sleep vs Hold), and T7 (+Acc vs -Res) will obviously be slotted with different sets, but the rest of /Sonic could be slotted similar to /Earth.

Good luck and have fun!

Edited by Frozen Burn
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Power Tier /Earth /Sonic
T1 Immob Immob
T2 Single Target Melee Single Targe Melee
T3 PBAOE Sleep Single Target Hold
T4 Build Up Build Up
T5 PBAOE Dmg PBAOE Dmg
T6 Toggle: +Recov, +Regen Toggle: +Recov, +Absorb
T7 Toggle: +Acc Toggle: Foe -Res
T8 Ranged AOE Stun Cone Stun
T9 Single Target Melee Single Target Melee

Your T3 (sleep vs Hold) and T7 (+Acc vs -Res) will obviously be slotted with different sets, but the rest of /Sonic could be slotted similar to /Earth.

Good luck and have fun!

T1 Sonic is not an immobilize, it's a knockback.

Did mine the old school way with pen and paper

From Primary, all as soon as they come up:

Shatter-six slot Superior Defensive Barrage

Entomb-five slot Winters Bite and Achilles Heel proc

Seismic Force-Recharge (boosted)

Upthrust-five slot Ragnarok and Force Feedback proc

Tombstone-five slot Sting of the Manticore and either Entropy Chaos proc or Decimation proc

Stalagmite-six slot Superior Blasters Wrath

Meteor-Artillery(A/D, D/R, A/D/R), Overwhelming Force (Dam/KB, E/R), and FF proc

From Secondary, all as soon as they become available

Stone Prison-Acc

Heavy Mallet-five slot Superior Blustering Cold,  FF proc

Build Up-Rchg

Tremor-five slot Superior Avalanche, Fury of the Gladiator Proc

Mud Bath-two slot Performance Shifter, End mod and proc, two slot Power Transfer End mod and Proc

Beryl Crystal

Seismic Smash-5 slot Hetacomb

Odds and ends

Combat Jumping-LotG, WG unique, Shield Wall unique, Reactive Defenses Unique

Super Jump-two slot BotZ with -KB being one

Acrobatics-

Boxing-four slot Kinetic Combat

Tough-defense uniques, 2 slot

Weave-LotG, 2 slot Red Fortune

Scorpion Shield-as Weave

Stealth-as Weave

Infiltration-LotG

Hasten-two slot boosted recharge

Brawl-as Boxing

Health-end unique

Stamina -two slot performance shifter

Edited by PyroBeetle
  • Like 2

It is, sorry was scribbling on a sheet of paper and hurrying to copy into a post...

Also can try an alternate slotting for more S/L defense by doing 4 Kinetic Combat in Heavy Mallet and the FF, then moving the Winter's set into Seismic Smash...the build runs a bit hot, so this frees up am additional End Mod IO for Stamina or Mud Bath, the 10% Haste loss from the slotting change isn't a big deal due to all the FF procs.

• Like 1

Kinetic combats are cheap S/L but really bad ROI. Especially if you have to mule powers like boxing/brawl to get there. Rectified Reticle is much better bang for the buck and can be slotted in Aim/Build up which you actually use. 

Also this:

Combat Jumping-LotG, WG unique, Shield Wall unique, Reactive Defenses Unique

Look at your slotting of the +resist uniques here and look at what you are slotting weave/scorpion shield

2 red fortunes in weave has the same set bonus as 2 reactive defenses, and a third reactive defense adds an HP bonus. See where I'm getting at? Same applies to shield wall. I typically put 3 shield wall including the unique and an LoTG 7.5 in weave. Weave offers the highest def vs all and so the shield walls go there so I can +5 the Def/End and Def IOs and not lose my set bonuses.

Most of my def based melee blasters will shoot for range softcap and high S/L defense, I've explained that rationale in many threads but the short version is you'll kill/mez/soft control the stuff in melee range quickly but it's the stuff from range that soften you up and debuff you, and you can joust/keep moving to have range defense work in your favor most of the time.

I also shoot for a good amount of slow resist >50%. A slowed/immobile melee blaster is a dead melee blaster, a blaster with no attack to cycle is also a dead blaster.

You seem to know what you are doing so I'm not going to break down your slotting for you. If you go the range defense route + S/L then your slotting will need to change considerably.

• Like 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!