Mo Aeon Badges

Meknomancer

• Lead Game Master

Also, the wrench only has a 10% chance to confuse. However, I'm pretty sure just hitting a Brickernaut with it disables their friend-or-foe thingie. You'll still get hurt in the blast, but so will other enemies.

Unless this was changed and I forgot?

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

On 12/22/2021 at 11:03 AM, GM Impervium said:

Unless this was changed and I forgot?

A quick check on City of Data says that you're correct - the wrench has a 100% chance on hitting a Brickernaut (not autohit, still requires the tohit check) to flip the mode thing that's checked later by the self-destruct, meaning they'll hit everything in their radius, not just their enemies. Well, everything except Zoe and Battle Becky.

The script for the badge is separate, though. Either version of the power will trigger the script check if it hits Zoe, and the Brickernaut being confused _should_ mean that the foe-only one still hits her. Either way, though, the exact badge conditions aren't visible to us players, so it may require actually confusing the thing, if the script checks that. Just the wrench alone may or may not be enough.

Actually, now that I think about it, that means that for a Brickernaut that the team can confuse anyway, the wrench ends up counter-productive, since it disables the friend/foe check, and means the explosion will hit players again despite the confuse. 

• Like 1

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

• Lead Game Master
31 minutes ago, BillyMailman said:

A quick check on City of Data says that you're correct - the wrench has a 100% chance on hitting a Brickernaut (not autohit, still requires the tohit check) to flip the mode thing that's checked later by the self-destruct, meaning they'll hit everything in their radius, not just their enemies. Well, everything except Zoe and Battle Becky.

The script for the badge is separate, though. Either version of the power will trigger the script check if it hits Zoe, and the Brickernaut being confused _should_ mean that the foe-only one still hits her. Either way, though, the exact badge conditions aren't visible to us players, so it may require actually confusing the thing, if the script checks that. Just the wrench alone may or may not be enough.

Actually, now that I think about it, that means that for a Brickernaut that the team can confuse anyway, the wrench ends up counter-productive, since it disables the friend/foe check, and means the explosion will hit players again despite the confuse. 

That later part is exactly what happens. Teams should beware not to mix and match their strategy!

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

• City Council
On 12/24/2021 at 3:55 PM, BillyMailman said:

Either way, though, the exact badge conditions aren't visible to us players

If Zoe's health is <= 10% when she's hit by a Brickernaut explosion, her health is set to zero and the badge awards. I believe a little debug text slipped into the live build that will print in chat exactly how much HP she had when the explosion went off.

57 minutes ago, Faultline said:

If Zoe's health is <= 10% when she's hit by a Brickernaut explosion, her health is set to zero and the badge awards. I believe a little debug text slipped into the live build that will print in chat exactly how much HP she had when the explosion went off.

Question, then: Is there any actual check for whether the Brickernaut is confused, or will an un-confused Brickernaut who's been wrenched into hitting everyone, still trigger the badge? Because that was the big question I had when my group were running it, the script thing meant I couldn't tell, and so we just piled on ST confuse temps on top of the wrench, to make sure.

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

On 12/14/2021 at 1:00 AM, BovineAvenger said:

I think this is the case; I always volunteer to be one of the people sat at a distance, and I've seen myself take damage from somewhere when I'm miles from where the blue marker actually spawned. I've also seen it appear in the middle of the main fight when there should have been a second player on the balcony at the back, but he may have gone too close and not been the second furthest away.  One easy fix would be to have the player he's aiming at be visibly marked before and during it's appearence, so they have time to clear off.

Ok, I FINALLY got the MaSteer of Aeon badge after picking up a great team; and I was on the balcowny duty again and was watching very cowfully; I think one cause of cowfusion on damage is that you also take damage when King teleports you to the next room, but fortunately that doesn't fail the badge itself. Only damage from the blue beams of udder frustration.  It paints a blue beam down onto the floor and leaves a star marker below you, but the damage is when it disappears not when it appears, just hoof it off somewhere else, and have the rest of the team in melee range and it hopefully will work for you.

• 4 weeks later

Hello there,

There is still a bug with ripple during Midas fight.

One member of team was hit by ripple while the ripple wasn't there. We were far away, opposite corner (but we saw the ripple damage on log).

It happened just before/during teleport in "mini-game" 

Invisible ripples ?